collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Goldie.7
[Today at 05:16:42 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:29:50 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 12:25:41 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 12:22:43 AM]

Jhon Durán - signed by eamonn
[Today at 12:10:39 AM]

Cheeee-co-o-o-o-o-o by Steve kirk
[May 22, 2024, 10:35:14 PM]

Kits 24/25 by VillaTim
[May 22, 2024, 10:23:10 PM]

Season Tickets by London Villan
[May 22, 2024, 10:09:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 886404 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #4470 on: September 04, 2020, 08:50:59 AM »
well its not really the age that the problem. I'd pay 8m for an experienced keeper in his 30's. A guy who's sat on his arse for 7 years, less so.... I caught  a bit of that goldridge prat on youtube a while back and was laughing at the 150m he believed was coming in from the sale of jones. smalling, Romero lingard etc.. I'm beginning to think he's right.....

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4471 on: September 04, 2020, 08:56:40 AM »
8m for ManU's 3rd choice keeper is mental. Why the hell are we buying their deadwood? So they can afford Grealish?

Good job the internet wasn't around in 1989 when we bought a washed up Irish bloke with a bit of a reputation for liking a drink from them isn't it? Oh and he had dodgy knees  :)

£450,000 for a pisshead who crashes cars when drunk.  Why are we buying their deadwood.  He’s so bad he can’t even get in Ferguson’s (on the dole) mid table dross side.

If you went out and bought 1000 players who were known pissheads with fucked knees who didn't train, how many of them would turn out like he did?

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #4472 on: September 04, 2020, 08:58:43 AM »
How much did we pay for shay given?

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #4473 on: September 04, 2020, 09:23:58 AM »
8m for ManU's 3rd choice keeper is mental. Why the hell are we buying their deadwood? So they can afford Grealish?

Good job the internet wasn't around in 1989 when we bought a washed up Irish bloke with a bit of a reputation for liking a drink from them isn't it? Oh and he had dodgy knees  :)

£450,000 for a pisshead who crashes cars when drunk.  Why are we buying their deadwood.  He’s so bad he can’t even get in Ferguson’s (on the dole) mid table dross side.

If you went out and bought 1000 players who were known pissheads with fucked knees who didn't train, how many of them would turn out like he did?

Indeed.

He was also widely regarded as one of the best centre halves around even prior to his move to us. 

I'm not entirely against the signing of Romero, but he's not exactly in that league.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #4474 on: September 04, 2020, 09:28:06 AM »
this is Aston Villa -  a 4 year deal takes him to 37-38 years of age - another we will never get rid of until his contract finishes

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4475 on: September 04, 2020, 09:30:38 AM »
So?

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #4476 on: September 04, 2020, 09:31:13 AM »
Cant say I'm too enthused about buying a new reserve GK, I'd prefer to buy someone who is capable of pushing Heaton down the pecking order.

richtheholtender

« Reply #4477 on: September 04, 2020, 09:33:31 AM »
We do like our United keepers, Sealey,Bosnich,Schmeichel and Heaton (May be some I have forgotten).

Rimmer!

Not quite Rimmer but Johnstone

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #4478 on: September 04, 2020, 09:33:46 AM »
Some commenters on here could give Dignitas a run for their money. Come on cheer up, we follow the greatest team in the world.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #4479 on: September 04, 2020, 09:34:59 AM »
i thought that the policy of the club was to buy younger players who potentially had a sell on value - maybe the policy has changed??

According to Sky last night no bid has been made for Romero

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4480 on: September 04, 2020, 09:35:10 AM »
£8m these days is fuck all. They've clearly identified that they need an experienced and capable keeper, there aren't that many available unless you want to spend a lot more, and the development of Dean Henderson has left Yanited with 3 quality keepers.

It all makes sense to me, I can't see what all the griping is about.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #4481 on: September 04, 2020, 09:44:47 AM »
Then again, if you want to believe everything you read, then that's up to you.

... but we then get to point and laugh. I don't want people to stop posting when they are wetting their pants, worrying themselves sick or getting frantic abput the latest 'links'. I'm all 'For' them advertising it so I can judge whether to read anything they write :)
What an idiotic comment.  Were you happy when we signed Baston and Drinkwater when we were desperate for quality up front?  Were you happy we started the season with an unttested 22 year old Brazilian as our only realistic forward option?  What about when we started the season with no defenders and Bruce had to ruin James Chesters career?  Were you laughing at the 'pant wetters then'?  Must have been fucking hilarious for you as you sat there smuggly thinking how stupid they looked?

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #4482 on: September 04, 2020, 09:45:59 AM »
£8m these days is fuck all. They've clearly identified that they need an experienced and capable keeper, there aren't that many available unless you want to spend a lot more, and the development of Dean Henderson has left Yanited with 3 quality keepers.

It all makes sense to me, I can't see what all the griping is about.

He's not experienced though is he? He's spent 7 years doing sod all, and apparently we're buying him for 8m on the back of him doing ok against the dross Man U played in the Europa league and League Cup

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4483 on: September 04, 2020, 09:49:00 AM »
Then again, if you want to believe everything you read, then that's up to you.

... but we then get to point and laugh. I don't want people to stop posting when they are wetting their pants, worrying themselves sick or getting frantic abput the latest 'links'. I'm all 'For' them advertising it so I can judge whether to read anything they write :)
What an idiotic comment.  Were you happy when we signed Baston and Drinkwater when we were desperate for quality up front?  Were you happy we started the season with an unttested 22 year old Brazilian as our only realistic forward option?  What about when we started the season with no defenders and Bruce had to ruin James Chesters career?  Were you laughing at the 'pant wetters then'?  Must have been fucking hilarious for you as you sat there smuggly thinking how stupid they looked?

You're talking about actual things though, he's talking about getting worked up about baseless speculation. I'm guessing you'll be going on the list.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4484 on: September 04, 2020, 10:05:28 AM »
I reckon about 90% of media speculation is just that. Speculation. Journo's picking up on snippets of info in the hope that they occasionally come good and they can claim a "scoop" Bit like a blind squirrel will eventually find a hazelnut after he's picked up dozens of turds. As for Romero I think he could be an excellent signing. His money is no concern to me we have highly paid people to decide on those things. Occasionally clubs take a punt on something and hope it works out. We did it with Reina last season and he played a big part in us picking up enough points to survive when all looked lost.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal