collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by simon ward 50
[Today at 01:43:06 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by LeeS
[Today at 01:26:24 PM]

NSWE Investment by FrankyH
[Today at 01:25:27 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:18:45 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 01:06:15 PM]

Villa songs on Alexa by Louzie0
[Today at 12:16:54 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by WarszaVillan
[Today at 12:15:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Claret & Blue Brum/Midlands  (Read 19842 times)

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: Claret & Blue Brum/Midlands
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2020, 05:34:10 PM »
I live in Nechells. Split about 50/50 I'd say but the more unfriendly/twattish types usually noses.
Obviously Nechells has gone downhill. In my day it was solid Villa.
It's still just as salubrious as it's always been.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 08:41:32 PM by The Edge »

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2020, 05:40:42 PM »
Aston/Kingstanding. Growing up, I never met a nose until I started work in the Jewellery Quarter.
There were a few baggies in Kingstanding, but you mainly found them towards the Scot Arms/Bar Beacon areas.
From speaking with some family members who still live in the area there are now a fair few noses in Kingstanding. You could never envision that when I was a kid.

Offline nigel

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2020, 05:49:54 PM »
Based mainly on places I have drank on a regular/semi-regular basis, I reckon Solihull is the biggest Blose stronghold.

Was driving in Kings Norton once with my Nan. Stopped off just up from the station for a quick pub lunch and on entrance to my horror they had a massive team picture of SHA on the wall.

Chris Smith might disagree with me but I'd say Kings Norton/Longbridge/Northfield part is most SHA area of the city given how close it is to their training ground and then they get the out of towners from likes of Redditch that they think just applies to us.

I’d tend to agree, mate, and you can add West Heath, too.
You’ve got the Man on the Moon pub, which you wouldn’t wear Villa colours to.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2020, 05:53:51 PM »
Based mainly on places I have drank on a regular/semi-regular basis, I reckon Solihull is the biggest Blose stronghold.

Was driving in Kings Norton once with my Nan. Stopped off just up from the station for a quick pub lunch and on entrance to my horror they had a massive team picture of SHA on the wall.

Chris Smith might disagree with me but I'd say Kings Norton/Longbridge/Northfield part is most SHA area of the city given how close it is to their training ground and then they get the out of towners from likes of Redditch that they think just applies to us.

Yeah I was going to stop there for the mentioned pub meal but it's just across the road from Wast Hill so decided against.  Kept on driving along A441 and got to the Bulls Head on the green and that's the one that has the SHA picture in the lounge area of the pub.

The Navigation was another dive just across the island but that closed down about a year ago.

Offline nigel

« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2020, 05:58:59 PM »

You need to go further East for the major Bluenose areas I think. The Turves Green side of Longbridge is probably more them but Northfield and Kings Norton are more mixed. Would it be The Camp you were in? Not been in for years but it wouldn’t surprise me, I don’t use it but the others in close proximity didn’t have posters up when I’ve been in.

Went to the Jolly Fitter many years ago with a nose mate.
This guy who he knew started harping on about the Villa. I opened my mouth to say something and my mate kicked me and told me we had to leave. He told me that guy was a massive blues thug and he’d have kicked the shite out of me there and then had he known I was Villa.
The Dukes in Northfield was the same

Offline nigel

« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2020, 06:03:11 PM »

Yeah I was going to stop there for the mentioned pub meal but it's just across the road from Wast Hill so decided against.  Kept on driving along A441 and got to the Bulls Head on the green and that's the one that has the SHA picture in the lounge area of the pub.

The Navigation was another dive just across the island but that closed down about a year ago.

The Navigation used to be a decent pub when it was Davenports.
Both it and the Bull went down hill when the pubs in Druids Heath and Hawksley closed

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2020, 06:07:21 PM »
I lived in Perry Common until I was 7 when we moved to Castle Bromwich, which is where I first became aware of their existance. The first ever altercation I ever had with one, I remember it vividly, had my list of what we'd won countered with "at least we aint bin in da fird division". That was soon rectified.

I always think of Castle Brom as the borderlands, Castle Vale Villa only one side, Shard End rags the other, pretty split with the older boys more Blues but their sons are mostly Villa.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2020, 06:11:57 PM »
Moon, Fordrough, Cofton, Fitter. All really, really not Villa.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2020, 06:14:56 PM »
Kingshurst
I would say it was a 50/50 split

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2020, 06:16:30 PM »
I class Bromsgrove as my home town even though we only moved there when I was 9 and I left when I was 19, but those ages are when you start discovering stuff in life. Those years covered the 80s and it was very much Villa back then, probably assorted Man Utd/Liverpool glory hunters second, then sha then the bitters. Over the last 10-20 years more sha have apparently appeared but it's still a Villa town.

Also lived in Sparkill (pretty even split in the 90s), Bartley Green (also a split), and Edgbaston (Villa).

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2020, 06:24:07 PM »
Im born and bred in Stourbridge, but followed Villa because of my Grandad, who was born on Witton Lane

Where I am now is a mixture of Villa, Wolves and bitters, though only seen Wolves fans in last two years mind 🤔
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 06:27:49 PM by BC Villain »

Offline mike

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2020, 06:24:50 PM »

And, unsurprisingly, all shitholes. Anyone else old enough to remember when it was the Man in the Moon? They changed it after the moon landing. The Fitter was knocked down years ago. Not sure the Cofton hasn’t gone too.

My recollection when I lived in Kings Norton (60s to 80s) and visited family in Northfield and Longbridge was that it was mostly Blues but when I go back to visit family, there seems to be more kids in Villa tops than anything.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2020, 06:37:49 PM »

And, unsurprisingly, all shitholes. Anyone else old enough to remember when it was the Man in the Moon? They changed it after the moon landing. The Fitter was knocked down years ago. Not sure the Cofton hasn’t gone too.

My recollection when I lived in Kings Norton (60s to 80s) and visited family in Northfield and Longbridge was that it was mostly Blues but when I go back to visit family, there seems to be more kids in Villa tops than anything.

The Man on/in the Moon is the only one of those left.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2020, 06:53:03 PM »
There was a Brummie duo of flower sellers in Horsham market up until a year or so ago, don’t think they still come down here now although one of their relatives may run the stall now. They were Villa fans from Castle Bromwich. Most of the people around me in the Liquor Station on Wembley High St in 2018 were Castle Bromwich Brummies too.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2020, 06:58:15 PM »
Originally from Lichfield, now live in North Wales. My dad's from the Cotswolds, as was my grandad (also a lifelong Villa supporter). I don't drink in town. I'm exactly the sort of person the noses talk about.

Mostly Villa around there, just a handful of Baggies and Noses. See the odd Villa shirt around Wrexham, but it's mostly Liverpool/Man Utd/Wrexham.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 07:00:29 PM by algy »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal