collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Players Released.  (Read 5399 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Players Released.
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2020, 10:57:33 AM »
Sad about O'Hare and the Russian. Held out hopes for them to come good with us.
Also, I wonder if Chester could still be doing a job for us now.

We will obviously never know how much, if any, difference it would have made but they really should have been out on loan much earlier. Wasted too many years in the Under 23s/on the fringes of the first team squad.

It may be that the player himself doesn't want to come back and play reserve football and wait for a chance, when he will have interest given his performances and the fact he's on a free.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2020, 11:00:18 AM »
Have we been paying McCormack for this season?

There was a settlement after we got promoted so he probably got a fair chunk of the last year of his contract, which no doubt included a promotion bonus.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2020, 11:01:55 AM »
We've new people in charge of the academy now haven't we? I'd suspect they're of the opinion we need newer, fresher blood and the signing of someone like Barry suggests we're heading the right way.

I'm surprised about O'Hare from what I've read about him, but not so much the rest.

Good luck to them though, especially Chester who was a good leader for us. I guess he really must be shot. Perhaps he'll become part of the coaching team.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2020, 11:34:51 AM »

We will obviously never know how much, if any, difference it would have made but they really should have been out on loan much earlier. Wasted too many years in the Under 23s/on the fringes of the first team squad.

It may be that the player himself doesn't want to come back and play reserve football and wait for a chance, when he will have interest given his performances and the fact he's on a free.

Oh, I would agree that it’s much better for him to go somewhere and play regularly. Would assume that he thinks that.

I was just saying that, in my opinion, it would have been better for his development to have been out on loan at 18/19 as opposed to 21/22.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2020, 11:57:19 AM »

Oh, I would agree that it’s much better for him to go somewhere and play regularly. Would assume that he thinks that.

I was just saying that, in my opinion, it would have been better for his development to have been out on loan at 18/19 as opposed to 21/22.

Yes sorry Luke, I agree and was replying with half an eye on other posts.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2020, 12:01:26 PM »
I don't think we're going to miss any of them.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2020, 12:18:11 PM »
And I'll add O'Hare going is terrible.
I think if we stop up fair enough to streamline but i feel this news isn't accurate no?
And that contracts need extended for at least a period till season ends and this list is out of date to circumstances

I'm actually not having that these players have all been released till villa know which division they are playing in

It's rubbish why release now?
I don't think it's all true personally
As have to wait to see where Villa are .
I can definitely see that some may have been released or will be buy this 16 players announcement is some sort of fake news !

I've some bad news for you...

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2020, 12:22:03 PM »
And actually this is all misleading as all the players that are out of contract can actually resign with Villa.

It's just the technical terms of players being 'free' and out of contract.

I suspect some will be staying on actually and especially more so if Villa get relegated .

I have worked out exactly the situation and scenario so I myself can feel a bit less annoyed at Villa attempting to release excellent young talent willy nilly.

We'll find that this release of players isn't as straightforward as all being shown the door and it's just an example of news sources putting out scaremongering and agenda tactics to keep us talking and reading

I think we'll truly see those who are released and those who are staying once Aston Villa football club season's end and once Aston Villa decide.

Up the villa.
I think it means they will not be offered a new contract when their current one expires shortly.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2020, 12:30:50 PM »
I read about O'Hare and J D-H a couple of days' ago.
It isn't a great shock really: COH didn't want to stay, RH-M has been hardly sparkling on loan, JD-H was unable to win promotion with Cheltenham Town, Baston was always a short-term signing and Chester had already been discarded to Stoke (despite us having a porous first-team defence). I think - of all of them - Green is most surprising; Smith obviously does not seen him as a work-in-progress for Villa.
And, as someone else says: Ramsey x 2, Archer, Vassilev, Bridge, Barry ... and others: they the ones the club appears to be investing in.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2020, 12:54:37 PM »
The club know that they've been keeping young players around for longer than we should be doing. This looks like a clearing of the ways ready for the younger batch to come through and be given the honing that we're going to be looking be doing going forward.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2020, 01:30:57 PM »
Vassilev is Smith's preferred choice of the crop.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2020, 01:32:13 PM »
Released lists had to be submitted to leagues on or before 23rd June.

We can approach any of those players to sign a contract if we wish but so can any other clubs

Would imagine the majority have known for weeks / months that they weren’t getting a new deal ie RHM spending end of season as part of Derby u23s squad as a trial would guess.  O’Hare / Green / Chester & Sarkic will find new clubs no doubt

Baston leaving will hopefully open a bench a lot for one of the younger players

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2020, 01:33:40 PM »
And actually this is all misleading as all the players that are out of contract can actually resign with Villa.

It's just the technical terms of players being 'free' and out of contract.

I suspect some will be staying on actually and especially more so if Villa get relegated .

I have worked out exactly the situation and scenario so I myself can feel a bit less annoyed at Villa attempting to release excellent young talent willy nilly.

We'll find that this release of players isn't as straightforward as all being shown the door and it's just an example of news sources putting out scaremongering and agenda tactics to keep us talking and reading

I think we'll truly see those who are released and those who are staying once Aston Villa football club season's end and once Aston Villa decide.

Up the villa.

They're all going.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2020, 02:14:15 PM »
RHM is the big disappointment for me.  He looked the real deal a while back.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2020, 02:21:25 PM »
RHM is the big disappointment for me.  He looked the real deal a while back.

Him and Chester. We might need him next season if we get relegated, which is very likely.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal