collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 11:32:37 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:32:10 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 11:29:53 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:28:14 AM]

[Today at 11:27:58 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa & England) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 11:27:36 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Dave
[Today at 11:22:17 AM]

[Today at 11:20:41 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Martin O'Neill: Ten years on  (Read 15822 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Martin O'Neill: Ten years on
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2023, 08:22:09 PM »
After much careful deliberation, weighing up all the good and bad from his time here I have to the conclusion that he's a pubeheaded twat that was a footballing dinsoaur tactics wise. P.s. He's a twat.

Offline CorkVilla

« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2023, 04:35:20 AM »
I still can't believe he sold Gary Cahill and bought Emile Heskey.

Offline Dick Edwards

« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2023, 08:53:15 AM »

He left out of spite, at a time calculated to cause most harm, and much of the following five years was down to him.

Absolutely this. I've seen him interviewed recently where he's suggested he 'may' have done the wrong thing leaving as he did. He knows deep down what he did was spiteful and calculating but he still can't completely cleanse his conscience. For me he'll never be respected as a successful former Villa manager because he really wanted us to suffer when he left. And suffer we did.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2023, 11:03:45 AM »

He left out of spite, at a time calculated to cause most harm, and much of the following five years was down to him.

Absolutely this. I've seen him interviewed recently where he's suggested he 'may' have done the wrong thing leaving as he did. He knows deep down what he did was spiteful and calculating but he still can't completely cleanse his conscience. For me he'll never be respected as a successful former Villa manager because he really wanted us to suffer when he left. And suffer we did.

I have a really good mate who is a Leicester fan and it was strange how he and fellow Foxes really didn't rave about him as he left them in a similar spot (different motivation) at the peak with little future planning.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2023, 05:47:29 PM »
He looked like he felt like yesterday's man when shoving over to let Unai answer questions from the Amazon Prime team last week. Admitted he had been tankerous in 2010 and regretted resigning. 

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2023, 05:23:21 PM »
Just about to finish his book, done the Villa section. I never really hated him and didn't understand some of the more extreme vitriol. Having read the chapter on his time with us I found myself more angry about the Moscow thing than his resignation. I always found him a likeable individual but he comes across the opposite on the book, conceited and somewhat arrogant. I did enjoy his time with us but don't look back with the fondness I do when Big Ron or Sir Graham were in charge.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2023, 05:11:17 AM »
What did he say about Moscow?

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2023, 12:24:18 AM »
Whisper it, but SUE may, we hope, be confronted with the same issue sometime in the Spring.

The advantage he will have is that the strategic use of his squad players so far means he will be better equipped to put out competitive teams in all competitions.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2023, 02:57:10 PM »
What did he say about Moscow?

I don't know about the book, but I assume it was the same as an interview I heard recently where he defended the team selection for Moscow by saying they were all first team footballers or something and not exactly the youth team....and didn't think the game was that important to the fans who were more concerned about the league.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal