collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Londonvilla
[Today at 12:21:04 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by VillaTim
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:58 PM]

Cubs/Clarets membership by Pat McMahon
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:28 PM]

Ross Barkley: Coming back? by eamonn
[June 03, 2024, 11:54:46 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[June 03, 2024, 11:33:53 PM]

Kits 24/25 by j66acd
[June 03, 2024, 10:41:45 PM]

Season Tickets by Aldridge Villa
[June 03, 2024, 10:31:44 PM]

Past Managers, Love or Hate? by Monty
[June 03, 2024, 09:27:43 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Londonvilla
[Today at 12:21:04 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by VillaTim
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:58 PM]

Re: Cubs/Clarets membership by Pat McMahon
[June 03, 2024, 11:59:28 PM]

Re: Ross Barkley: Coming back? by eamonn
[June 03, 2024, 11:54:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[June 03, 2024, 11:33:53 PM]

Re: Ross Barkley: Coming back? by Percy McCarthy
[June 03, 2024, 11:26:49 PM]

Re: Ross Barkley: Coming back? by pauliewalnuts
[June 03, 2024, 11:15:53 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by adrenachrome
[June 03, 2024, 11:14:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?  (Read 767612 times)

Offline Aldridge Villa

Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season?
« Reply #2640 on: April 24, 2020, 10:35:48 PM »
Terminate this season with immediate effect. Powers that be determine promotions and relegations. Look to begin 20/21 season in Sept / Oct should circumstances permit the govt green light.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2641 on: April 24, 2020, 10:37:49 PM »

Offline slammer

« Reply #2642 on: April 24, 2020, 11:48:25 PM »
This average points doesn't take into account that Aston Villa have played 2 more away matches than home matches.
If you take the current bottom six, do points per game for home matches then multiply by 19,  do the same for away matches, at first check I reckon we will have 4 teams below us, food for thought.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #2643 on: April 24, 2020, 11:52:16 PM »
This average points doesn't take into account that Aston Villa have played 2 more away matches than home matches.
If you take the current bottom six, do points per game for home matches then multiply by 19,  do the same for away matches, at first check I reckon we will have 4 teams below us, food for thought.

It does - They average our home games (which are around 1.1 point a game) and our away games which are little over 0.5 point per game.

Even averaging out home and away, we still end up bottom 3.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #2644 on: April 24, 2020, 11:54:38 PM »
I don't know if I'm missing something here but a few people on various forums have advocated playing the remainder of this season during some part of when the 2020-21 season should have been played, scrap the 20-21 season and then start a proper 2021-22 season on time.

Wouldn't that send a huge amount of clubs to the wall as they would have no 20-21 season income? Sounds like an appalling plan unless I've missed something.

It won't happen.  If next season can be played out, they will play it.  Absolutely no way on earth will they scrap next season unless covid19 renders it unplayable.  UEFA already seem to be planning for next season.

Offline slammer

« Reply #2645 on: April 25, 2020, 12:23:58 AM »

It does - They average our home games (which are around 1.1 point a game) and our away games which are little over 0.5 point per game.

Agreed by taking the two averages, but if you factor up by 19 it changes because we have played fewer home matches, I agree that the scenario is very unlikely to happen.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #2646 on: April 25, 2020, 12:30:20 AM »

Agreed by taking the two averages, but if you factor up by 19 it changes because we have played fewer home matches, I agree that the scenario is very unlikely to happen.

We have 6 home games left so by averaging points, they'd give us 6.6 points

Then 4 away games at just over 0.5 a game gives us another 2 points

So by averaging the points out, we'd get just under 9 added to what we've already got.  This would keep us 2nd from bottom.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2647 on: April 25, 2020, 12:36:31 AM »

So by averaging the points out, we'd get just under 9 added to what we've already got.  This would keep us 2nd from bottom.

You seem very keen to have us relegated for some reason.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2648 on: April 25, 2020, 12:36:31 AM »
The Dutch have cancelled their league.  No title winners, no relegation, no promotion from the division underneath.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #2649 on: April 25, 2020, 12:45:00 AM »

You seem very keen to have us relegated for some reason.

Why would I want us relegated?

I've said numerous times that I couldn't give a shit about any of this other than Villa staying up.  I probably want us to stay up more than most do - Even you Mr Woodhall.

I've thought it through for hours, I've even worked out the average points for each of the bottom 6 (yes I know I'm sad).  However, I cannot believe that people have just been giving out the template "void it" for the past month, without even thinking about other options or the arguments of other clubs.  When I point this out, it seems to touch a nerve for some reason.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #2650 on: April 25, 2020, 12:49:50 AM »
I went on to the Bitters site the other day to see what they were saying. Naturally the majority want to see the season concluded but the later posts are starting to think it won’t be.

What gets me is this absolute conviction that both the Stripeys and Leeds were both going to stroll the 2 automatic promotion spots. There’s absolutely nothing decided in that division at all, especially looking at their remaining fixtures. They act like they’ve both got 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' style points gaps between them and the rest.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #2651 on: April 25, 2020, 12:53:44 AM »
The Times reporting they are looking at limited venues to negate policing etc ..project restart.

I don't even know why they bothering with stadiums if there no fans ,might as well play at training grounds

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #2652 on: April 25, 2020, 01:06:04 AM »

I've said numerous times that I couldn't give a shit about any of this other than Villa staying up.  I probably want us to stay up more than most do - Even you Mr Woodhall.

I've thought it through for hours, I've even worked out the average points for each of the bottom 6 (yes I know I'm sad).  However, I cannot believe that people have just been giving out the template "void it" for the past month, without even thinking about other options or the arguments of other clubs.  When I point this out, it seems to touch a nerve for some reason.

Maybe if you didn't shout down everyone who puts forward an idea that would result in anything except us getting relegated, while at the same time claiming moral superiority over the rest of us, eyebrows wouldn't be raised and nerves would remain untouched. 

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #2653 on: April 25, 2020, 01:14:26 AM »

Maybe if you didn't shout down everyone who puts forward an idea that would result in anything except us getting relegated, while at the same time claiming moral superiority over the rest of us, eyebrows wouldn't be raised and nerves would remain untouched.

Didn't realise I'd shouted any ideas down.  Voiding it is a perfectly reasonable idea and one we all hope happens.   Where have I "shouted it down"?  Where have I shouted anything down in fact?

I don't claim any moral superiority - I have none, I just want us to stay up at all costs morals don't even come into it.  Where have I claimed moral superiority?

It's a discussion on Covid19 and its effects.  I am discussing all options as it interests me. 

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #2654 on: April 25, 2020, 01:28:10 AM »

Didn't realise I'd shouted any ideas down.  Voiding it is a perfectly reasonable idea and one we all hope happens.   Where have I "shouted it down"?  Where have I shouted anything down in fact?

I don't claim any moral superiority - I have none, I just want us to stay up at all costs morals don't even come into it.  Where have I claimed moral superiority?

It's a discussion on Covid19 and its effects.  I am discussing all options as it interests me. 

Every time anyone suggests anything else you jump on it and say it's only because what they're saying would keep the Villa up and you're different to all that. Every single time.  Perhaps you should give it a rest.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal