collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Watford pre-match thread  (Read 15487 times)

Offline frank black

Re: Aston Villa vs Watford pre-match thread
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2020, 12:24:07 PM »
Think Watford will come expecting to win tonight, with their recent form and Pearson motivating them. Stating the obvious but a fast aggressive start essential for us tonight, we need to dent their confidence fairly enough. Tough, nervy night coming up, developing an irrational dislike of Pearson and Watford, a win will sort out my rationality.

Tbf he hasn’t got a likable demeanor. His team could be playing more out of manager fear than anything else( which only works short term)  Comes over as a bit of a bully to me.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2020, 12:26:56 PM »
Our players will come flying out of the traps and VP will be rocking. We need another Everton atmosphere, it's been pretty poor since that night. Even against Man City it was silent even before they scored.

2-0 to us

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2020, 12:37:01 PM »
Think Watford will come expecting to win tonight, with their recent form and Pearson motivating them. Stating the obvious but a fast aggressive start essential for us tonight, we need to dent their confidence fairly enough. Tough, nervy night coming up, developing an irrational dislike of Pearson and Watford, a win will sort out my rationality.

Tbf he hasn’t got a likable demeanor. His team could be playing more out of manager fear than anything else( which only works short term)  Comes over as a bit of a bully to me.

Cleverley said on 5Live the other day that he gave a big team meeting and put the fear into people. Makes me wonder how long that can last.

Watford don't do anything spectacular tactically. Watch for the long diagonal, 3 at the back helps this and make sure we're committed to that second ball break down where their midfield press to enforce that territorial gain.

The effort to close Brighton, harass and compete needs to be happening from the start tonight.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2020, 12:38:15 PM »

Cleverley said on 5Live the other day that he gave a big team meeting and put the fear into people. Makes me wonder how long that can last.

Watford don't do anything spectacular tactically. Watch for the long diagonal, 3 at the back helps this and make sure we're committed to that second ball break down where their midfield press to enforce that territorial gain.

The effort to close Brighton, harass and compete needs to be happening from the start tonight.

Deeney is a bloody menace though and harder to cope with than the Brighton forwards. Containing him will be key.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2020, 12:42:12 PM »
I'm hopeful Mings will be able to deal with him. With Saar outz they've lost an out ball. But Deeney is all about his physical presence and using Kevin Davis style snideyness, that hopefully Mings will be able to combat.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2020, 01:01:16 PM »
Villa win, we have to start winning games, this is an ideal place to start.

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2020, 01:02:54 PM »
Bookies have this closer than the Brighton match and they fkd up last time thankfully. For this one it’s Watford $2.40, Villa $2.80 and a draw $3.30.

I have no idea what this means.

A $1 bet get's you....

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2020, 01:06:09 PM »
Bookies have this closer than the Brighton match and they fkd up last time thankfully. For this one it’s Watford $2.40, Villa $2.80 and a draw $3.30. I’m hoping for a Villa win, whether it happens, we’ll see. Probably watch it on the train to work. Sucks cos if we win, I’ll be buzzing, if we lose just puts a downer on the day. And we lose more than we win these days. 3 pts would be most welcome. Come on Villa!

I have no idea what this means.

It means that if you put £10 on Watford to win then you will lose £10.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2020, 01:09:20 PM »
any type of win please Villa

UTV
The Doc

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2020, 01:10:23 PM »
if he plays a attacking team and we go for it from the off with some confidence we will win

if we don’t and go all scaredy cat we won’t

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2020, 01:21:23 PM »
We need that Everton match atmosphere tonight. We tend to do well when the ground is rocking. Must win and think we will.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2020, 01:27:29 PM »
if he plays a attacking team and we go for it from the off with some confidence we will win

The problem is if we did that, we'd have no forwards to bring on which is possibly why he's leaves at least one attack minded player in Vassilev on the bench and I get that.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2020, 02:05:38 PM »

The problem is if we did that, we'd have no forwards to bring on which is possibly why he's leaves at least one attack minded player in Vassilev on the bench and I get that.

as well as the line up it’s a mentally thing
it’s a Watford they are on a good run but still around us in the table

If we stand off them and sit back we invite pressure and before you know it we are a goal down
I believe we still have enough players even without a recognised striker going forward to cause them trouble if we really have a go at them

if we don’t believe in ourselves tonight and try and keep it tight soak up pressure and nick one late on I think we will lose
that just my opinion though

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2020, 02:25:25 PM »
Win you barstewards!

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2020, 02:33:28 PM »
I can only think this is the biggest match since the play off final in may .
And then we have a major match v Leicester.
Two big matches and then another v Bournemouth that's 3 big matches.
This Watford match is massive.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal