collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: First Game Back  (Read 5322 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: First Game Back
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 10:10:53 PM »
I've got a prediction.

We'll win, and some po-faced arse will post that maybe there's a lesson in this and we as fans place unreasonable expectations on them and cause them to be repeatedly shit and that this proves it.

I hope the first part is correct.

Offline mr-villa

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 10:18:15 PM »
Yes well its our game and Man City v Arsenal first up on the 17th, so I would assume we will be on at 5:30 with the other game on at 8pm.  All games are scheduled to be shown live on TV somewhere.  The weekend schedule will be a game on Fri, 4 Sat, 4 Sun and 1 Mon with all games Sat and Sun kicking off at different times.  I don't know how they are going to handle the final game of the season as these normally kick off at the same time.  Hopefully Lplop will wrap up the title in the first 2 games back and the attention will then turn to the battle for survival.  For us it means playing 10 games in 39 days.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2020, 10:33:39 PM »
Looks like that's it then, obviously now official, the season restarts in a few weeks and the Villa game is first out the blocks. This is going to be the new normal.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 12:07:01 AM »
Yes well its our game and Man City v Arsenal first up on the 17th, so I would assume we will be on at 5:30 with the other game on at 8pm.  All games are scheduled to be shown live on TV somewhere.  The weekend schedule will be a game on Fri, 4 Sat, 4 Sun and 1 Mon with all games Sat and Sun kicking off at different times.  I don't know how they are going to handle the final game of the season as these normally kick off at the same time.  Hopefully Lplop will wrap up the title in the first 2 games back and the attention will then turn to the battle for survival.  For us it means playing 10 games in 39 days.

Early game on a midweek is 6pm. I assume it will be on pick given Sky will have Man. City-Arsenal to hype up for hours on end.

It makes sense to play the spare games and get every team level in terms of games played at least.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2020, 12:31:24 AM »
I've got a prediction.

We'll win, and some po-faced arse will post that maybe there's a lesson in this and we as fans place unreasonable expectations on them and cause them to be repeatedly shit and that this proves it.

I hope the first part is correct.

Agreed. Everything else will be superfluous. Like Krusty’s third nipple. In fact they can shut the league down right after and relegate the bottom three for all I care.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2020, 12:51:24 PM »
I have a question concerning season ticket holders, as I heard that Villa have refunded the remaining games (not one myself any longer sadly)....

What if fans don't have sky/bt sport subscriptions? Will they be expected to fork out for subs to watch our matches? Surely they should be given FREE access to watch the home matches at the very least, being ever-presents at the club?

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2020, 01:18:40 PM »
Why if they’ve already refunded the tickets?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2020, 01:30:01 PM »
I don't think the refund has come through yet.  But yes, we've already received our bulk discount on games attended, the free game etc and will be getting our money back or credit for the remaining.  I don't see why the club or Sky should feel the need to fund us beyond that.

If you can't afford Sky (I doubt I'll be restarting my subscription) just search for Flash Streams or Footy Streamz on twitter.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2020, 02:55:50 PM »
Just watch it in the pub.

Doh!

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2020, 03:44:21 PM »
My first game back will be when the grounds are open again.
I haven't watched a live epl fixture on tv since 2016 (including Villa) and I don't intend to start now.
I just don't like the epl boxed version of football with its shite commentators, washed up pundits and its general all round biase towards london and north western teams (and its pointless playing it on silent).
I either attend games (which I've done from the age of 7) or rely on Villa mad family/ friends who are there to keep me updated.
If what is proposed floats your boat, enjoy it, but it's not for me.
That said I obviously wish the Villa the very best in the coming weeks. Come on lads let's get the points we need! UTV!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2020, 04:42:22 PM »
Looks like that's it then, obviously now official, the season restarts in a few weeks and the Villa game is first out the blocks. This is going to be the new normal.

Lockdown was the new normal. Post lockdown will be the new new normal.  ;)

Offline Damo70

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2020, 04:46:16 PM »
Just watch it in the pub.

Doh!

People can be forgiven for forgetting those things we used to call pubs. You can guarantee if you walk into your local there will be at least one person sitting in the same seat he was sitting in the last time you saw him before lockdown. Giving the impression he might actually have been sat there for the last couple of months.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2020, 04:17:27 AM »
Pubs have reopened here in NZ. Just a pain the games will be early morning or middle of the night over here.

Offline tim

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2020, 01:05:40 PM »
Has there been any info about how they're going to schedule the remaining games? Presumably there will need be around 2 games a week if they intend to leave a clear gap between the end of this, and the start of the next season..?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2020, 01:35:50 PM »
Has there been any info about how they're going to schedule the remaining games? Presumably there will need be around 2 games a week if they intend to leave a clear gap between the end of this, and the start of the next season..?

Three midweek rounds apparently. They want to end the season on weekend of July 23rd.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal