collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 758587 times)

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #4965 on: June 14, 2020, 08:01:54 AM »
I agree, we're Aston Villa, and dispatching sides week after week by those sort of scorelines is what I'd expected. Reality was we didn’t, and that in three seasons we barely managed the sum total of one fucking week in the automatic places.

Leeds would have managed 2.

Oh.

Offline frank black

« Reply #4966 on: June 14, 2020, 03:26:39 PM »
Looking the situation with the Norwich player, seems you do not need to self isolate if you come into close contact with an infected person for less than 15 minutes. This virus is damn obliging isn’t it, with its 15 minutes of grace provided.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4967 on: June 14, 2020, 03:43:17 PM »
Every minute spent outside the top flight diminishes our fine institution.

The second division was made so more clubs could aspire to be like us, not to fucking play against us.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4968 on: June 14, 2020, 05:27:15 PM »
Every minute spent outside the top flight diminishes our fine institution.

The second division was made so more clubs could aspire to be like us, not to fucking play against us.

Agreed. I’m not in the I don’t care camp or isn’t it so much more fun in the Championship? Yeh sure we had some good games and relative to the utter fucking gash of the previous 5 or 6 at times it was much more enjoyable. But I have zero interest ever being there again. I’m very much in the we need to stay up and I care a lot about these last few games. Relegation would be a massive disaster and would set us back many years yet again.

Offline myf

« Reply #4969 on: June 14, 2020, 07:01:36 PM »
I can't see us surviving but at the same time will be distraught if it happens. consolation is Championship could be very weak division if olbiyun and Dirty Leeds go up. we could be a very big fish in that league if West Ham survive

It took us three years last time. Three more years in the wilderness, on top of the past ten years of crap? Nah thanks.

oh I agree. it will be horrendous if we drop. I'm just trying to find positives if it happens

Offline wince

« Reply #4970 on: June 15, 2020, 01:39:20 PM »
Thing is, if we drop into the championship, it will be because we were not good enough. I think as a club we had a shock in the championship that we weren’t rolling teams over every week as we forgot we were stinking the prem out. Play better we stay up. If we drop we need to work harder than last time we were down there and get momentum.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #4971 on: June 15, 2020, 01:42:42 PM »
Thing is, if we drop into the championship, it will be because we were not good enough. I think as a club we had a shock in the championship that we weren’t rolling teams over every week as we forgot we were stinking the prem out. Play better we stay up. If we drop we need to work harder than last time we were down there and get momentum.

I'm not sure we do.

Last time we went down we'd been circling the drain for years. It's well documented that there was a losing mentality at the club.

This times different. If we go down, it'll be down to equal measures lack of ability and lack of experience. Even if we lost Grealish I'd back this squad to go up at the first time of asking.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #4972 on: June 15, 2020, 02:15:35 PM »
After years of struggle under Houllier, McLeish, Lambert, Sherwood and Garde I quite enjoyed the Championship years. However that doesn't mean I am in a hurry for us to go back to that level.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4973 on: June 15, 2020, 02:33:57 PM »
I hated the championship, having clubs like Bristol fucking City think they could treat us as equals, watching the Baggies and Wolves think they're suddenly the biggest club in the region and can tell us what it's like to support a big club, seeing players I rate go to clubs like Brighton and Bournemouth to be watched by about 25 fans, the fucking shit coverage, smug twats from clubs like spurs claiming we were ruining Grealish's career by not selling him to them for a couple of million and a kid they don't want.

There's plenty more but at the base level Aston Villa belong in the top division, the stadium, the support and the history all demand nothing less.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #4974 on: June 15, 2020, 04:40:15 PM »
Needs to be said.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #4975 on: June 15, 2020, 05:21:07 PM »
I hated the championship, having clubs like Bristol fucking City think they could treat us as equals, watching the Baggies and Wolves think they're suddenly the biggest club in the region and can tell us what it's like to support a big club, seeing players I rate go to clubs like Brighton and Bournemouth to be watched by about 25 fans, the fucking shit coverage, smug twats from clubs like spurs claiming we were ruining Grealish's career by not selling him to them for a couple of million and a kid they don't want.

There's plenty more but at the base level Aston Villa belong in the top division, the stadium, the support and the history all demand nothing less.

Hear, hear.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #4976 on: June 15, 2020, 07:49:12 PM »
Absolutely right.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #4977 on: June 15, 2020, 11:39:43 PM »

This should be the view of every Aston Villa fan. I don't 'get 'the championship love, it diminishes our fine club ffs. We need to be in the top flight looking to push on, not going backward to drift in the wilderness.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #4978 on: June 15, 2020, 11:48:12 PM »
I know we're on the internet and all, but there are places between "being relegated would be catastrophic for the club" and "championship love".

It really wouldn't be the end of the world if we went down. And I think we'll be a lot closer to whether we need to get used to that idea by 8pm on Wednesday.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #4979 on: June 16, 2020, 09:37:35 AM »

[/quote

This should be the view of every Aston Villa fan. I don't 'get 'the championship love, it diminishes our fine club ffs. We need to be in the top flight looking to push on, not going backward to drift in the wilderness.

Think a lot of us just enjoyed watching the team win consistently with a bit of a swagger.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 09:42:00 AM by Big Ming »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal