collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:13:13 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 01:11:05 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 01:10:53 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 01:10:39 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:48:15 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by London Villan
[Today at 12:45:25 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Pete3206
[Today at 12:42:56 PM]

Diego Carlos by Footy-Vill
[Today at 12:14:13 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:13:13 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 01:13:12 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 01:11:59 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 01:11:05 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 01:10:53 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 01:10:39 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 01:06:41 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:03:50 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Best of luck to Villa...proper football club.  (Read 9212 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: Best of luck to Villa...proper football club.
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2020, 06:46:01 PM »
Cheers EB. Best of luck in future (apart from any game against us!). Personally I wish Everton no ill will, unlike your red counterparts down the road. Do us a favour on Sunday please.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2020, 06:46:48 PM »
That’s a weird one. Most Redscouse I have met have usually been complimentary about the Villa (albeit in a mildly condescending way) whereas the Bluescouse had a vague whiff of the Bordesley mentality about them.

Maybe the Downing and Benteke sale of the century rip offs and the cup semi final defeat did for our Redscouse high regard.

Absolutely gutted.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2020, 07:01:10 PM »
Experience is subjective I suppose. I've been insulted and condescended to by plenty of Redscouse for my Villa support, whereas I've never once had an issue with an Evertonian. Always respectful of our legacy and they understand what it's like to have long fallow periods without any of the bullshit "30 years of hurt" Liverpool fallacy.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2020, 07:01:44 PM »
Nice one EB - if you live around this way I will treat you to a pint in the Freshie - cheers VCTM
Most of my buddies on Merseyside are Evertonians and have similar views to your own about the Villa
Another good friend, who lost his brother at Hillsborough, sent me a text late last night congratulating us on our victory over Arsenal and wished us well for Sunday.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2020, 07:07:23 PM »
Cheers mate. I don't hate Everton, which is as effusive as my praise for any other club gets. Good luck to you.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2020, 07:33:32 PM »
The move will be interesting but not so fragrant...there’s a sewage treatment plant right next door so make sure you eat BEFORE you enter.
I’m always pleased to see southern clubs relegated and midlands/northern clubs promoted...I mean, come on...Bournemouth, Watford, Brighton, Norwich in the top flight? Not for me I’m afraid, not when there are some big & properclubs languishing in the Championship. My auld fella always told me about the size of Villa as a club/fanbase and, as usual, he was quite right. I hope Everton leather Bournemouth and I’m sure I’ll see you all next season...all the best now..

My junior school headmaster was an Evertonian. His name was Mr Lambert and he reckoned one of his former pupils went on to write stories for Roy Of The Rovers comic. He also reckoned in one comic strip his former pupil had named a character Mr Lambert. If you were playing up Mr Lambert was prone to call you "a potterb". A phrase I have never heard anyone else use (apart from me and H&V's Nev who were both taught by him).

Offline aldridgeboy

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2020, 07:39:22 PM »
Thanks EB.Very nice of you to say. I think over the years we Villa think we probably have more in common with you than prob any other club.
My first ever away game when I was stopping with my Evertonian cousin in Formby.

We lost 5-0 😂

Hope you smash Bournemouth Sunday.
Bizzarely, I’ll be in Bournemouth !!

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2020, 07:42:38 PM »
Cheers EB, Agree two proper clubs. One of my favourite away fixtures, not sure if it will continue with the new stadium tho. Hope you make our Sunday afternoon b beating Bournemouth handsomely

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2020, 07:43:11 PM »
Where 'hate' is concerned there's usually a big difference between online and normal people. Most proper supporters of both clubs have been fine in my experience, and if it wasn't for us Everton wouldn't exist. Ask me for further details.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2020, 07:43:31 PM »
In my experience Everton fans are almost perfectly 50/50 when it comes to Villa. Half of them hate us nearly as much as they hate Liverpool and the other half see as a sort of kindred spirit. As with any club with fans that really hate us that aren't from Birmingham I've never really understood it (Except Newcastle, I get why they have a problem with us, but it was worth it).

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2020, 07:47:42 PM »
Thanks mate. Let’s keep the longest running top flight fixture Villa v Everton going.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2020, 07:48:14 PM »
I've never liked Everton or their fans, never liked the atmosphere there and I certainly wouldn't miss them as long as we are we are still in the premier and they got relegated next season. They're ain't a proper club anything like us

Cheers mate, you are right we are a proper club. Good luck against Bournemouth.
Hahaha! Scouse humour? Picked up from Mortimer, Withe, Swain, Gidman, Warnock, McCann...or...Ron Saunders (Birkenhead-lad and a distant relative)

Distant relative of the great man Saunders ? Then we roll out the red , sorry blue, carpet for you

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2020, 07:48:38 PM »
Where 'hate' is concerned there's usually a big difference between online and normal people. Most proper supporters of both clubs have been fine in my experience, and if it wasn't for us Everton wouldn't exist. Ask me for further details.

Can I have details please?

Offline Daley’s dreads

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2020, 07:50:05 PM »
I went off Everton a few years back when they seemed to become quite bitter towards us. Although it’s nice to hear that many of them appreciate just how similar the two clubs are.

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2020, 08:05:33 PM »
Cheers lad.

Let's how big Richardson bangs in 5 at the weekend

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal