collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 876138 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation and the usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #1305 on: August 03, 2020, 10:06:13 AM »
Minutes per goal: 179. My maths might not be great but pretty sure that's better than "one in five".

That would make him 1 in 2. I'm really unsure about him, although that stat surprises me.

Can't see Liverpool selling unless ACON is cancelled as both Mane and Salah will be off.

That's only based on a small sample, ie last seaaon. Also doesn't take into account FA Cup in which he failed to score in 250 minutes.

Premier League only stats from previous seasons:

2018/19: 124 minutes per goal
2017/18: only played ten minutes, no goals
2016/17: 209 minutes per goal

Bundesliga:

2017/18 (on loan at Wolfsburg): 328 minutes per goal.

Either way, better than one in five. Although maybe his figures are boosted by often coming on against tired legs. Plus he plays for a good side, who are likely to create loads of chances.

Still, might be worth a look at based on stats. I don't watch enough non-Villa matches to have any real opinion of him.

His stats in france before he joined Liverpool work out, on minutes per goal, at a little under 1 in 3 so I suspect all combined that's about what you could expect, I think he'd definitely be in the 10-15 for the season range.

He'd be a decent signing and I'd certainly rate him higher than all the other names given on here (Wilson, King, Deeney, inheanacho).

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1306 on: August 03, 2020, 10:23:59 AM »
you missed Abraham. Tammy's twice the player than all of them.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1307 on: August 03, 2020, 10:40:10 AM »
Of course, we should go all out to get Tammy, but I do think we need two strikers coming in - I'd like a nippy, mobile striker to mix things up - Callum Wilson would be my choice.  We can't go into the season relying on one man up front.

I'd also look to move Samatta on too, I just can't see a player there at all.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1308 on: August 03, 2020, 10:45:51 AM »
Tammy is an odd one, think he’s done a decent job at Chelsea this season without really pressing the accelerator and looking like the long term 9 that they (like all of us!!) want.

Given that in our team he would have less chances to score does everyone feel his all round game hold up / link play / defensive at set pieces etc justifies they outlay ie 45m + circa 100k a week??

I’m not 100% convinced however if we did sign him it would obviously be a huge upgrade on anything we had after New Year’s Day

Personally would like to see us sign a first choice striker be it Tammy, King or ANOther & possibly a Brewster on loan from Liverpool then use the season to loan out our own youngsters like Keinan on a season long & Archer/Vassilev for 1/2 season

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1309 on: August 03, 2020, 11:01:17 AM »
Basically unless you're Man City, the transfer market is an absolute roulette table.

Leicester seem to have done alright.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1310 on: August 03, 2020, 11:02:53 AM »
I like Origi and think he could be a good player for someone, but personally I wouldn't go near a player like that in our position.

However much we paid him, it's a step down, and although he may be a fabulous pro and give everything to the cause, in our case it generally seems to go the other way, God aside.
Agree with this. I see  Origi as a Tricky player that comes on for a great team against tired legs type. Not convinced he is the real deal.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1311 on: August 03, 2020, 11:03:52 AM »
Basically unless you're Man City, the transfer market is an absolute roulette table.

You say that, but Slimani was a total flop, as were quite a few big money purchases after they won the league.

Vardy, Kante and Mahrez (I know they weren't signed together) was outstanding business.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1312 on: August 03, 2020, 11:03:54 AM »
you missed Abraham. Tammy's twice the player than all of them.

I don't see him as realistic right now and even if he was I'm not sure I'd agree with that. He's a better goalscorer than all of them, but I don't think a better player than anyone on that list. As always the decision to sign a striker like Abraham is around balancing the work he does in the opposition box against the fact that he doesn't do much outside it, for me he's pretty similar to Bent.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1313 on: August 03, 2020, 11:07:28 AM »

You say that, but Slimani was a total flop, as were quite a few big money purchases after they won the league.

Vardy, Kante and Mahrez (I know they weren't signed together) was outstanding business.

You could add Albrighton to those 3 from the title winning team too. I was thinking more of their current squad though. Nobody's recruitment will be perfect, even Man City but Leicester's recruitment process is something to try and emulate. I could live with the odd Slimani if it meant title wins, Champions League qualification and being in the mix all season for CL spots.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #1314 on: August 03, 2020, 11:17:06 AM »
Giroud has said he is likely to leave and feels he has top level football in him for a couple of seasons. A 1year deal offer with a 1 year option could be exactly what we need

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1315 on: August 03, 2020, 11:21:14 AM »
Yeah, Giroud and Abraham would do me.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #1316 on: August 03, 2020, 11:23:40 AM »
Go for Ings and Tammy. Easy...ish.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1317 on: August 03, 2020, 11:31:21 AM »
Giroud has said he is likely to leave and feels he has top level football in him for a couple of seasons. A 1year deal offer with a 1 year option could be exactly what we need
He didn't fancy us in Jan and I can't see that having changed.  Certainly not for a 1 year deal in our wage structure.

Offline garyellis

« Reply #1318 on: August 03, 2020, 11:37:14 AM »
As a second striker come wide player what about the lad from Huddersfield (Karlan Grant) - he has done well in a side that has struggled for the last two seasons. He is quick and a fair unit. Well within our catchment area.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #1319 on: August 03, 2020, 11:53:37 AM »
As a second striker come wide player what about the lad from Huddersfield (Karlan Grant) - he has done well in a side that has struggled for the last two seasons. He is quick and a fair unit. Well within our catchment area.
He could be the main striker.His goalscoring recordin recent years is outstanding and should get better as he's only 23 next month.WBA and us are rumoured to have bid £15m for him in Jan.So he's on our radar.Looks useful in you tube clips but they don't tell you about work rate,ability to hold the ball up ,passing and surprisingly for a big 'un there weren't many headed goals.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal