collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Wolves Post Match Thread.  (Read 19457 times)

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
Re: Aston Villa v Wolves Post Match Thread.
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2020, 02:44:43 PM »
Wolves goals for/against record is 45-34
Ours is 36-60.
We have the worst defence in the Pre9m. Clubs above us with fewer goals:
Sheff Utd - 30
Palace - 28
Burnley - 35
Newcastle - 29
Brighton - 34
Watford - 28
West Ham - 35
And even Bournemouth with 29.

Waiting to hear Smith's spin on this exhibition of abject mediocrity.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2020, 02:44:50 PM »
Outclassed by a side who didn’t have to be above average to beat us.  Never really looked like creating anything in the second half and it just looked so comfortable for them. 

I really like Dean Smith and want him to be a success, but he just isn’t getting anything out the players (many of who just aren’t good enough in fairness) and sadly I think it is time for a change if we are to have any chance of staying up. 

Offline wolfman999

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2020, 02:45:01 PM »
We are paying the price for years of poor/shocking managers and piss poor ownership. I really worry that our present owners will see us as a lost cause and take their money elsewhere. As ambitious people, they didn’t shell out to buy a mediocre championship side with a big ground and support. There are some big decisions to be made in the summer regarding the direction of this club, staring with the management and coaching staff.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2020, 02:45:09 PM »
I’m just mentally resigned to it all. I hate thats where I have arrived at. I was numb watching the game because I knew just what it would be like. It’s all a bit empty now.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2020, 02:45:12 PM »
Absolutely predictable again - the players are abject and I wouldn't lose any sleep if they all left (Grealish is clearly off and just not interested anymore) but the management is truly as bad as anything we have seen in the last decade.

And for those wanting to give him next season to see if he can get us promoted again - please - we need fresh ideas, a new philosophy, someone who has the charisma to build from the bottom up. We are rotten and sadly, back to square one yet again.   

Smith won't be here next season.

I'll be severely pissed off if he's here for the next game.  Just how more terrible does he have to get before our owners start to give a shit?

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2020, 02:45:22 PM »
I liked DS for what he did at Brentford, but I think if he cares so much about avfc, he should walk at end of season and become a fan again, not a manager.
It seems to happen to lots of mgrs and players with reputations, the minute they walk through the doors , they lose all confidence, I just don’t know what it is about our great club

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2020, 02:45:26 PM »
Smith was remonstrating with the 4th official as they walked off the pitch together -- god knows about what, he needs to have a fucking go at himself and some of the charlatans wearing claret and blue out there.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2020, 02:45:42 PM »

We're down. The sheer lack of quality or apparent desire is there for all to see. When our captain, and fellow supporter can't even be arsed to break sweat you know something isn't right behind the scenes,

EXTREMELY annoyed with them, players and staff. That's not to say a few players didn't play well, i though Luiz was our MOTM once again but it's not enough. Not enough by a long shot.

Flat as fuck.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2020, 02:46:12 PM »
We had a chance to address our misgivings during the break, if anything it looks like every fucker was "furlonged" and just picked up from that Leicester game on the day of the Sheff Utd game.

If anything is damning of the management then I'm afraid it's this.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2020, 02:46:22 PM »
The technical ability of every player besides Grealish and Luiz was abysmal today. Heavy touches galore and poorly weighted and directed passes.

When that is added to zero pace, zero urgency, zero movement and zero creativity it is always going to be a losing formula.

I don't think Smith is the man for the job anymore, but which manager could seriously get better out of a group of very poor players at this level?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2020, 02:46:35 PM »
Pure McLeish territory. Dismal.

It’s worse than that. Mcleish kept us up and clearly had a game plan, even if it was pretty dull.

richtheholtender

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2020, 02:46:50 PM »
This is the problem when you pick the system around the players rather than the players for a system.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2020, 02:47:38 PM »
Wolves and Villa as clubs over the past few years are mirror images of each other. They are quality top to bottom we are dross.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2020, 02:48:32 PM »
On the plus side we are not getting thrashed like some are predicting before games but we're creating absolutley nothing and that is what's going to cost us.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2020, 02:48:37 PM »
I was glad to see changes as thing needed to change and you can blame players for not turning up when picked but the reality is 4 games in after a 3 month break DS is changing team and formation with every game , we have zero rytham as and we still look like a team who have just got together.

I watched the Brentford game last night and all match the commentators mentioned how the difference in Brentford now is than under Smith is they can defend.In trying to make us better at back Smith has nullified any attacking threat from us.What's worse is if we had played like this in some games earlier in season and picked up draws we would be in a better position , now he has got us losing narrowly or drawing when we need wins.

Lack of fans is a killer though , it allows the better teams to play in empty stadiums and their extra quality shines through..other than Brighton beating Arsenal games have gone the way you would expect.

I'd sack Smith IF someone else is lined up to do a rescue job , we need a new voice now on the sidelines more so as we don't have the fans to inspire the players.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal