collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pre-match thread. Aston Villa vs Arsenal. 21st July, kick off at 8.15pm.  (Read 11679 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
I really hope we win but I reckon we will get a point 1-1 draw.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Exciting, isn't it? No arse-end dead rubbers for us for the what, seventh or eighth season out of ten now? And we've always come good. We will tomorrow.
2-1, Hourihane and Grealish putting us 2 up with twenty minutes left, a deflected wide shot hits the post and goes in off the back of Reina's head with two minutes to go for them. We hold on, and thanks to citeh's six earlier, we're out of the bottom three. Sorted.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
I had this down as a draw a few weeks back but since then Arsenal have somehow found themselves in their best form of the season.  I'll stick with a draw but we're going to have to play very well.

Offline Ditton33

Exciting, isn't it? No arse-end dead rubbers for us for the what, seventh or eighth season out of ten now? And we've always come good. We will tomorrow.
2-1, Hourihane and Grealish putting us 2 up with twenty minutes left, a deflected wide shot hits the post and goes in off the back of Reina's head with two minutes to go for them. We hold on, and thanks to citeh's six earlier, we're out of the bottom three. Sorted.
Love all the Gallows humour, think how boring these pages would be if we were just languishing mid table with two games to go!

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
Heart saying 1-0, with endless heart attacks along the way.

Head says 0-2 and probably won’t be even close.

I’ll take option one and the heart attacks all day!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
We'll be 2 up going into the last 10 mins, Arsenal pull one back in the 81st minute. They score again 85th minute but VAR disallows it. They hit the woodwork twice, they score in 93rd minute, and VAR disallows it again after a 4 minute wait.

The match thread will be littered with corpses.

Online Lastfootstamper

We'll be 2 up going into the last 10 mins, Arsenal pull one back in the 81st minute. They score again 85th minute but VAR disallows it. They hit the woodwork twice, they score in 93rd minute, and VAR disallows it again after a 4 minute wait.

Jon Crofts comes back Monday, finds a solitary post in the post-match thread left by pauliewalnuts explaining what he found here. Martin's servers blink slowly, silently. Woodhall stands alone atop his fortress, surveying below all that remains of his once great domain. Legion wonders if it was something he did. A few of us manage to drag our battered remains to VillaTalk, but for many their only future is a blanket, cocoa and a distant quiet.

Online Sexual Ealing

Jon Crofts comes back Monday, finds a solitary post in the post-match thread left by pauliewalnuts explaining what he found here. Martin's servers blink slowly, silently. Woodhall stands alone atop his fortress, surveying below all that remains of his once great domain. Legion wonders if it was something he did. A few of us manage to drag our battered remains to VillaTalk, but for many their only future is a blanket, cocoa and a distant quiet.

This sounds a lot like Boris Johnson's 'oven-ready' deal.

Offline wince

This week is tense enough as it is especially given I find out if I’m being made redundant. So villa give me some hope please

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
This week is tense enough as it is especially given I find out if I’m being made redundant. So villa give me some hope please
Fingers crossed for you mate.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Good luck with everything, Wince.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Best of luck, Wince.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Heart saying 1-0, with endless heart attacks along the way.

Head says 0-2 and probably won’t be even close.

I’ll take option one and the heart attacks all day!

Any win will do. A draw would be acceptable but if we are to lose, please let it be 6-5. I fancy Bournemouth to beat Everton and we win at West Ham. A goal difference in both results. I've always felt relegation will be decided on goal difference but looking at the table it may go down to goals scored. Watford won't win another game so the season will end with us, Watford and Bournemouth all on 34 points. We'll stay up by the skin of our teeth.

All that said, 1-0 Villa tomorrow.

Offline manic-road

Head says 0-2 loss however I just hope we put in a decent performance and get a win.

Offline levico

Another must win game so....

0-2

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal