collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 03:25:31 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:29:50 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 12:25:41 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 12:22:43 AM]

Jhon Durán - signed by eamonn
[Today at 12:10:39 AM]

Cheeee-co-o-o-o-o-o by Steve kirk
[May 22, 2024, 10:35:14 PM]

Kits 24/25 by VillaTim
[May 22, 2024, 10:23:10 PM]

Season Tickets by London Villan
[May 22, 2024, 10:09:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 886390 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #8985 on: October 06, 2020, 12:08:35 PM »
Offer Bournemouth a loan for King till Jan.

He's out of contract next summer. Why would Bournemouth loan him out?

well they want to come back up i'm guessing. they've pocketed 80+m so far so don't need the money.  He's not gonna sign again if the chance of a premiership club is there next summer. This way they have the option to bring him back in Jan if they need him, or sell him in Jan. He may even sign a new contact if they're odds on for promotion.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #8986 on: October 06, 2020, 12:09:55 PM »

Wage bill?

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #8987 on: October 06, 2020, 12:17:27 PM »
King, Benrahma, these are excellent options but I agree with sickbeggar, anyone who wouldn't be coming to improve the first team now would be pretty pointless.
Improving our backup options in the likely event we pick up key injuries wouldn’t be pretty pointless.
I'd like us to bring these pair in. Would certainly be an upgrade on AEG and Davis.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #8988 on: October 06, 2020, 12:18:47 PM »

well they want to come back up i'm guessing. they've pocketed 80+m so far so don't need the money. 

So...they play him then?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #8989 on: October 06, 2020, 12:26:02 PM »
I logged in and couldn't understand why people were still speculating on transfers. I forgot there was still time for domestic transfers.

Offline supertom

« Reply #8990 on: October 06, 2020, 12:32:13 PM »
At this point, if we have to focus in on certain positions, I'd like LB and CH cover. I'd be satisfied to have AEG around on the basis that as a side who've improved in the final third, he'll have a little more natural freedom to express himself. He's a talented player. Plus to get in a Benarahma, we're gonna need to sell someone (likely AEG). Not sure domestically who would go for him. I do worry about the backups for CH and LB more than a lack of attacking mid options though.

If we're all done, I'm fairly satisfied. I know we say strength in depth, which would be ideal, but as we saw with Liverpool, even they can't hold like for like quality in their squad in places. Most clubs have to settle for a solid 18 and hope they don't get injured, and that's most certainly the case for anyone outside of last seasons top 6.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #8991 on: October 06, 2020, 12:41:28 PM »

well they want to come back up i'm guessing. they've pocketed 80+m so far so don't need the money. 

So...they play him then?

He doesn't want to be there. He's not gonna sign for a championship club with 12months left so unless a premiership club pay the fee they're asking which seems northwards of 20m both parties are stuck. This way they get a loan fee, him off the wages till jan, hopefully he does well for us, possible sale in Jan albeit for a cut price amount. Or  maybe some premiership club may be desperate...… Worse case scenario he goes back and see's out the last 6 months of his contract with possibly Bournemouth in contention to come back up. Obviously if a premiership club will pay what they're asking then all's well but if I was King i'd think twice about signing up to join the likes of WBA or Fulham unless its silly money they're offering.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #8992 on: October 06, 2020, 12:45:11 PM »
King, Benrahma, these are excellent options but I agree with sickbeggar, anyone who wouldn't be coming to improve the first team now would be pretty pointless.

Have to disagree slightly in regards to a forward Monty.  KD isn't going to get goals and Traore looks off the pace at the moment, so I think we definitely need a back up striker to Watkins. 

King fits the bill nicely for me, especially as he is pretty versatile and is reportedly available for around £10m.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #8993 on: October 06, 2020, 12:46:02 PM »
Danny Welbeck has been released by Watford.

If he wasn’t so injury prone he would be a half decent back up.

Too many injuries for my liking.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #8994 on: October 06, 2020, 12:47:52 PM »
I sense true team spirit at VP among the current crop.

Imagine being a key player like Pogba at Manure and finding out just how much more the ageing Cavani is being paid for a two year retirement jolly.

Desperate stuff.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #8995 on: October 06, 2020, 01:00:23 PM »

Have to disagree slightly in regards to a forward Monty.  KD isn't going to get goals and Traore looks off the pace at the moment, so I think we definitely need a back up striker to Watkins. 

King fits the bill nicely for me, especially as he is pretty versatile and is reportedly available for around £10m.

I don't see King as back-up though, more competition, as well as someone who could play with Watkins either in a two or (more likely) with Watkins wide.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #8996 on: October 06, 2020, 01:07:14 PM »
King is a good footballer, and would potentially be a rotated starter. Certainly takes the pressure off a little if Watkins were to get injured.

And while I agree re injuries, Shakespeare rated Wellbeck at Watford so I would not be shocked to see us take him on a 12 month deal as cheap capable backup.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #8997 on: October 06, 2020, 01:09:09 PM »
King is a good footballer, and would potentially be a rotated starter. Certainly takes the pressure off a little if Watkins were to get injured.

And while I agree re injuries, Shakespeare rated Wellbeck at Watford so I would not be shocked to see us take him on a 12 month deal as cheap capable backup.

Wellbeck always had a much better attitude than Sturridge but he has been knackered for 3 or 4 years. Pay as you play with small basic would be a decent shout

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8998 on: October 06, 2020, 01:11:27 PM »
Welbeck came back in for Watford towards the end of last season and did ok. He scored a lovely overhead kick in one game. Not sure if he has featured much this season though.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #8999 on: October 06, 2020, 01:14:12 PM »
I sense true team spirit at VP among the current crop.

Imagine being a key player like Pogba at Manure and finding out just how much more the ageing Cavani is being paid for a two year retirement jolly.

Desperate stuff.
Yes desperate and even more happier that Jack didn't end up there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal