collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Londonvilla
[Today at 12:21:04 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by VillaTim
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:58 PM]

Cubs/Clarets membership by Pat McMahon
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:28 PM]

Ross Barkley: Coming back? by eamonn
[June 03, 2024, 11:54:46 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[June 03, 2024, 11:33:53 PM]

Kits 24/25 by j66acd
[June 03, 2024, 10:41:45 PM]

Season Tickets by Aldridge Villa
[June 03, 2024, 10:31:44 PM]

Past Managers, Love or Hate? by Monty
[June 03, 2024, 09:27:43 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Londonvilla
[Today at 12:21:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by VillaTim
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:58 PM]

Re: Cubs/Clarets membership by Pat McMahon
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:28 PM]

Re: Ross Barkley: Coming back? by eamonn
[June 03, 2024, 11:54:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[June 03, 2024, 11:33:53 PM]

Re: Ross Barkley: Coming back? by Percy McCarthy
[June 03, 2024, 11:26:49 PM]

Re: Ross Barkley: Coming back? by pauliewalnuts
[June 03, 2024, 11:15:53 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by adrenachrome
[June 03, 2024, 11:14:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 767619 times)

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #5565 on: January 13, 2021, 01:24:00 PM »
A full and frank investigation : someone at Villa, or a family member, got Covid, went training with the squad where they passed it to a few others and then the others did the same.

Thankyou, that's £25'000 please...

Not so fast Hercule Poirot
Trez:
"After needing 6 stitches due to my head injury, I suffered from a muscle tear and a hamstring injury and I was absent for a month. And then after rehabilitation and returning to the team training, I was infected with the coronavirus.
Thanks God for everything. May god heal every patient.”

So we can deduce that he is not the instigator

There are thousands of ways they could have picked it up without breaking any lockdown rules. It could be that one Villa employee brought it into Bodymoor Heath or individuals caught it separately. There is absolutely no need to be naming and shaming people for getting sick during a pandemic. Please don't turn into some maniac Daily Mail reading Tottenham fan, FV mate.

Yes well you can see it like that others can see it like as being detective to find clues and solve the mystery that is how did covid 19 occur at bodmoor heath?

If those with an eye for detail can step forward. Miss Marple style maybe we at H and V can seek to find some clues ? Our very own cluedo . We can already eliminate Trezeguet from our enquiries

Now I can begin that beginning with the GK emi martinez he has recently posted himself on social media with his child at a nursery... and thank you NHS included in one of his photos..  the plot thickens

Embarrassing.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #5566 on: January 13, 2021, 01:28:59 PM »
I bet Milner wouldn’t catch covid.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5567 on: January 13, 2021, 01:42:25 PM »
I don't think we really need to know who caught it and who didn't, that's totally irrelevant. Besides, that's a private matter and not for the club to divulge. What matters is that whoever did get it either recovers if they were ill or hopefully only had mild symptoms. Footy's belief that the club should name and shame is bizarre and unnecessary.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #5568 on: January 13, 2021, 01:44:33 PM »
Apartment -Beetham Tower, Manchester.
Kyle Walker Bunga Bunga party,

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #5569 on: January 13, 2021, 01:47:07 PM »

Covid-19 can impact anyone actually even a model pro.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5570 on: January 13, 2021, 01:48:13 PM »
I don't think we really need to know who caught it and who didn't, that's totally irrelevant. Besides, that's a private matter and not for the club to divulge. What matters is that whoever did get it either recovers if they were ill or hopefully only had mild symptoms. Footy's belief that the club should name and shame is bizarre and unnecessary.
Well we can drop the case and wait to see.
But once anything has been put in public domain I'm sure many will comment so its hardly bizarre
Enough then I'll do my own private invisatgion and won't post anything on the bodymoor heath covid!
Clearly little interest by some so fair enough.

We await your private investigation with anticipation.

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #5571 on: January 13, 2021, 01:59:44 PM »

Covid-19 can impact anyone actually even a model pro.

Think he probably meant that tongue in cheek

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5572 on: January 13, 2021, 02:05:14 PM »
What does it matter which of our players have Covid? The squad seem to have spread it amongst one another once the initial player(s) caught it. And as has been mentioned, the initial infection to them could have been transmitted by countless innocent ways.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #5573 on: January 13, 2021, 02:20:57 PM »
It matters because we will soon be forced to resume playing without those infected players.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #5574 on: January 13, 2021, 02:25:35 PM »
But once anything has been put in public domain I'm sure many will comment so its hardly bizarre
Enough then I'll do my own private invisatgion and won't post anything on the bodymoor heath covid!

Was it Colonel Mustard, with a Candlestick, in the Billiard room?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #5575 on: January 13, 2021, 02:43:37 PM »
Mourinho has some interesting comments to make about Fulham and Cardiket Parker, claiming the latter is crying wolf:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jan/12/scott-parker-scandalous-fulham-spurs-jose-mourinho-rearranged
José Mourinho says Fulham will owe the rest of the Premier League an apology if they field a full-strength team in Wednesday’s rearranged match at Tottenham.

The Spurs manager has been angered by what he perceives to have been a reluctance on Fulham’s part to play the game at short notice. He suggested the only grounds for them not to do so was if they had selection issues but he does not believe they have any.

Scott Parker, the Fulham manager, said the league told him and his club at 9.30am on Monday they would have to fulfil the fixture, which was postponed on 30 December after a Covid outbreak at Fulham. Parker described the notice period as “scandalous”. The league rescheduled the game after Spurs’s original opponents, Aston Villa, were forced to withdraw because of a rise in coronavirus cases at their club.

Mourinho has no sympathy for Fulham and he railed against “selfish” agendas that he fears could stand in the way of the season being completed.

“We should wait for tomorrow and see Fulham’s team … [and] the players not involved,” Mourinho said. “After that we can all feel sorry for them or we can all think that they shouldn’t speak. My feeling is the best Fulham will be here. So when we see the best Fulham you realise lots of things don’t make sense.

“We played 11 more matches than Fulham since the beginning of the season [it is actually 10]. They played Saturday against QPR. In London. They have Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to prepare. If they come with half of the team, I will be the first one to apologise to them. And I will be the first one to say we played this game with an advantage. If they come with their best, I think they should apologise to all of us. Come on, let’s play football. Let’s behave the best we can. Let’s protect our industry.”

Parker seethed as he laid out the difficulties he now faces. He fielded a strong team in the FA Cup win over QPR – Fulham’s first game since Boxing Day and their Covid shutdown – because he thought he had more time to prepare for a home match against Chelsea on Friday. That has been shifted to Saturday. Parker questioned whether a bigger club would have been treated in the same way and expressed fears over player welfare.

“We knew last week that Aston Villa’s game [against Spurs] would probably be called off,” Parker said. “Tell us then. If we had known this Thursday or Friday, not a problem. If the complication has happened over the weekend or someone has given a suggestion: ‘Oh, we could change that fixture with that one’, then that is just too late.

“There are players stuck in their house for 10 days [in self-isolation] and who have done no work. Even for the players to have a week’s work to play on Friday [against Chelsea] would have been some ask. To now chuck in a game in the middle of the week is another story … There’s no denying that injuries could be a higher risk. I’m disappointed, I’m angry, I think it’s unfair and I think it’s wrong. Outrageously wrong.”

The league is unhappy at Parker’s comments. It says Fulham were made aware before they kicked off against QPR there was the strong possibility they would have to face Spurs on Wednesday but it was impossible to confirm until Monday because of a number of factors, including the requirements of broadcasters.

Mourinho complained he had been told only a couple of hours before kick-off about the postponement of the original Fulham game whereas they had more than 48 hours to prepare for this one.

“Getting a game called off two hours or 48 hours before is really an irrelevance,” Parker said. “José will know only too well that you plan structures. Tottenham knew they had a fixture [on Wednesday]. His team selection on Sunday [at Marine] suggested that. Would this have happened with a top-of-the-table clash with two of the biggest teams? Probably not. This is not acceptable.”

Mourinho said the “main question” was whether people wanted the season to finish: “If we all are very selfish or if we all want the perfect situation for ourselves, it’s going to be very, very difficult for the Premier League to make it amazing for everyone.”

He added that Spurs had positive Covid tests “almost every week”. “One assistant coach, one player, one medical staff … We never tried to take any advantage of it.”[\quote]

Offline cannock villa

« Reply #5576 on: January 13, 2021, 02:43:47 PM »

Was it Colonel Mustard, with a Candlestick, in the Billiard room?
No, it was Grealish,with a Range Rover, in Birmingham

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #5577 on: January 13, 2021, 02:49:54 PM »
Loads of us go to work, follow protocols and still get it.

I have worn a mask for all of my work visits to families for some time now. I sanitise my hands before and after visits, and before and after any trips into shops. I keep to 2m distancing as much as possible.....but I still got it because I am in a job where it’s not possible to fully maintain social distancing all of the time. I am pretty sure it’s the same for Phil.

If you have to work, you’ll be taking risks and footballers are no different. There’s no need to be pointing fingers at anyone.

I should also add that my mum has been using Sainsbury’s at Mere Green where you’ll see many Villa Wives and girlfriends  picking up a few bits. She says it’s a complete shambles in there with no distancing, no adherence to the one way system, and a fairly relaxed attitude to mask wearing. The villa players partners themselves don’t have to be among the ones not adhering to the rules to end up bringing that risk home. There’s one perfectly innocent explanation straight off.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 02:58:05 PM by amfy »

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5578 on: January 13, 2021, 02:51:11 PM »

Private investigation?  Chances are somebody picked it up from the supermarket, or the petrol station or the postman or wheeling the dustbin bin back in or from their kids.... and then inadvertently passed it on. 

You will NEVER know.  You don't need to invetigate.  It doesn't have to have been an illicit party with drugs and hookers, however much you want it to be.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #5579 on: January 13, 2021, 02:55:08 PM »
It matters because we will soon be forced to resume playing without those infected players.

Absolutely. I meant more from the perspective of those trying to "out" the naughty, errant members of the squad (should there be any).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal