collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wemberlee bound Villa post match thread  (Read 45122 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Wemberlee bound Villa post match thread
« Reply #300 on: January 29, 2020, 05:06:03 PM »
I wonder how many of the "Smith out" brigade will be clamouring for tickets when Deano proudly leads out the team he has assembled (in a short time and difficult conditions) for the second time in ten months?

All of them that can attend, they support, and want the best for, Aston Villa.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #301 on: January 29, 2020, 05:27:47 PM »
Having lived in Leicestershire for almost 30 years I'm delighted to have got one over the Foxes and I have to say the Leicester fans I know have been magnanimous. This defeat will hit them hard. The fans were longing to go to Wembley and Rogers was determined to get a trophy to demonstrate the progress they have made under him. When the draw was made I was far from positive as Leicester have quality all over the pitch and they outplayed us in December. However, teamwork, organisation and determination got us over the line in the most dramatic and satisfying manner.

Big shot out for our manager. He has improved the concentration and determination so that instead of conceding late goals we are always striving to get a winner. He has managed the transition to a back three well and Konsa and Hause are growing in confidence and assurance. He has fostered a real togetherness in the squad (look for example at Nyland's magnificent performance despite being a fringe player. All of his substitutions last night were well timed and profoundly effective. His joy (and that of those around him) was palpable.

I wonder how many of the "Smith out" brigade will be clamouring for tickets when Deano proudly leads out the team he has assembled (in a short time and difficult conditions) for the second time in ten months?

Everything was nice until that last part. You just couldn't resist. I'd like to call you a bellend, but will refrain, and congratulate you on being a better fan. You must feel so proud today.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #302 on: January 29, 2020, 06:37:56 PM »
A very rare thing this morning.  Myself and Mrs S were heading off for a day out and Mrs S sat in the waiting room at the station as I waited on the platform because I don't like it in there.  When she came out to join me when the train approached she said to me 'see that man there by the bench?' I said yeah, she said 'he's a Leicester supporter'.  I asked her how she knew that, she said 'I heard him talking to someone about last night's match and said when we played Villa before, we went on and won the cup'.  Never seen a Leicester fan around here before.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #303 on: January 29, 2020, 06:47:40 PM »
The only disappointment last night was the balti pie. The pastry had been baked to within an inch of its life.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #304 on: January 29, 2020, 06:50:28 PM »
The only disappointment last night was the balti pie. The pastry had been baked to within an inch of its life.
They need to sort this out.  The pies in the upper Holte are a disgrace.  They've been on the hot bed so long the bottom bit of pastry and about a cm of the filling is a rock hard inedible mess.

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #305 on: January 29, 2020, 07:01:07 PM »
They need to sort this out.  The pies in the upper Holte are a disgrace.  They've been on the hot bed so long the bottom bit of pastry and about a cm of the filling is a rock hard inedible mess.

I sat in the lower Holte and found my balti pie to be just the ticket!! The contents were like lava though, so you do need to aerate it by removing the lid a bit, before scoffing it down.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #306 on: January 29, 2020, 07:04:18 PM »
Having lived in Leicestershire for almost 30 years I'm delighted to have got one over the Foxes and I have to say the Leicester fans I know have been magnanimous. This defeat will hit them hard. The fans were longing to go to Wembley and Rogers was determined to get a trophy to demonstrate the progress they have made under him. When the draw was made I was far from positive as Leicester have quality all over the pitch and they outplayed us in December. However, teamwork, organisation and determination got us over the line in the most dramatic and satisfying manner.

Big shot out for our manager. He has improved the concentration and determination so that instead of conceding late goals we are always striving to get a winner. He has managed the transition to a back three well and Konsa and Hause are growing in confidence and assurance. He has fostered a real togetherness in the squad (look for example at Nyland's magnificent performance despite being a fringe player. All of his substitutions last night were well timed and profoundly effective. His joy (and that of those around him) was palpable.

Everything was nice until that last part. You just couldn't resist. I'd like to call you a bellend, but will refrain, and congratulate you on being a better fan. You must feel so proud today.

Given the amount of shit that's been thrown at those who refused to believe the sky was falling in, I totally agree with what he said. There's a lot of dishing it out and being unable to take it going on.

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #307 on: January 29, 2020, 07:09:15 PM »
Why a brigade? Why not a company or platoon?

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #308 on: January 29, 2020, 07:10:39 PM »
I had to break my self imposed (suggested) exile to share on the glory ! Come on the villa boys ! I mean how good was that !
Oh my ! Still feeling so good! What a match !
Firstly ! Nyland you are a hero and show what hard work is !
Deserve the plaudits.
B) I love Dean Smith !and to a player everyone did it yesterday!

3) speaking if love I have to say the name  Trezeguet  translate in loose french for very homer sexual ! And despite loving my gf dearly I felt love Trezeguet even more than I do after that winner!
Still buzzing !

And let us all sing to the Chorus of  the tune of Irish songstress  Enya  ! And Orinco flow ! "sail away"
But my Chant goes :

Trezeguet !Trezeguet! Trezeguet!

So now it it's time for my Winter break and a re appearance on March 1!
I shall bore off as someone once kindly said to much joy and hoping for all the best for our fantastic club and each and everyone of you in football matters and in life ! And  February love to u all here !!! Please villa just keep winning!
We should be getting 1 or 2 signings on Friday and
Up the fucking villa (sorry ! Just so excited!)

Hi Footy
Glad you enjoyed the game.
Just because you disagree with some people and visa versa doesn't mean you should feel you have to go into exile for two months.  Enjoy the game and enjoy H&V - just undertsand we all sometimes have different views and different styles of posting.
Cheers & UTV

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #309 on: January 29, 2020, 07:12:46 PM »

Maybe they will be a bit more nicer at Wembley.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #310 on: January 29, 2020, 07:13:47 PM »

They'll be a bit more dearerer.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #311 on: January 29, 2020, 07:14:18 PM »
if you dish it out you sometimes got to take it back

I thought Smith had got his team line up spot on last night apart from Nyland in goals
I didn't post on here but I thought he could have been a weak link, instead he was the strongest link

proved me 100% wrong with a quite breathtaking display
Sometimes you just got to hold your hands up

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #312 on: January 29, 2020, 07:14:29 PM »

A lot more expensive I'd imagine!

edit - DW beat me to it.  But glad this important issue is getting the attention it deserves. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 07:16:14 PM by chrisw1 »

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #313 on: January 29, 2020, 07:18:22 PM »

Hi Footy
Glad you enjoyed the game.
Just because you disagree with some people and visa versa doesn't mean you should feel you have to go into exile for two months.  Enjoy the game and enjoy H&V - just undertsand we all sometimes have different views and different styles of posting.
Cheers & UTV

Well said.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #314 on: January 29, 2020, 07:19:00 PM »

Absolutely. I used my free voucher from the Liverpool game to buy a pie for the first time this season. It was absolutely disgusting. A rock hard, burnt mess. I won’t be eating inside the ground again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal