collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fans not going to Cup Final at Wembley  (Read 9005 times)

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
Fans not going to Cup Final at Wembley
« on: February 21, 2020, 12:07:31 PM »
Tried and failed to get tickets - hey ho gather round the box with the family and cheer the lads on.

The next England game is Friday 27th March vs Italy at Wembley. Barring injury I think this will be Jacks senior England debut.

Tickets are on sale now to the public and I’ve already got mine :-)

Offline cannock villa

Re: Fans not going to Cup Final at Wembley
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 12:11:14 PM »
Me too. First Wembley final was the charity shield in 1981 and not missed one since. UTV

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 12:14:05 PM »
every cup final Ive been since 1974 we have won inc the european cup , every cup final I have not been we have lost ( arse and Chelski , manure 2010  )  , im not going :(

ps I went derby play offs but not fulham
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 12:15:55 PM by JUAN PABLO »

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 12:20:02 PM »
Good shout, I think I'll try and go.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 12:20:50 PM »
I'm not going, having been to only 5 games this season I was way down the criteria. And no I'd rather spend the £125/150 that was the main ticket price left yesterday on seeing us in the remaining league games.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 12:39:01 PM »
Every time I've been to see us in a Final we have lost. I'm not going to this one as I cannot justify the expense at the moment.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 12:40:48 PM »
I'm not going, having been to only 5 games this season I was way down the criteria. And no I'd rather spend the £125/150 that was the main ticket price left yesterday on seeing us in the remaining league games.

Nothing wrong with that. Seeing some tickets online for over £200. Some people are a utter disgrace profiting from other villa fans

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 12:48:36 PM »
Was there in 94, 96, 2000 twice and 2010 twice but haven’t been to any since as I don’t go enough to qualify for tickets. Same again this time.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 12:49:12 PM »
Every time I've been to see us we have lost.

Fixed

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2020, 01:45:41 PM »
I'm working unfortunately so I can't even watch it!

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2020, 02:38:39 PM »
every cup final Ive been since 1974 we have won inc the european cup , every cup final I have not been we have lost ( arse and Chelski , manure 2010  )  , im not going :(

ps I went derby play offs but not fulham

FFS somebody get this man a ticket!

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2020, 02:42:47 PM »
For those based in London, recommend watching with the London Lions.

https://twitter.com/avfclondonlions?lang=en

Will likely be watching at the Tap In, in Elephant & Castle. Always a great turnout.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2020, 03:16:34 PM »
 I was overly optimistic about getting tickets and booked a hotel for the Saturday night ….. Despite our Claret Memberships we have not been to enough games (due to finances and ill health). Was contemplating going down for the craic (like we did for the Derby game) but I cant justify the cost, plus Jnr has lost interest in the Villa. Mrs VCTM suggested we go down and just have a night out in London and then visit relatives in Brum on the way back North …  Looks like I will be going into Liverpool and meeting up with some other ticketless Mersey Villans

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2020, 05:11:28 PM »
I was overly optimistic about getting tickets and booked a hotel for the Saturday night ….. Despite our Claret Memberships we have not been to enough games (due to finances and ill health). Was contemplating going down for the craic (like we did for the Derby game) but I cant justify the cost, plus Jnr has lost interest in the Villa. Mrs VCTM suggested we go down and just have a night out in London and then visit relatives in Brum on the way back North …  Looks like I will be going into Liverpool and meeting up with some other ticketless Mersey Villans

I think it’s because there’s always been a way in the past, but when the number of season ticket holders covers over 90% of the allocation we are in a different ballpark. Loads of the people who have been able to come with us before won’t be there this time.

When I moved up north last year I was going to give up my season ticket and just choose my games because I was confident of a Wembley ticket given past experience of getting tickets for friends and family without season tickets who had attended less games than I ever would......but once we went into those ‘record numbers’, I panicked and renewed and I am glad I did.

Having said that, with just over half a seasons experience of the difficulties of getting to games that get moved to Monday night or even late on Sunday, I am not sure I will do it again. I might just have to take my chances on getting enough games in as a claret member in future and I don’t fancy it!

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2020, 08:09:11 PM »
Hope you have a great time Amfy - I know what you mean about the journey to VP especially for midweek games - Jnr and I gave up on our season tickets after the Arsenal Cup Final for various reasons - my poor health , costs, lack of enjoyment of the football on show and the horrendous motorway journeys - the highlight of the day out was usually the post match balti on the way home - I did attempt to get a season ticket for this season without success - hence the claret membership - which we've barely utilised
If I eventually back into employment I will reappraise my relationship with the club I've supported/followed for over five decades
Give em a shout for me UTV

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal