collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Villa in Denmark
[Today at 06:32:28 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:32:23 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Paul.S
[Today at 06:29:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City, a referee and two linesmen Post Match Thread  (Read 44810 times)

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Re: Aston Villa v Man City, a referee and two linesmen Post Match Thread
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2020, 09:13:16 PM »
Why do people think having John Terry on board means we'll be great at defending?

Solskjaer was a great striker, but are Man Utd burying every chance he would have? No.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2020, 09:16:32 PM »
Why do people think having John Terry on board means we'll be great at defending?

Solskjaer was a great striker, but are Man Utd burying every chance he would have? No.

I assume he is there for defensive coaching purposes. The fault has to lie at someones door for being so poor. If it isn't the defensive coach for corner situations and the players purely aren't good enough then whoever bought them has to carry the can. The season is poor, bordering very poor.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2020, 09:18:15 PM »
Play with that effort and application over the remaining league games and we’ll stop up.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #183 on: March 01, 2020, 09:18:40 PM »
I don't think anyone believes he'll make us great at defending but we should at least look organised.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #184 on: March 01, 2020, 09:19:55 PM »
I'm still getting flashbacks from the game at our place against them so my expectations were low. First half I thought that we made the same mistake as that game in that we stood off them and let them play cue the inevitable deficit.

However after we pulled the goal back I felt that we tried much more to close them down and put them under pressure and they didn't look as dangerous. Sure they could have scored again but they have quality players and will create chances.

I thought our attitude and application second half in particular was excellent. Let's take that into the league campaign and who knows?

Thought the noise from our fans was great throughout.

Online CT Villan

« Reply #185 on: March 01, 2020, 09:30:29 PM »
Very proud of the lads and the fans. I watched it on tv with a City mate and he was bricking it at the end and also acknowledged the poor decision that led to their second.

I think Targett and Guilbert were our weakest links today and both were culpable for the goals. Neither are great defenders so when they are not bombing up the line and getting crosses in they don't contribute a whole lot. I though Luiz was ok and Nakamba played well - didn't see anything wrong with his yellow-carded tackle as he had cleared the ball almost half a second before Aguero arrived, which is an age in football.

My hope is this performance translates into our Premier League form and if it does we can control our own destiny.

Offline myf

« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2020, 09:37:05 PM »
Today wasnt as bad as I thought it might be. No improvement in our league form though and we may well be playing that shit from the sty next year and I hoped we wouldn't be seeing those twats for many a year.

It could be Cov as well as the filth - 2 trips to the sty

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #187 on: March 01, 2020, 09:43:21 PM »
Today wasnt as bad as I thought it might be. No improvement in our league form though and we may well be playing that shit from the sty next year and I hoped we wouldn't be seeing those twats for many a year.

It could be Cov as well as the filth - 2 trips to the sty

Thanks for cheering me up..!

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2020, 09:44:06 PM »
I thought we played ok.  City overloaded the wide areas in the first half really well and we ask AEG and Elmo to tuck in rather than mark their wider players, thus making it look like Freddie and Targett were struggling.  Just good play from City imo.  Robbed for the second goal but defended it poorly.  It's absolutely no good whatsoever playing like we did today if we shit it against Leicester City next week or every other game we go into.  We have some talent but need the consistency to go with it.   Much improved from Nakamba.  Jack was kept quiet unfortunately.  Not sure why we didn't go two up top for the last 15 though.  We gave it a go.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2020, 09:44:13 PM »
Though Luiz was his usual self, some very good stuff coupled with some sloppiness. 

I'm not taking too much heart from the way we played, and how hard we worked.  We've done the odd half a game like that before, but the reason why we're in the shit is because we don't do it consistently.  Most games we don't look anywhere near as up for it.  For example plenty of effort against Leicester in the semi, and to an extent Spurs, fuck all against Southampton and Bournemouth. Liverpool work like dogs in pretty much every game.  That's why they are where they are.  Unfortunately if the previous 8 months are anything to go by I doubt we'll reproduce that kind of effort in more than 30% of our remaining games.  And even if we do it might not be enough to cover up the fact we can't defend.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2020, 09:48:14 PM »
That John Stones tho.   ;D

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2020, 09:49:00 PM »
Maybe not but ultimately if we can’t hope it can be replicated on a semi-consistent basis we may as well pack it in.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2020, 09:49:57 PM »

Jammy w**k stain. Typically I was saying how shite he was as he thumped that header in.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2020, 09:53:51 PM »
I thought we played ok.  City overloaded the wide areas in the first half really well and we ask AEG and Elmo to tuck in rather than mark their wider players, thus making it look like Freddie and Targett were struggling.  Just good play from City imo.  Robbed for the second goal but defended it poorly.  It's absolutely no good whatsoever playing like we did today if we shit it against Leicester City next week or every other game we go into.  We have some talent but need the consistency to go with it.   Much improved from Nakamba.  Jack was kept quiet unfortunately.  Not sure why we didn't go two up top for the last 15 though.  We gave it a go.
I can't agree with giving it a go. People said the same about spurs. We created very little except the corner in the second half. We have them all the possession, defended poorly and gifted goals, barely won a header in midfield. Really disappointed about the performance.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2020, 09:56:43 PM »

Jammy w**k stain. Typically I was saying how shite he was as he thumped that header in.

What?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal