collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 876440 times)

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #7740 on: September 23, 2020, 10:05:30 PM »
Wish I was as good as some of you at coming up with these puns on the hoof.

Offline Londonvilla

« Reply #7741 on: September 23, 2020, 10:08:53 PM »
According to Turkish outlet Skor. Galatasaray boss Faith Terim is keen on signing Villa winger Trezeguet before the transfer deadline in two weeks time

https://skor.sozcu.com.tr/2020/09/19/fatih-terimin-akli-trezeguetde-1529622/

https://www.footballfancast.com/aston-villa-transfer-rumours/villa-latest-news-trezeguet-future-exit-rumours-galatasaray-dean-smith-gossip

Is this new?
Not sue I would let him go this season unless we are going to bring in Sarr

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #7742 on: September 23, 2020, 10:12:55 PM »
Let’s all agree to put this behind us.
I’m sorry , I created a monster   :)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #7743 on: September 23, 2020, 10:31:02 PM »
Funnily enough just been looking at our DIY instant football squad signings from last summer (just add 100+m) and if you take out the likes of Mings/Konza/luiz who I presume everyone wants to keep, you're looking at the best part of 70m. Now call me perverse but after suffering the agony of watching a lot of them struggle to adapt over a premiership season or less and try and make the step-up, I'd like to see if they some of them have before binning them. The only one i'd been inclined to let go is Heaton, because he's 34, is a 1st choice quality 'keeper, cost 8m, and we have 3 other reserve standard keepers. I realise the summer outlay and the wage bill may not allow that luxury though....

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #7744 on: September 23, 2020, 10:34:54 PM »
Have to be impressed by the ambition Wolves are showing

Shopping in a more impressive shop than us.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #7745 on: September 23, 2020, 10:35:19 PM »
I’m sorry , I created a monster   :)

Is that you admitting it wouldn't have happened "without me"?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7746 on: September 23, 2020, 10:36:56 PM »
John Percy saying that we're looking at either Barkley or Loftus-Cheek on loan from Chelsea.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #7747 on: September 23, 2020, 10:39:15 PM »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/09/23/aston-villa-consider-loan-move-chelseas-ross-barkley/

Aston Villa consider loan move for Chelsea's Ross Barkley
Ruben Loftus-Cheek another loan option but due to Premier League rules Villa will only be able to take one Chelsea player on temporary basis

By John Percy
23 September 2020 • 10:30pm

Aston Villa's head coach Dean Smith is weighing up a bid to sign Chelsea's Ross Barkley on loan.

Smith has prioritised a new 'No 8' as one of his final recruits in this transfer window and is considering a move to sign Barkley, the England international.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is another loan option for Villa but due to Premier League rules Smith will only be able to take one Chelsea player on a temporary basis.

Barkley, 26, has appeared as a substitute for Chelsea in both games this season under Frank Lampard.

It is understood that Chelsea have demanded that any club pays Barkley his full £120,000-a-week salary if they take him on loan, and Villa are reluctant to agree a deal on those terms.

Loftus-Cheek, meanwhile, started in the 3-1 win over Brighton in their opening game but was left out of the squad for the Carabao Cup tie against Barnsley on Wednesday night.

Smith has made four major summer signings so far, with Ollie Watkins, Emiliano Martinez, Bertrand Traore and Matty Cash arriving.

After the 1-0 win over Sheffield United on Monday, Smith admitted that he is still hopeful of further additions.

He said: "I'm still discussing with [chief executive] Christian (Purslow) and [sporting director] Johan (Lange) about getting some more in but we'll have to see."

Villa are also keen to move on a number of fringe players to trim their squad, with Mbwana Samatta, Henri Lansbury, Frederic Guilbert, Bjorn Engels, Orjan Nyland and Lovre Kalinic likely to be made available.

Villa face Championship club Bristol City in the Carabao Cup on Thursday night, with Traore poised to make his debut.

Signed from Lyon for a fee worth up to £19 million, the former Chelsea winger missed the win over Sheffield United due to a delay over his work permit.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #7748 on: September 23, 2020, 10:40:04 PM »
John Percy saying that we're looking at either Barkley or Loftus-Cheek on loan from Chelsea.

Yes please to the latter.  Would be a shrewd piece of business. Loan to buy I hope.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #7749 on: September 23, 2020, 10:44:40 PM »
Barkley, no. Loftus-Cheek loan to buy, so long as they can't cancel the permanent deal, yes.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #7750 on: September 23, 2020, 10:45:34 PM »
Keep forgetting Barkley is still young. He's a good player on his day, but he should score far more than he does

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #7751 on: September 23, 2020, 10:45:54 PM »
Either of them would be fine by me, though Loftus-Cheek much more so.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #7752 on: September 23, 2020, 10:56:19 PM »
Having either of them would be brilliant business. We need it for sure, hope we get one of these done.

Offline Arsey

« Reply #7753 on: September 23, 2020, 10:58:06 PM »
Barkley’s on 120k a week!

Either would improve our midfield at the moment.

I’d be very concerned if we do not bring in another striker.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #7754 on: September 23, 2020, 11:08:36 PM »
Keep forgetting Barkley is still young. He's a good player on his day, but he should score far more than he does

I would say he is the exactly the kind of player we need if McGinn is going to play in a deeper role alongside Luiz.  Would be heavily dependent on his attitude and appetite for a move though - could have another Stephen Ireland written all over it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal