collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tense Two  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Tense Two
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2020, 12:01:02 PM »
The desire and spirit to fight for points has been lacking all season - I think that reflects poorly on Smith
You would have thought that some of Terrys tenacity from his playing days would have rubbed off but maybe that desire hasn't manifested to his coaching role
I just don't see enough fight and raw passion from the squad to win the last two games - Smith sends the team out with the the wrong mind set against the team's at the top - leaving them beaten before crossing the line - poor management in my opinion

I don't totally agree with that. It did come across to me in the earlier games after the re-start that we were just trying not to lose but there has been a lot more fight and desire in the last couple of games, too late obviously but it's there.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2020, 12:02:13 PM »
Apart from the odd brief periods of personal optimism I have thought we would go down since the hammering at Leicester. Apart from a few brief occasions we have very rarely looked comfortable and good enough to compete in this division. We have been better and more competitive than 1987 and 2016 but that isn't difficult considering how abject we there in those two seasons.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2020, 12:15:56 PM »
The desire and spirit to fight for points has been lacking all season - I think that reflects poorly on Smith
You would have thought that some of Terrys tenacity from his playing days would have rubbed off but maybe that desire hasn't manifested to his coaching role
I just don't see enough fight and raw passion from the squad to win the last two games - Smith sends the team out with the the wrong mind set against the team's at the top - leaving them beaten before crossing the line - poor management in my opinion
How have they been beaten before crossing the line when they've taken the lead so many times?
By not having the mentality or tactical nous to "hang on" or manage the games out .....Smith  in his pre match ramblings always "bigs" up the opposition - hardly surprising the confidence erodes after conceding a goal or losing a lead

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2020, 12:29:00 PM »
How have they been beaten before crossing the line when they've taken the lead so many times?
By not having the mentality or tactical nous to "hang on" or manage the games out .....Smith  in his pre match ramblings always "bigs" up the opposition - hardly surprising the confidence erodes after conceding a goal or losing a lead

You're right mate. Smith has been fucking useless this season. A rubbish mixture of Bruce, Lambert and any other clueless, rambling manager. Gormless.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2020, 02:07:54 PM »

You're right mate. Smith has been fucking useless this season. A rubbish mixture of Bruce, Lambert and any other clueless, rambling manager. Gormless.
agree

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal