collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reserves and Academy 2020-21  (Read 99138 times)

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
Re: Reserves and Academy 2020-21
« Reply #390 on: March 24, 2021, 02:44:22 PM »
The Under 18s match against Wales is not till next Monday 29th, can't see why the Villa lads couldn't have played tonight, never mind.

Training camps and potential quarantine?

Ah yes probably

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #391 on: March 24, 2021, 09:02:29 PM »
won 3-0 in the youth cup tonight with goals from Kesler and A. Ramsey (x2) so they clearly haven't gone to England training yet.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #392 on: March 24, 2021, 09:16:26 PM »
A  really  good performance from the Villa Youth tonight They totally outclassed a side who had won their last six matches  and i think its fair to say it could have been five or six .We really do have some outstanding youth players and this team should not be afraid of anyone .I was impressed to see that Smith,Terry ,Shaky and Cutler were there watching  and also Purslow

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #393 on: March 24, 2021, 09:20:46 PM »
A  really  good performance from the Villa Youth tonight They totally outclassed a side who had won their last six matches  and i think its fair to say it could have been five or six .We really do have some outstanding youth players and this team should not be afraid of anyone .I was impressed to see that Smith,Terry ,Shaky and Cutler were there watching  and also Purslow

All good to hear

Offline caster troy

« Reply #394 on: March 24, 2021, 09:25:23 PM »

Agreed. Bags of potential in this team, excellent performance tonight.

It struck me that the players that stood out the most are in areas where we are a bit light in the first team. Bogarde looked a solid right footed CB, confident on the ball and able to bring it out from the back. Both full backs full of energy and a threat going forward. Creativity in midfield from Ramsey and Chukwuemeka. Barry with that 'x factor' on the wing or central.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #395 on: March 24, 2021, 09:25:42 PM »
The youth team looked impressive and completely dominated Brighton.Great central midfield performances from Aaron Ramsey,scored twice,Chukuweumeka and Raikhy  ,the latter  won tackle after tackle and used the ball well,especially his free kick for Kesler to open the scoring.
The defence,apart from a couple of lapses of concentration trying to play out from the back,never gave Brighton a sniff.Two good full backs in Kesler and Chisene and good performances from Bogarde ,who looks composed on the ball,and Seb Revan who is very pacy.8

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #396 on: March 24, 2021, 09:30:16 PM »

It struck me that the players that stood out the most are in areas where we are a bit light in the first team. Bogarde looked a solid right footed CB, confident on the ball and able to bring it out from the back. Both full backs full of energy and a threat going forward. Creativity in midfield from Ramsey and Chukwuemeka. Barry with that 'x factor' on the wing or central.

We've got to be careful not to block their pathway into the first team if we think they have the potential and ability but not quite where we need to be in their development. We might have to loan some players in for a season if we think they need another year. Or if we integrate them into the squad, we can't just have them sitting on the bench when they could be getting experience somewhere.

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #397 on: March 24, 2021, 10:05:07 PM »
How did Oliwier Zych play, the Polish kid in goal?

Offline FailsworthVillan

« Reply #398 on: March 24, 2021, 10:10:19 PM »
He had very little to do. Don’t recall him having to make a save.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #399 on: March 24, 2021, 10:26:54 PM »

We've got to be careful not to block their pathway into the first team if we think they have the potential and ability but not quite where we need to be in their development. We might have to loan some players in for a season if we think they need another year. Or if we integrate them into the squad, we can't just have them sitting on the bench when they could be getting experience somewhere.

Very good point. I think I'd rather see Barry and A Ramsey get a go as backups next season than Trezeguet and Barkley for example. The third goal tonight was a great run by Barry, picked the right option with a well weighted pass to Ramsey, who found the bottom corner with a composed finish. It's hard to think in the same situation Trezeguet wouldn't have overhit the pass, or blazed it over himself. Or even if he had found Barkley, he wouldn't have mis controlled it or shot tamely wide.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #400 on: March 24, 2021, 11:53:39 PM »
What's Brighton's pedigree like at this level - any young Barrys or Standings?

Offline FailsworthVillan

« Reply #401 on: March 25, 2021, 08:22:42 AM »
Very good according to the commentator. He said Brighton came into the game following a 6 match winning run and had been scoring goals for fun. On last nights evidence however, they seemed very mediocre. Only their keeper had a decent game. For the last 10 minutes the outfield players did nothing but hack our players down.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #402 on: March 25, 2021, 08:32:35 AM »
That was a joy to watch. The future looks bright and I trust this team to manage their development.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #403 on: March 25, 2021, 12:34:38 PM »
We should be pushing a few of these into the matchday squad now we have nothing to play for.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #404 on: March 25, 2021, 12:43:59 PM »
With the amount of goals Aaron Ramsey's been scoring, I just wonder whether he's already outgrowing youth football...seen that happen before. It wouldn't surprise me if he's knocking at the door very loudly right now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal