collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City, a referee and two linesmen Post Match Thread  (Read 45320 times)

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Aston Villa v Man City Post Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2020, 06:31:45 PM »
Probably covered in the match thread but does VAR not actually get consulted on Corners and Free kicks given in dangerous areas?

Nope dosen't get used for that unless there's a foul and possible penalty shout. Guess linesman's view was blocked and ref couldn't be bothered to overrule but it was clear watching on the stream so just poor decision.

Mind you they'd argued Marvelous should've got a red. Two feet off the ground etc.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2020, 06:31:52 PM »
We just lost to arguably one of the best teams in the world and we gave them a right good run for all there money, they needed the 12 man in the ref to give them that cup, honestly thought we matched them in the second half, first time this season I have seen Villa players getting in there and making there presence felt, all good stuff, Smith must bottle that fight and spirit and take that into every game we play now, you can easily see if Villa fight and scrap, we can compete.

Bring on Leicester. 

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2020, 06:32:19 PM »
Oh well, it was a great game to watch, we've got lots to be very proud of, but they just had too much quality for us overall.  Missed chances have been an Achilles heel all season.  As has poor defending.  That said, if we show the same commitment for the rest of the season we have a good chance of staying up.

Yup. Better to have have fought and lost than to have never fought at all. There's something we showed today to build on for the rest of the season. It's in our own hands.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2020, 06:32:30 PM »
The corner situation was typical of our attitude.
We meekly accept the decision and don’t complain, they score, they win.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2020, 06:32:37 PM »
Proud of that performance.

I think I've had far too much to drink mate. Or the Villa have just worn me down.

I didn't enjoy that much at all. I'll have to watch it back again tomorrow. Up the Villa, pal. I hope you're well!

Offline TonyD

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2020, 06:33:04 PM »
Good effort.   Should have gone two up with Davis.  Jack never got in the game. 

Offline jwarry

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2020, 06:33:12 PM »
Bigger worry is what was up with Jack late on. Can't have him injured if we want to stay up.

Think he was just pissed off

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2020, 06:34:19 PM »
And what’s going on with our defending of corners. Mings wasted.... one of our best headers of the ball not marking anyone and caught in no mans land on a number of occasions?!

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2020, 06:34:50 PM »
whos that behind the cup?  danny Trejo

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2020, 06:35:24 PM »
With the one that Bravo saved I reckon 9 times out of 10 that would've sat up for Engels to tap in an open goal, really unlucky for it to go to pretty much the only place where they could get to it first and get it away.

They have a better squad, we all know that, but I honestly don't think there was much in that game.

They gave our fullbacks a hard time by staying so wide but I think we did ok to stop them from getting many clear chances from it (other than the first goal). Their second was really poor from the linesman, he obviously couldn't see what happened so why the fuck did he decide to just guess and give them the corner? As others have said that's the sort of thing that VAR should be helping with, the check would've taken less time than the Villa players spent telling the ref he'd got it wrong so the 'slows the game down' argument is null. Yes we should've defended better but I honestly think a few of our players were still pissed off at the decision and the concentration dipped for a few seconds.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2020, 06:35:45 PM »
Bigger worry is what was up with Jack late on. Can't have him injured if we want to stay up.

Think he was just pissed off

He was definitely stretching his left leg late on. Crap or muscle injury, dunno.

Offline Proposition Joe

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2020, 06:35:47 PM »
I think they did themselves proud, mainly thanks to Samatta and that goal. Without it we would have / could have sunk. Just a shame that their keeper pulled off that save right at the end. And equally a shame that Nyland didn't score when he came up for the corner, would have capped off his redemption story nicely.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2020, 06:35:58 PM »
One thing I will say though.... that Foden kid looks a player. His control from that cross field ball first half 👌🏼

Offline aev

• GM : 01.09.2024
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2020, 06:36:34 PM »
Thought we were ok to be honest. They are always going to have loads of possession and chances, but we hung in there and gave it a go.

I just hope this continues for the rest of the season.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2020, 06:36:41 PM »
We lost but I’m so proud tonight. Clearly city are a fantastic side but did enough to have them guessing at the end. We’ll stay up if we carry that kind of form and application into the rest of the season  so very proud

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal