collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 02:21:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:20:52 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Leicester Post Match Thread  (Read 29259 times)

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
Re: Aston Villa v Leicester Post Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: December 08, 2019, 10:25:30 PM »
please,please change it up against sheffield Dean

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #211 on: December 08, 2019, 10:26:14 PM »
Really starting to question DS judgement, we play the quickest forward line in the premiership and he leaves our quickest defender on the bench and plays our slowest defender. Thought Engels did okay when he came on Heaton was excellent and Jack tried to get us moving but at times doing too much, every player except those three were diabolical, mystery as to what's happened to JM he is a shadow of the player at the start of the season. Will someone ask Dean why Hause is never selected cannot fathom that one. The plain truth is that we have some players that are simply not good enough big Wes included but the cupboard is pretty bare looking for replacements. At the moment odds are evens for relegation but lose Grealish for a few weeks and we are down.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2019, 10:28:17 PM »
Mine was at least 20 points by Christmas, it's going to be touch and go. We've lost a lot of ground in recent weeks but we've had a tough run of fixtures mostly against the league's best teams. What counts now is that we pick up some serious points in the next batch of games. If we could start the year on 20+ you'd back us to get to the 36 or so usually needed.

I think Norwich are done. Hopefully, any Watford resurgence is short lived or better still, non-existent. Then it's anyone's. I'd hope Saints are the team but Bournemouth and Burnley are on horrible runs themselves. Could be tight for a number of teams. 

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2019, 10:36:19 PM »
my own target was to be out of the bottom 3 after the Leicester game and we are, just

I'm with ya John, but does that really cut the mustard? I'm not sure tbh, but I doubt our owners will be as acceptant of our present sitch. We're increasingly looking like a side that failed to gain automatic promotion for obvious reasons... 

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2019, 10:56:20 PM »
I’m 50/50 on things. I agree pw that just above the relegation zone heading into a period of ok fixtures and an opportunity to add a striker is good enough.

I also didn’t expect to beat Leicester or Chelsea. What’s worried me is the quality and attitude on show in both those games. Without Heaton having two of his best games for us we could, maybe should, have been done by 5-6 goals in both. The players look tired, ill disciplined (was it 6 yellows today?) and fractious.

Edit - sorry, John not pw

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #215 on: December 08, 2019, 10:56:41 PM »
Played one of the best and established Premier League sides and got a tonking today for sure with below par performances all over the place.
But I’d be far more worried if we get a performance like that on Boxing Day against let’s face it a more comparable level of opposition.
This season I think the reality is that we’re  competing against the bottom half of this league this season.
Not the top half.

Offline Roysmert

« Reply #216 on: December 08, 2019, 10:58:37 PM »
We were awful today, totally lacking in desire, fight, effort, legs and tactically dumb. Sort it out Deano or we, and you, are done for.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #217 on: December 08, 2019, 11:00:46 PM »
We appear to be getting worse, when one would hope, with players settling in, we should be getting better. Massive few games coming up.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2019, 11:00:56 PM »
Fucking hell, I know we were shit today but let's not throw in to doubt everyone and everything over this. They won the league a few years ago, we couldn't even win the championship.

Neither did Sheffield United yet they have 7 more points than us and only narrowly lost to Leicester. I think we've got an excuse for everything to be honest.

So the reality is we are utterly shit and going down? We aren't one of the worst 3 teams in this division. Judging by performances, points or whatever methodology you want to use.

I haven't had that relegation feeling so far this season but ultimately January will have a major bearing on that. I just think with all these losses there's always something to justify why we didn't pick up any points.

Like today, 3-1 down on 49 minutes with almost an entire half to get back into it but nothing. Not going for broke and switching to two-up-top like the opposition, no changes for over 10 minutes after their third goal. Not to mention the starting line-up was highly questionable even before a ball was kicked.

I'm just saying if we had got a goal back in those 25 minutes between their third and fourth, it's a completely different game. Leicester are a very good side but Smith is at fault for the manner we lost.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2019, 11:05:45 PM »
I'd forgotten how much I dislike Sunday afternoon KO's in the prem, particularly in the winter. Travel chaos from start to finish, which set the scene nicely for an abysmal showing.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2019, 11:05:57 PM »
Mings would've cut out that throughball if fully fit imo.

Ridiculous to keep him on.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2019, 11:10:08 PM »
Today's performance was reminiscent of our last time in the division. It's the only time this season that has happened but it was that bad.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2019, 11:12:15 PM »
Today's performance was reminiscent of our last time in the division. It's the only time this season that has happened but it was that bad.

I thought of that 15/16 Liverpool game a few times through the match. Like you say though, thankfully its the only time ive felt that way regarding this season.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2019, 11:21:30 PM »
Aston fucking Villa still have that unfound ability to dictate my mood.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2019, 11:25:25 PM »
my own target was to be out of the bottom 3 after the Leicester game and we are, just

I'm with ya John, but does that really cut the mustard? I'm not sure tbh, but I doubt our owners will be as acceptant of our present sitch. We're increasingly looking like a side that failed to gain automatic promotion for obvious reasons... 

What was the target then? Top half? 12-14th would be a more than decent season in my book especially if we finished 5-10 points clear of bottom 3 in the end.

Just being happy with 17th means the scrap could well go to the last game of the season and I'd rather avoid all that unbearable tension.

Ultimately 100m might seem a lot of money to us but it's pretty much pocket money in premier league. If we're saying we should be finishing high up in the table because of that what about all the established prem teams who've spent double or triple that over the time we've been away.

West Ham and Everton spent double what we have and both are barely above us in the league.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal