collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Diego Carlos by olaftab
[Today at 03:49:33 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 03:37:40 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by chrisw1
[Today at 03:32:08 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:08:36 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:04:08 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 02:33:46 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by chrisw1
[Today at 02:25:44 PM]

Pre-season 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[Today at 01:40:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 876396 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #8715 on: October 03, 2020, 08:52:46 PM »
Cavani on his way to Man U, 2 year deal. Another one we've "missed" out on. :(

If Cavani goes to them it’s a hugely desperate move on their part to appease their fans with a name. They have literally failed to land any of the top signings they have been linked with. I’m scared to even imagine what Cavani will be asking for in wages and bonus. Unless you’re playing Football Manager from 2012 then it’s a great signing.

Precisely. Is OGS gonna drop one of 2 strikers who got 17 goals each last time for a 33 year old? Change the formation to accommodate him? Looks  like a signing from the Marketing Department to me.

That's my take on it as well. Supposedly on at least 200k a week and they don't have a great track record with South Americans so hopefully Sánchez Mk II

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #8716 on: October 03, 2020, 08:56:43 PM »
yeah, don't get me wrong, if we'd signed him i'd have been over the moon, but id say the strike force is one of the few places ManU look to have more than enough quality.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #8717 on: October 03, 2020, 09:16:44 PM »
Are they going to play him at centre half?

Offline Hairbandinho

« Reply #8718 on: October 03, 2020, 09:41:15 PM »
Some kosovan journalist has said Rashica isnt coming and will go to Leeds or Southampton

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #8719 on: October 03, 2020, 10:53:56 PM »
Some kosovan journalist has said Rashica isnt coming and will go to Leeds or Southampton

He's shit anyway then.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #8720 on: October 03, 2020, 11:17:16 PM »
I don’t think having come this far in our recruitment and having what has been a very encouraging start to the league campaign we are just about to mail in the rest of the transfer window. I’m convinced two players will still come in by the domestic deadline and another 2 or 3 out. We are close to having a very good first team squad.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #8721 on: October 03, 2020, 11:29:48 PM »
Still can't help feeling having Wilson in our squad would've completed a fantastic transfer window. People can go on about his age, injuries but he's hit the ground running up there and him in addition to Watkins and Traore coming in would've been excellent depth.

However our current CF back up last scored a league goal when dinosaurs roamed the earth so we're not quite there yet and not sure what's happened given we were bidding for Wilson and Watkins at same time so clearly another CF was a priority a few weeks back.

Still think we could loan one in on last day of the window as it will take one injury and we'll be at panic stations again.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #8722 on: October 03, 2020, 11:30:33 PM »
That Kosovan journalist has been full of shite since the whole thing began. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we will sign him still, but I don't believe anything from that account.

Think or most likely is a loan to buy for Benrahma or a cut price for King.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #8723 on: October 03, 2020, 11:32:33 PM »
A superb striker though, would think he'll improve them, even at his age.

Did they really need him? Got Martial, Rashford can play through middle although better cutting in from left and Greenwood has been described as generational talent and scored nearly 20 goals last season.

Cavani of course been excellent but feels a bit to me like when they signed Falcao.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #8724 on: October 03, 2020, 11:32:35 PM »
Still can't help feeling having Wilson in our squad would've completed a fantastic transfer window. People can go on about his age, injuries but he's hit the ground running up there and him in addition to Watkins and Traore coming in would've been excellent depth.

However our current CF back up last scored a league goal when dinosaurs roamed the earth so we're not quite there yet and not sure what's happened given we were bidding for Wilson and Watkins at same time so clearly another CF was a priority a few weeks back.

Still think we could loan one in on last day of the window as it will take one injury and we'll be at panic stations again.

Couldn't agree more. Wilson showing already how useful a guy who knows what to do in this league up top. It's why I think King might still happen. Good as Watkins looks, having an experienced alternative to relieve the pressure would be very very useful.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #8725 on: October 03, 2020, 11:38:26 PM »
Having another forward would just give us so many options in games. As it is, we're an injury to Watkins away from having nobody up front again.  If we have to rely on Davis we'll sink down the table like a stone, and I just don't think that Traore looks like a centre forward at all, despite the rumours that he can play there if needed.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #8726 on: October 03, 2020, 11:46:58 PM »
Anyone remember a few weeks ago when Grealish was gonna sign for Man U cos Villa wouldn't be able to turn them down?

Roflfuckingcopter.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #8727 on: October 04, 2020, 12:21:25 AM »
A superb striker though, would think he'll improve them, even at his age.

Did they really need him? Got Martial, Rashford can play through middle although better cutting in from left and Greenwood has been described as generational talent and scored nearly 20 goals last season.

Cavani of course been excellent but feels a bit to me like when they signed Falcao.

https://www.football365.com/news/man-utd-opinion-early-winner-edinson-cavani-agent

Sums up the mood on the Man U forums, they're not happy. :)

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8728 on: October 04, 2020, 12:26:29 AM »
I popped over to a Werder Bremen forum for a look see if they had insight on any Rashica developments. He doesn't seem imminently off anywhere judging by it, no mention of Leeds or Southampton whatsoever, and we got a mention about a week ago where they brought up a story apparently in the Birmingham Mail about how we'd have to double our wage offer. They seem to think he'd currently be on a fraction of what we've offered anyway.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8729 on: October 04, 2020, 12:36:05 AM »
Having another forward would just give us so many options in games. As it is, we're an injury to Watkins away from having nobody up front again.  If we have to rely on Davis we'll sink down the table like a stone, and I just don't think that Traore looks like a centre forward at all, despite the rumours that he can play there if needed.
Who was it that said you can never have enough forwards? Clough? Ferguson? Well whoever it was, I agree with them. Get King and Benrahma and Rashica now, and that should see us through til January.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal