collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Women - Eni Aluko  (Read 35420 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Aston Villa Women - Eni Aluko
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2020, 12:24:15 PM »
An apology of sorts this morning and all traces of any connection with Aston Villa appear to have disappeared from her biog and profile pics.
She apologised for having offended some people but essentially stands by her remarks: "No generalisations or widespread offence was intended. Just a personal opinion on the future economy in this crisis."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52644983

Gobshite.

*not you Hilts, obvs.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2020, 12:28:43 PM »
Love this:

"The tweets that seem to have upset people the most have been deleted. I have no interest in being a source of further public upset."

more like "I have no interest in digging myself further into a hole that might have some far-reaching consequences for my future career"

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2020, 12:28:57 PM »
A big name. Great for the club's profile.

Good luck Eni.

Edit: WTF happened?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 12:31:43 PM by dicedlam »

Offline frank black

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2020, 12:33:49 PM »
What a stupid person she is. I haven’t had a single period of unemployment since I left college and I now find myself furloughed. I absolutely hate every second of it and the constant thoughts going through my head about whether this is furlough or delayed redundancy.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2020, 12:42:29 PM »
Wasn't she the one in the news for another controversy a while ago? I go and watch the Villa ladies a few times, not seen her there yet. Highly spoken of though.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2020, 12:48:51 PM »
What a stupid person she is. I haven’t had a single period of unemployment since I left college and I now find myself furloughed. I absolutely hate every second of it and the constant thoughts going through my head about whether this is furlough or delayed redundancy.

Precisely mate. My wife works at the same company as me, she only joined in Feb after 12 years at the same place, she absolutely loves her new job but it's an internal recruitment role, and all recruitment was ceased by the business with immediate effect when it all kicked off. She's furloughed, and they're topping up her wages so we can't complain, but she's understandably anxious as to if she'll have a job to back to, especially given her trade.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2020, 01:01:50 PM »

Precisely mate. My wife works at the same company as me, she only joined in Feb after 12 years at the same place, she absolutely loves her new job but it's an internal recruitment role, and all recruitment was ceased by the business with immediate effect when it all kicked off. She's furloughed, and they're topping up her wages so we can't complain, but she's understandably anxious as to if she'll have a job to back to, especially given her trade.

Recruitment is going to be bloody hard, best of luck to her.

Offline frank black

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2020, 01:23:44 PM »

These things will always pick up and hopefully we’ll all be back...including the Villa if relegated....god I’m bored though 😂

Offline LeeB

« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2020, 01:32:11 PM »

Thanks Jon.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2020, 03:53:29 PM »
Has she left the club yet?

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2020, 04:02:26 PM »
What a strange time to jump on this by her . It has only just started!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2020, 04:16:34 PM »

Her Twitter profile no longer mentions us, it did yesterday.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2020, 04:32:15 PM »
So dumb. I mean apart from anything else she’s had a go at a quarter of the working population. And she’s done it before there are any reasonable grounds that to suggest anyone is taking the piss more or less than anyone else.

It speaks of existing noxious views on benefits claimants and it’s just thick to mash these two things together.

Offline ColinMac

• GM : 12.05.2021
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2020, 05:06:53 PM »

Her biog still says "Pundit, Sporting Director, Lawyer" so she's still claiming the job title even if she's not got the mentioning the club.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2020, 05:08:20 PM »

Her biog still says "Pundit, Sporting Director, Lawyer" so she's still claiming the job title even if she's not got the mentioning the club.

"Gobshite, former Sporting Director, Gobshite"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal