collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 754055 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #5025 on: July 28, 2020, 10:05:53 PM »
I stopped doing the match threads, that's what made the difference. Game after game I was slaving away doing them, and we didn't win, I decided enough was enough. If the players weren't going to do it then it was up to me to save the club. No more match threads, and the result of me making that supreme sacrifice? W2 D2 L0. Sod all this DS, Jack, Trez saved us nonsense. It's all down to the sacrifice I made.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #5026 on: July 28, 2020, 10:07:27 PM »
Villa 0 and Villanil worked quite well for the 4th and 3rd last games. Then Aston-Lee had his Villa kit on for the last two. Worked perfectly. I thank you all.

Offline Legion

« Reply #5027 on: July 28, 2020, 10:08:00 PM »
I stopped doing the match threads, that's what made the difference. Game after game I was slaving away doing them, and we didn't win, I decided enough was enough. If the players weren't going to do it then it was up to me to save the club. No more match threads, and the result of me making that supreme sacrifice? W2 D2 L0. Sod all this DS, Jack, Trez saved us nonsense. It's all down to the sacrifice I made.

You're sacked for next season.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #5028 on: July 28, 2020, 10:11:13 PM »

As a peace offering to the missus for how annoyed I got during the Man Utd game I agreed to bake something on match days for the rest of the season. 2 were finished before kick off, the others meant I missed a minute or so getting the cakes out of the oven. We won both of the latter. I'll take donations of flour and eggs for next season if anyone is interested.

Offline Legion

« Reply #5029 on: July 28, 2020, 10:15:27 PM »
You want us to egg and flour you?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #5030 on: July 28, 2020, 10:17:44 PM »
You want us to egg and flour you?

If it'd mean we take 2 points per game on average over next season then I'd be fine with it

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #5031 on: July 28, 2020, 10:18:53 PM »
We’d only finish third. Have you no ambition?

Offline Legion

« Reply #5032 on: July 28, 2020, 10:18:57 PM »
Adds items to shopping list for tomorrow...

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #5033 on: August 04, 2020, 03:11:19 PM »
Bundesliga clubs will be allowed to have fans back in the grounds this September

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #5034 on: August 04, 2020, 03:15:14 PM »
We’d only finish third. Have you no ambition?

Maybe we need to add hundreds and thousands to the recipe...

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #5035 on: August 04, 2020, 03:25:03 PM »
Bundesliga clubs will be allowed to have fans back in the grounds this September

I was speaking to a German colleague last week who supports Werder Bremmen who ironically had a similar season to ourselves. He told me about the possibility of 50% of fans returning to games in September. The consensus amongst most supporters there is 'All or nothing'.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #5036 on: August 17, 2020, 07:55:09 AM »
Starting to think ahead to the time when fans are allowed back to VP do you see areas of ground that will open first / last?? Looking at concourses and comparing the huge ones in the Holte & Trinity to those in North Stand & Doug Upper could that be a factor in which areas open first remain closed??

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #5037 on: August 17, 2020, 10:57:27 AM »

I was speaking to a German colleague last week who supports Werder Bremmen who ironically had a similar season to ourselves. He told me about the possibility of 50% of fans returning to games in September. The consensus amongst most supporters there is 'All or nothing'.
I've seen a few people say 'all or nothing' and I don't really get this.  If reduced capacity and other restrictions doesn't appeal then people are free to not go.  But why deny the chance of going to those that want to and at the same time allow the clubs to get a bit of income?  The atmosphere would also be a little bit less eery, which might help the players and spectacle.  I honestly can't see any real down sides.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #5038 on: August 18, 2020, 12:19:45 PM »

They trialled it out a week or two ago here with a Feyenoord training session. Up front they made it clear that any fan entering the De Kuip had to take distance and refrain from chanting and shouting. Quelle surprise, within minutes of fans entering the stadium all of the aforementioned rules went out of the window. Having been to numerous Bundesliga games, with the best will in the world, I simply cannot see a scenario where fans will behave in a manner that will allow crowds to return. I fear that, as it currently stands and with fans of the elite clubs now being used to only seeing them on tv, the return to football as we know it is far off.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #5039 on: August 18, 2020, 01:19:21 PM »

I've seen a few people say 'all or nothing' and I don't really get this.  If reduced capacity and other restrictions doesn't appeal then people are free to not go.  But why deny the chance of going to those that want to and at the same time allow the clubs to get a bit of income?  The atmosphere would also be a little bit less eery, which might help the players and spectacle.  I honestly can't see any real down sides.

Whilst I agree with you, the people I’ve seen who are against this are the real hardcore fans who haven’t missed a single game in years, maybe decades. They are potentially going to be in a situation where their long run of attending games comes to an end, whilst other people are attending the game.

At least with BCD, everyone misses out. Selfish possibly, but I also see where they’re coming from.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal