collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 08:19:53 AM]

Robin Olsen by Ian.
[Today at 08:10:49 AM]

Champions League Contention by Ian.
[Today at 08:09:48 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by ez
[Today at 07:57:07 AM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Ian.
[Today at 07:57:04 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by algy
[Today at 07:50:33 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by PaulWinch again
[Today at 04:56:02 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 08:19:53 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Ian.
[Today at 08:10:49 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Ian.
[Today at 08:09:48 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by ez
[Today at 07:57:07 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Ian.
[Today at 07:57:04 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 07:50:51 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by algy
[Today at 07:50:33 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by RamboandBruno
[Today at 07:41:25 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press-ing back a few years  (Read 2022 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Press-ing back a few years
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 10:47:33 PM »
Rarely have so many people paid so little attention to what was happening in front of their eyes.

Aston Villa 1 Liverpool 0 22.5.11

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 01:32:12 PM »
Rarely have so many people paid so little attention to what was happening in front of their eyes.

What exactly was happening on the pitch in that clip?

Offline martin@ardenley

• Administrator
  • GM : 01.01.2024
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 02:15:53 PM »
Don't know about on the pitch, but Bloose were relegated.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 02:28:16 PM »
I think you need to find a similar clip of when we scored the goal. I'm pretty sure it was mid-chant, and we largely barely broke stride in its acknowledgement.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 04:04:13 PM »
The last part of the game there seemed more interest in the other game rather than ours, but plenty of celebration when we scored.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1940972512613475

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2020, 06:38:42 PM »
Championeees.

http://thebirminghampress.com/2020/05/aston-villa-and-mayday-plus-one-or-three/

We had seats in the stand near the Directors bit - don't ask me how or why - and so were weirdly disconnected from the events down below, especially as we were so abject. The elation at the end was there though, and the frustration that the pitch invasion stopped the players coming out as we'd hoped.

As for the second game, I was not long back from living in ignorance in the States and the change in the team was shocking. I stood on the North Bank and was the object of kindly pity from the Arsenal fans as we just gave up. Argh.

Offline Legion

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2020, 09:10:13 PM »

What exactly was happening on the pitch in that clip?

It was the game in general I was referring to. It was the only clip I could find in my archives. I have more in-match footage somewhere but cannot find it. The vast majority of people around me were paying little or no attention to what was going on in front of them.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 09:33:31 PM »
Championeees.

We had seats in the stand near the Directors bit - don't ask me how or why - and so were weirdly disconnected from the events down below, especially as we were so abject. The elation at the end was there though, and the frustration that the pitch invasion stopped the players coming out as we'd hoped.

As for the second game, I was not long back from living in ignorance in the States and the change in the team was shocking. I stood on the North Bank and was the object of kindly pity from the Arsenal fans as we just gave up. Argh.

I was at both games and 1981 really put us through the mill - little money as I was at school, struggling to get to London as trains and National Express were sold out, moody atmosphere as Arsenal really, really didn’t want us on the pitch, trouble on the way to the tube after the game, a stabbing on the tube to Victoria, no money for food or booze, struggling to get a coach back to Brum, finally landing in town at 10pm. Working mates bought me a pint in the Pen &Wig before closing time then bus home. It was amazing but for me there was also a feeling of exhaustion and the elation I would have expected didn’t come until later.. We were so knackered we didn’t make it to the town hall the next day.

1987 was just waiting for the inevitable. We were poor, though not 2016 poor, and the contrast on every level to 6 years before was massive. It was a bank holiday weekend so I was back home for the Sheffield Wednesday game on the Monday and got absolutely hammered in the Crown and Cushion before kick off. The last game at a Man U was actually a great day out. And a party atmosphere.

Liverpool in May 2011 was strange. We were focused on the game but I reckon a large number were just focused on the Blues result.

Offline Legion

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 09:54:51 PM »
The last part of the game there seemed more interest in the other game rather than ours, but plenty of celebration when we scored.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1940972512613475

Canned or genuine noise?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2020, 10:00:35 PM »
Stuart Downing I believe.  He mugged them into signing him two months afterwards?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2020, 11:08:02 PM »
Championeees.

I was at both games and 1981 really put us through the mill - little money as I was at school, struggling to get to London as trains and National Express were sold out, moody atmosphere as Arsenal really, really didn’t want us on the pitch, trouble on the way to the tube after the game, a stabbing on the tube to Victoria, no money for food or booze, struggling to get a coach back to Brum, finally landing in town at 10pm. Working mates bought me a pint in the Pen &Wig before closing time then bus home. It was amazing but for me there was also a feeling of exhaustion and the elation I would have expected didn’t come until later.. We were so knackered we didn’t make it to the town hall the next day.

1987 was just waiting for the inevitable. We were poor, though not 2016 poor, and the contrast on every level to 6 years before was massive. It was a bank holiday weekend so I was back home for the Sheffield Wednesday game on the Monday and got absolutely hammered in the Crown and Cushion before kick off. The last game at a Man U was actually a great day out. And a party atmosphere.

Liverpool in May 2011 was strange. We were focused on the game but I reckon a large number were just focused on the Blues result.

I was at the town hall celebrating as a ten year old in 1981. It was raining but not too heavily. Or maybe it was raining heavily and I just didn't care. God knows how many rounds of "Won the league" were sang that day.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2020, 09:03:59 PM »
Anyone seen Daz?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2020, 03:37:22 PM »
Anyone seen Daz?

I'm still here Dave just been sleeping a lot great read.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal