collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chris Nicholl  (Read 9124 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Chris Nicholl
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2020, 07:50:45 AM »
Hats off to the Walsall fans.  Being a good supporter is not all about hating your rivals. 

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2020, 05:05:50 PM »
Independent saddlers supporters association
Ref Chris Nicholl, 
It is with sadness that we announce with the full permission of the Nicholl family to do so
 that Chris Nicholl has had to leave the Walsall area , and is now residing. Back in Southampton  short term with his immediate family ,   
This follows an  incident on Thursday, which.  Saw  Chris. Suffer a particularly nasty.   Incident due to his illness   Finally getting the better of him  and putting him in a very vulnerable position
( please do not ask for details as they will not be disclosed )
The family of Chris have sorted a more  suitable.  Level of care for him,   That even tho secure,   Will see him still be able to play his golf,   It slo has its own leisure facilities,  a cinema.  And even a built in pub lol. ,   Everything Chris could ever require  whilst in a fully safe and secure. Place,     It's actually like a quality hotel.  So as said. A brilliant place for Chris
During the time. Issa. And the wider. Wfc fan base where looking out for and assisting Chris.  Special bonds where formed.  And both me.    The Mrs Jane.  And Dave josebury are greatly . Upset at him having to leave. Walsall, but fully  understand the. Need  for it being right  for Chris, as his illness has took another step,  and the current facility no longer met his needs
No matter how  many journeys me Jane. And Dave josebury. Made to rescue him.    ( and there where many lol )   No matter how many meals we supplied for him or the hours sat. Watching the golf and football.   Or taking. Him to meet fans who adored him , it would never repay  that night he gave us in bury,  and he went from a guy who was hero worshiped to a truly special freind,
He never lost that quick witted banter,  and it was a pleasure to be in his company    And. Even tho he's now returned to his. Family he will never be forgotten in Walsall
From all involved with the independent saddlers supporters association, we wish you nothing but the. Best. Gaffer,  and we will be down to visit you as often as possible   , you won't get rid of us that easily big man
I'm sure every saddler echoes. Our thoughts  and we thank each and everyone of you. Who ever contacted us to alert us at times Chris was lost and confused and to the many. Who gave him lifts home    You Also played your part and should be proud of your input to looking. Out for a Walsall legend
I'm going to thank a few now.  who also  helped Issa out. Whilst looking out for the gaffer,  they never courted publicity but it ,s only right they get credit for there actions   And these are ex players of Walsall FC.  So at the Risk of embarrassing them here goes.
A massive thank  you to.  Skip. Martin  oconor ,   Darren wrack,  Chris marsh,    Stuart Ryder.  Wayne Thomas,   Kev Wilson,   Jimmy walker.   Scott houghton.      You all stepped up when asked.    And this is why you will always be legends. Of Walsall. FC
We must also thank all involved with Walsall football club who also.  Played there part  enduring whilst slowed. Before. Behind closed  door games took place always ensured.  Chris was looked after on match days
Special thank you to  Dave josebury who also had a special bond with  Chris.   And spent many hours  with him.   And to my Mrs Jane who drove. To collect Chris on many occasions and became his.   Chief cook  and taxi driver lol,    And last but not least Micky Evans.  Who dropped everything on Thursday and took Chris home to Southampton on Thursday.  When Chris was at a particular bad place with his illness ,   And also Paul  cooper who also provided.  Many an emergency lift.   
So  gaffer from all, of us we wish you nothing but the best  and hope your new place improves your golf handicap lol   ( just dont  let that wacka beat you lol
We will never forget you.  And thank you for. That unforgettable night in bury  it will never be forgotten. Either

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2020, 05:17:44 PM »
Look after him please.

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2020, 05:23:32 PM »
What a fantastic article and I hope Chris gets the care he needs whilst enjoying whatever time he has left.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2020, 05:30:52 PM »
Fair play to those Walsall fans, what a tremendous effort and pure humanity.
I started going down the villa as a kid in the early 80s so a few short years after the Nicholl era, but watched plenty of videos of him and that team over the years. Also had the pleasure of seeing him speak along with Gary Shaw and Tony Morley at a fans doo at a tennis club in Boldmere, 3 or so years ago, around our first year after relegation. Although his memory was obviously slipping a bit, he was really funny, told some great anecdotes and happily purring about that league cup final goal against Everton.
All the best to him in his new surroundings.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2020, 06:48:41 PM »
Working as I did in Witton, Myself and my Villa supporting mate often used to walk up to Villa Park during lunchtime and have a wander around.  One such time we were there and were approached by one of the staff who said " have you heard, we've signed Chris Nicholl from Luton" For once I was Johnny-on-the-spot. 

Offline colin69

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2020, 07:13:57 PM »
My first Villa game was on 1978 so I too missed seeing Chris play live for us but have obviously seen the videos etc. I hope he gets to spend some quality time in Southampton and I wish him all the best.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2020, 07:47:51 PM »
Have the villa helped him our do you think? Is it all through the FPA?

Offline Steve kirk

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2020, 07:50:28 PM »
So glad Chris will be in a safer environment back in Southampton, I saw him play many times, he arrived at VP in the 71/72 third division promotion season and immediately made his mark as a top centre half and leader, I was at Filbert Street in 1976 when he scored all 4 in the 2-2 draw and who can forget his 40 yarder against Everton in the league cup final replay at Old Trafford in 1977, sending best wishes to Chris and his family.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2020, 12:32:41 PM »
If ever the PFA needed a reason to support older players its stories like this.

I was there in 77 with my Dad behind the goal (on the other side though) when the exorcet was launched.

A gentle man and a gentleman. Hope he suffers no more with a hideous disease

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2020, 11:38:55 AM »
If ever the PFA needed a reason to support older players its stories like this.

I was there in 77 with my Dad behind the goal (on the other side though) when the exorcet was launched.

A gentle man and a gentleman. Hope he suffers no more with a hideous disease
Fully agree with everything in this post.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2020, 11:52:53 AM »
Have the villa helped him our do you think? Is it all through the FPA?

Sadly, I think that helping former players is now lower down the list of priorities for the Villa than it has been for a long time.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2020, 12:24:29 PM »
Just emailed Aston Villa Former Players Club to see if anything is being done or could be done to help poor old Chris out.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2021, 11:18:16 PM »

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2021, 11:31:45 PM »
I hope there will be an opportunity for Villa fans to contribute at some point, because I would like to thank a fantastic player.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal