collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fans not going to Cup Final at Wembley  (Read 9121 times)

Offline villa `cross the mersey

Re: Fans not going to Cup Final at Wembley
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2020, 06:46:36 PM »
Should have checked in at the Hotel in Ealing by now, had a few beers and then heading for the Grapes Indian Restaurant for the usual excellent curry ........opted to stay in a very wet and windy Formby and have fish and chips - results have not gone well for us today - lose tomorrow and it  will have been a disappointing weekend  ....time to crack open that bottle of Metaxa left over from Christmas ....CHEERS everyone
Good luck to all those going to the game

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2020, 07:56:48 PM »
Was there in 1994 , 1996, 2000, 2016 and 2018 cant make this one as just can't sit in the City end.
Coming back to Birmingham for the weekend though and hopefully soak up some of the excitement. Been told meeting  in the Clifden in Hockley too watch game any one watched a game in there?

Not sure it has Sky any more... red lion still has.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2020, 08:38:55 PM »
So having monumentallly ballsed up holiday dates (having been quietly happy i’d only be missing Sheffield at home) I’ll be watching in the Hotel 24/7 in Mukono just west of Kampala, possibly with the SC Villa manager (not Head Coach).
It’ll be a pleasant 7.30pm kick off here, I shall fit in a juice cocktail (Melon, mango, pineapple, passion) and some veggie samosas & plate of very fine masala chips, as well as a couple of very cold Nile Specials.
Will probably stay off the match thread unless it’s so bad I need solace....

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2020, 11:38:10 PM »
So having monumentallly ballsed up holiday dates (having been quietly happy i’d only be missing Sheffield at home) I’ll be watching in the Hotel 24/7 in Mukono just west of Kampala, possibly with the SC Villa manager (not Head Coach).
It’ll be a pleasant 7.30pm kick off here, I shall fit in a juice cocktail (Melon, mango, pineapple, passion) and some veggie samosas & plate of very fine masala chips, as well as a couple of very cold Nile Specials.
Will probably stay off the match thread unless it’s so bad I need solace....

If you need solace the match thread is not the place for you!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2020, 01:11:22 AM »
Istanbul M'Lord for me. Messed up holiday booking so flying at 11.10 from BHX and should be on ground in IST in good time to catch the kick off somewhere.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2020, 01:53:30 AM »
Should have checked in at the Hotel in Ealing by now, had a few beers and then heading for the Grapes Indian Restaurant for the usual excellent curry ........opted to stay in a very wet and windy Formby and have fish and chips - results have not gone well for us today - lose tomorrow and it  will have been a disappointing weekend  ....time to crack open that bottle of Metaxa left over from Christmas ....CHEERS everyone

Get a grip, man!  I wouldn't put Metaxa in my tractor! You'll probably wake up to find us in the Play off Final at Wembley. ;)

Online j66acd

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2020, 06:43:53 AM »
Managed to get my first season ticket since Houllier this year so no problems getting a ticket. That was until the Watford game when I celebrated that hard I gave myself a hernia. Had the op last Thursday so my mates had the ticket from me.

I have bruises in places nobody wants bruises 😩

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2020, 07:04:14 AM »
Will be roaring the Villa on from the safety of my living room. Coronavirus has meant that many private clients have cancelled March lessons, conferences and presentations. Uni doesn't start up again until April, also.

Which all in all is great as tomorrow is now a day off. If we win, the celebrations will go on and on. If we lose, well, drowning one's sorrows won't be a massive issue.

We can win this.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2020, 10:00:36 AM »
Off to our local. Will be wearing lucky socks (well, they've been lucky some of the time and certainly were for the PL Final). Wembley's not been a happy hunting ground for me anyway.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2020, 10:18:58 AM »
Anyone in Amsterdam watching it?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2020, 11:28:59 AM »
Is anyone ticketless and planning to watch it in or near Wembley or West London? I wouldn't normally, but I'm starting to feel the need to commune with fellow sufferers. I know there's the Elephant & Castle option but that's effing miles away.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2020, 11:46:39 AM »
Is anyone ticketless and planning to watch it in or near Wembley or West London? I wouldn't normally, but I'm starting to feel the need to commune with fellow sufferers. I know there's the Elephant & Castle option but that's effing miles away.

Get to the Swiss Cottage before Amfy and Jane drink it dry.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2020, 11:48:49 AM »

Get to the Swiss Cottage before Amfy and Jane drink it dry.

Thanks Dave. I might just!

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2020, 05:52:12 PM »

Get a grip, man!  I wouldn't put Metaxa in my tractor! You'll probably wake up to find us in the Play off Final at Wembley. ;)
I usually drink Hine but my current financial plight doesn't  permit such extravagance

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2020, 06:39:25 PM »
First Villa cup final I have missed in my lifetime.  Currently on lock down in Coronavirus Central in Tenerife  If I get it I shall treat myself to a visit to the Sty for a game.  Home end.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 06:41:02 PM by brian green »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal