collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Clampy
[Today at 07:39:53 AM]

NSWE Investment by Clampy
[Today at 07:36:01 AM]

Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tense Two  (Read 3120 times)

Offline RamboandBruno

Re: Tense Two
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2020, 08:18:53 AM »
I've witnessed two relegations first hand as a season ticket holder, 86-87, we were gone by this stage of the season  finishing bottom. 2015-16 psychologically gone by Xmas, finishing bottom.
We might go but this is not those relegations.
I can't see Watford or West ham playing for a draw tonight, whoever wins is safe, too big a price. Whoever loses has either man city or man u up next. Bournemouth are the tricky ones as they are showing signs of life and have potentially winnable games, need Southampton to turn up there for their local derby. If a team loses tonight and loses their next game, a draw against Arsenal, would see us going to West Ham, 2 points behind. I'd take that and would of bit your hand off for that after the man u game. It's not over yet.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 08:30:57 AM »
We need to beat Arsenal and then hope that they will then get up for their last game against Watford?  Can't see that, if we beat them they probably will as well.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2020, 09:49:40 AM »
We need to beat Arsenal and then hope that they will then get up for their last game against Watford?  Can't see that, if we beat them they probably will as well.

Dont want to wish injury on anyone but if west ham can take Sarr, Deeney, Dawson out of next weeks games with knocks then that would be ideal

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2020, 09:59:57 AM »
And actually we are all focussing on those two, but we are still behind Bournemouth and they will probably beat Everton.  I think we are fucked.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2020, 10:17:34 AM »
Well we're behind everyone that matters, so focusing on anyone but ourselves is a bit pointless really. All we can do is set a non-relegation form total of points for the last 2 games and hope 2 other teams can't match or better it. End of the day even another 4 points from the next 2 games could be enough

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2020, 10:28:58 AM »
And actually we are all focussing on those two, but we are still behind Bournemouth and they will probably beat Everton.  I think we are fucked.
Will get something from Southampton aswell, we have been fucked since January.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2020, 10:31:18 AM »
That’s what I think.
Bournemouth are showing some real fight.

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2020, 01:38:23 PM »
Just forget it, we're down.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2020, 01:43:45 PM »
I’m glad Bournemouth have been mentioned here.

All social media seems to have completely forgotten they’re above us too!

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2020, 02:03:27 PM »
We play Arsenal on Tuesday after their loss V Man Cit in the cup semi final.  We're up for it, they are dejected and down.  Arsenal can be good at that.  Beat them and we go into the last game with some hope as West Ham will be out of contention by then.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2020, 11:26:37 AM »
We have a habit of focusing of the positives of the teams around us and over analysing our failures at the same time. So Pearson’s done a great job at Watford, just the kind of tough manager we need, there results since We beat them generally don’t tell the same story. Bournemouth are showing really fight...but we’re not showing fight despite getting 4 points from the last two games?? Yes Thursday was horrible, but ultimately we still got a point. We have to attack Arsenal and treat them with no respect and see what happens. We lose then yes we are down and the proper review in the club will no doubt start, draw or win we live to fight for another day.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2020, 11:42:04 AM »
The desire and spirit to fight for points has been lacking all season - I think that reflects poorly on Smith
You would have thought that some of Terrys tenacity from his playing days would have rubbed off but maybe that desire hasn't manifested to his coaching role
I just don't see enough fight and raw passion from the squad to win the last two games - Smith sends the team out with the the wrong mind set against the team's at the top - leaving them beaten before crossing the line - poor management in my opinion

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2020, 11:50:06 AM »
The desire and spirit to fight for points has been lacking all season - I think that reflects poorly on Smith
You would have thought that some of Terrys tenacity from his playing days would have rubbed off but maybe that desire hasn't manifested to his coaching role
I just don't see enough fight and raw passion from the squad to win the last two games - Smith sends the team out with the the wrong mind set against the team's at the top - leaving them beaten before crossing the line - poor management in my opinion
How have they been beaten before crossing the line when they've taken the lead so many times?

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2020, 11:50:58 AM »
W
W

I’ve suddenly been overtaken by a completely unjustified feeling of optimism.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2020, 11:54:28 AM »
If we had beaten Everton, I'd believe. I think that has fucked us. If we beat Arsenal at home for the first time since Herbert Chapman was manager, I might start to believe there's a chance again. Especially if Bournemouth have, at best, drawn, and Watford have lost to Man City.

At the moment my predictions are:

Lose
Don't give a fuck, we're already down
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 11:56:33 AM by cdbullyweefan »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal