collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fans Worried Over Villa Future  (Read 573462 times)

Offline martin@ardenley

• Administrator
  • GM : 01.01.2024
Fans Worried Over Villa Future
« on: October 18, 2005, 10:32:00 AM »
from givemefootball.com

Aston Villa fans´ groups are warning the club will be contemplating life in the Championship rather than Europe unless there is major investment sooner rather than later.

Villa Fans Combined (VFC) are sceptical about the strength of a possible takeover bid that under-fire chairman Doug Ellis and the board of directors are considering. Ellis said at Friday´s annual general meeting that he hoped to let shareholders know within a month whether initial interest from a group of potential investors will have sufficient substance to be considered viable.

VFC spokesman Jonathan Fear said: "Everyone was pleased to win the derby against Birmingham on Sunday but overall the club is going to keep on going backwards unless it receives some big investment in the near future."

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 10:34:39 AM »
Why do VFC get so much publicity?  Didn't JF storm out of the AGM like a big baby recently?  I can't believe journo's still take him seriously.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 10:35:24 AM »
Poppycock.

We need investment to have a crack at the top 5 or so, yes. As it is I think we'll steadily improve with this current squad until we're knocking on the European door. Defenitely need some cover in the Jan window and hopefully we'll have rich new overlords by then.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 10:40:52 AM »
Quote from: "Mazrim"
Poppycock.

We need investment to have a crack at the top 5 or so, yes. As it is I think we'll steadily improve with this current squad until we're knocking on the European door. Defenitely need some cover in the Jan window and hopefully we'll have rich new overlords by then.

One win over a shit team and we're going to be challenging for Europe Maz?  Reality check required I think.  When was the last time we recorded back to back wins?  We should do this week, but knowing Villa we'll go and balls it up against Wigan.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 10:41:13 AM »
First Mr Fear was unhppy about Ellis not talking to to Ranson about his bid. Now he's unhappy because he's talking to somebody else about a bid. Had Ranson offered him a job or is he just a permanantly unhappy man?

Offline Andy Poole

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 10:41:41 AM »
Who is Jonathan Fear?
Really...i don't know who he is, or what, if any, experience he has of running a Premiership football club?
What are his qualifications for spouting bollocks

VFC spokesman Jonathan Fear said: "Everyone was pleased to win the derby against Birmingham on Sunday but overall the club is going to keep on going backwards unless it receives some big investment in the near future."

Qualify backwards Mr Fear?...you may use your family tree!

Offline the weatherman

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 10:42:39 AM »
Quote from: "Chris Smith"
Had Ranson offered him a job?

That crossed my mind when i read it.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2005, 10:43:11 AM »
Thats what I mean Chris, why does anyone take the first bit of notice of anything he has to say?  No matter what HDE does it will never be good enough for Jon Fear.

Offline Tony

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2005, 10:45:53 AM »
Quote from: "Andy Poole"
Who is Jonathan Fear?
Really...i don't know who he is, or what, if any, experience he has of running a Premiership football club?

Well this could get silly, who are you to say Jonathan Fear has no right to an opinion? Generally in a three year cycle we seem to take one step forward and two steps back, this summer we seem to have taken a forward step with our investment, but will we maintain it?

Offline Andy Poole

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2005, 10:48:41 AM »
Andy Poole wrote:
Who is Jonathan Fear?

Quote:

Well this could get silly, who are you to say Jonathan Fear has no right to an opinion? Generally in a three year cycle we seem to take one step forward and two steps back, this summer we seem to have taken a forward step with our investment, but will we maintain it?

I don't go around claiming to represent Villa fans, he does....he claims to speak on my behalf yet i have never ever met the man

Offline Tony

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2005, 10:50:38 AM »
Quote from: "Andy Poole"

I don't go around claiming to represent Villa fans, he does....he claims to speak on my behalf yet i have never ever met the man

When has he ever claimed to speak on your behalf? I've never seen him claim to be the voice of all Villa fans. He represents a group of Villa fans.

Offline Risso

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2005, 10:52:23 AM »
What is there to disagree with in the statement?  If we don't get investment, we WILL keep going backwards.  Most of the comments on this thread are just criticising for the pure sake of it.

And I really can't see how the journalist's spin on it can be obtained from what Jon actually said.  How do you get to

Villa Fans Combined (VFC) are sceptical about the strength of a possible takeover bid

from
Everyone was pleased to win the derby against Birmingham on Sunday but overall the club is going to keep on going backwards unless it receives some big investment in the near future

Where does he say he's sceptical about anything.  he just says we need investment, which we do.

Offline Villa Lion

• http://www.the-memorabilia-shop.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2005, 10:54:25 AM »
Quote from: "Risso"

When was the last time we recorded back to back wins?  We should do this week, but knowing Villa we'll go and balls it up against Wigan.

why should we, wigan are playing well, it wont be the walk in the park we all thought it would be at the start of the season.

Offline Red Robbo

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2005, 10:54:33 AM »
Most of the comments on this thread are just criticising for the pure sake of it.

They've something in common with VFC then.

Offline Risso

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2005, 10:57:41 AM »
Quote from: "Red Robbo"
Most of the comments on this thread are just criticising for the pure sake of it.

They've something in common with VFC then.

Yeah, Ellis has never done anything worthy of criticism has he?  Hang on, didn't somebody once stand in the election on an "Ellis Out" ticket?  I guess he must have done something bad once then.  Marches and red card protests are futile, but that was going to end with the person concerned representing us in Parliament was it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal