collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Crystal Palace Post Match Thread  (Read 10846 times)

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
Re: Aston Villa v Crystal Palace Post Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2020, 04:25:30 PM »
Benteke was giving out some verbals, Davis copped a mouthful someone obviously got in his head.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2020, 04:26:00 PM »
Credit to the team and management.

Spot on today. Getting to 30 points feels big. Follow that up with three more big performances and we will escape.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2020, 04:26:04 PM »
Survival still a possibility.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2020, 04:26:17 PM »
Ta. I switched over to the cricket once the final whistle went.
For the first time in weeks now I have looked at SSN.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2020, 04:26:21 PM »
That’s all we ask for.... Effort reaps reward.
Every man gave his all today, and we won as a team. Trez, whilst not flavour of the month on this forum generally, can never be accused of lack of effort. Never stops running and today was rewarded with a brace (which could have been a hat trick).
Still not convinced Smith has turned the corner... our biggest outlet, especially early on, was from Elmo at RB, a change enforced by injury. You’d have to question whether we’d have got that performance with Konsa there?
Still a long way to go, but 3 points and the required performance were there today. 1 down, 3 to go!
COME ON VILLA!!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2020, 04:26:45 PM »
Benteke sent off at the final whistle. For mouthing off to the ref I think.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2020, 04:27:00 PM »
For a while now I've thought we'd benefit less from coaching than we would from psychotherapy. Whatever's been said or done, our heads looked right today.

Loved it, I'd forgotten what a win makes me feel like!

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2020, 04:27:14 PM »
Did Benteke get sent off after the final whistle?

Yep.

What happened?

I think Roy told him that he'd accepted an offer from Villa and he had to be at Bodymoor by 9am tomorrow morning.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2020, 04:28:26 PM »
Good result. Well done Trezeguet.

Offline supertom

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2020, 04:29:52 PM »
A lot better. I've seen some dreadful performances since the restart from us, but Palace should be ashamed. Heartless, gutless and no desire. We've played other sides who were a little lackadaisical but made nothing of it. Thankfully today we we aggressive and pushed players into the box. A comfortable win (and we've had maybe 2 of those beforehand this season).

Grealish was better today, largely because he was more influential near the box. Partly because Palace couldn't be fucked to do the same kind of hatchet job on him as everyone else has. That said, others stepped up. McGinn has been better of late. Hourihane was decent today. Elmo on the right delivers good crosses and Trezeguet was getting good positions and two excellent instinctive finishes. When he doesn't get too much time, he's better. It doesn't allow the doubt to creep him and get him flustered. I'm actually pleased for Trez. He's not a world beater and he has had dreadful games, but he tries and looks like he cares. Just needs more confidence, but hopefully those goals will help him kick on. 6 goals this season. For an 8 million pound player that's not bad, about what you'd expect by market values. Point is, he's squad level rather than first 11, but we never signed the first 11 standard winger.

Reina has been solid since returning, and assured. He had key moments today just to steady us with a couple of saves.

Everton are beatable. The important thing is, we show plenty of intent. Hourihane as an example gets stick, and rightly so, but he has to play every game, as simple as that, because he can deliver a set piece and is a threat from distance. One attribute is better than no attributes. So he plays. I'd also look to play Elmo in the Everton and W.H games at least. Maybe rest for the Arsenal game. He's reliable. He's lost all his pace but he can deliver from wide and keep some discipline. Good attitude as well. Play him.

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2020, 04:30:14 PM »
Get in there lads. It's still on!

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2020, 04:30:34 PM »
That’s all we ask for.... Effort reaps reward.
Every man gave his all today, and we won as a team. Trez, whilst not flavour of the month on this forum generally, can never be accused of lack of effort. Never stops running and today was rewarded with a brace (which could have been a hat trick).
Still not convinced Smith has turned the corner... our biggest outlet, especially early on, was from Elmo at RB, a change enforced by injury. You’d have to question whether we’d have got that performance with Konsa there?
Still a long way to go, but 3 points and the required performance were there today. 1 down, 3 to go!
COME ON VILLA!!

Yep very happy with both the forced changes, have thought Elmo underused as an experienced and fairly reliable older head. Well, never say never.

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2020, 04:30:45 PM »
Well done Villa and well done Trez best game for a long time, got a chance against Everton, they were very poor today against Wolves. There's still a glimmer of hope.

UP THE VILLA

Offline supertom

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2020, 04:31:51 PM »
Benteke sent off at the final whistle. For mouthing off to the ref I think.
I found watching Benteke a bit depressing. I mean to hell with him because he left, but at the same time he was such a beast for us. He looks ready for the scrap heap now, and he's only just 30. Real shame. I know a few of us might have entertained the thought of him returning in January, but it would have been a waste of time and money. He's fucked.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2020, 04:33:32 PM »
Yep. Starting eleven needs to play on Thursday, with Targett.
Also shout out to Neil Taylor. Probably had one of his best stints at LB for us, so a shame to see him go off injured. Anyone know what was up with him - didn’t seem hampered in any way?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal