collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brighton Away  (Read 3888 times)

Offline SouthBirminghamVilla

Re: Brighton Away
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 06:57:56 PM »
You can still get trains from London Victoria to Brighton on Saturday but they take around 2 hours.

Offline Kingthing

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2020, 08:28:26 PM »
Does anyone have experience of using the free park and ride at Brighton? I’m driving Saturday so wondered what it’s like.

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2020, 09:20:10 PM »
Direct trains will operate between London Victoria and Worthing / Hove / Brighton via Littlehampton; customers travelling between London and stations between Brighton and Littlehampton are advised to use these trains (please plan your journey by adding “via Littlehampton” under “advanced search”). An all-stations bus service will operate between Three Bridges and Brighton / Lewes. Journey times will be considerably extended, queuing systems will be in place.

Online shirley_villan

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2020, 08:51:14 AM »
You can get a train from Blackfriars as far as Haywards Heath as far as I can tell, but you have to get the replacement bus service there. Ballache.

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2020, 07:17:06 PM »
You can get a train from Blackfriars as far as Haywards Heath as far as I can tell, but you have to get the replacement bus service there. Ballache.

Trains are running from London Victoria to Brighton. Replacement buses are in place to Brighton but only if you are going via certain stations

https://www.southernrailway.com/travel-information/plan-your-journey/planned-engineering-work?date=2020-01-18#engineering-departure-board

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2020, 09:23:38 AM »
One of the London Lions tweeted some of the train operators this week to check the situation and he received the  most complicated reply I've ever seen. Looks like a nightmare. We're alright though, we go as far as Haywards Heath and then Kingthing has organised a stretch limo for a few of us to complete the journey.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2020, 08:22:08 PM »
I have a spare for Saturday.

We'll be at Haywards Heath at 12 or can meet at the ground.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2020, 06:33:53 AM »
A single return has become available for sale.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2020, 06:57:50 AM »
Marlon, the free park and ride is good. Going to the match, there were no problems as people were parking up at different times. Getting the bus was easy. Returning after the match, everybody leaving at the same time created queues for the bus. I must admit to a little creative queue jumping which ensured I got back to my car in good time and the roads were clear for my onward journey.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal