collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:21:16 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Leicester Post Match Thread  (Read 29251 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Aston Villa v Leicester Post Match Thread
« Reply #195 on: December 08, 2019, 09:22:08 PM »
Fucking hell, I know we were shit today but let's not throw in to doubt everyone and everything over this. They won the league a few years ago, we couldn't even win the championship. We were as poor as they were good, a bad day, lessons to be learned all round but keep things in perspective. We simply have to apply ourselves better, we are too open with this formation and not clinical enough.

A million times this.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #196 on: December 08, 2019, 09:23:41 PM »
‘Fans’. Lol.

Ha ha yeah!

I remember all those great teams across the world winning trophies left right and centre because ‘fans’ pulled together. ‘Fans’ pulling together never won anything.

Sorry for using the term but glad I amused you. ‘Supporters’, ‘unrealistic moaning negative gits’ whatever suits instead of fans then. The idea that people watching inside the stadium can’t have a positive or negative influence on the team is bizarre. I don’t care if you’ve been going to villa park for 5 mins or 50 years, if you believe none of us helped villa over the line last season then I’m not sure why you bother going if you do go.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2019, 09:27:17 PM »
We’ve played some of the best teams in the world over the last 20 games and have been gubbed once, deservedly, today.

If this time last year, you’d have been offered being beaten at home by the team second in the PL, I’m guessing few would have turned it down?

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2019, 09:29:15 PM »
We’ve played some of the best teams in the world over the last 20 games and have been gubbed once, deservedly, today.

If this time last year, you’d have been offered being beaten at home by the team second in the PL, I’m guessing few would have turned it down?

It's the manner of the capitulation, it could have been 8 or 9. We were utterly hopeless.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #199 on: December 08, 2019, 09:33:27 PM »
Rodgers has managed Liverpool & Celtic two huge football clubs in big,big games. Dean Smith has managed Walsall and Brentford. They have Vardy we have Wesley, nobody expected us to win but at home 4-1 is not good enough, it was the manor of the defeat that was the problem.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #200 on: December 08, 2019, 09:33:45 PM »

We're out of the bottom three on goal difference, and our football's getting worse.  We're conceding 1.75 goals a game on average, and making mistakes all over the park.  And we have Wesley.

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #201 on: December 08, 2019, 09:36:25 PM »
I think you are being overly dramatic, I’d say 6-7

And we could have had another one, which balances things a bit.

They are a fantastic side and we needed to be at our best to match them, as we were nearly, against Liverpool, we were shit and were deservedly hammered today.

Our season won’t be defined against the top 6

Offline PeterWithe

« Reply #202 on: December 08, 2019, 09:39:22 PM »

We're out of the bottom three on goal difference, and our football's getting worse.  We're conceding 1.75 goals a game on average, and making mistakes all over the park.  And we have Wesley.

Plenty to work on but I’m sure we have the right man in charge to turn it around. I’m happy to be here, a year in front of plan.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #203 on: December 08, 2019, 09:42:40 PM »
I thought 0-3 in the pre match thread so I’m really not surprised. We make mistakes and Leicester are the best team in the league for punishing mistakes with their forward line.

My biggest concern is Wesley and Dean Smith inflexibility, it’s cost us dearly this season and we can not afford it now. The next 8 games are make or break now and it’s largely of our own making.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #204 on: December 08, 2019, 09:44:01 PM »
Remember it was only 7 days ago we went toe to toe with Manure and people were disappointed we didn't win. The league is very up and down. We are 17th, which isn't good enough but ultimately this season is about staying up. Taking a dicking by Leicester isn't nice, it's fucking Leicester but we are coming from such a shitty low base that we've got to go through days like this without over thinking things and making drastic demands that aren't good in the long run.

Elmo shouldn't be first team.
Wesley isn't good enough at the moment.
Douglas is too airy fairy.
Hourihane's delivery is too good to turn down.
The lone striker isn't working out.
Engels is easily one of our 2 best center halves.

We got a lot of basics wrong today, starting with the selection. If it keeps on happening then people are right to call in to question what the thinking is behind strange decisions but as it is in a tight league that could have seen us go 12th today and being managed by someone who took over a shambles and somehow got it together I think patience would be a better approach. Especially as we have a series of games which are going to define our season and togetherness is important to get the right result.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #205 on: December 08, 2019, 10:04:37 PM »
I think Albrighton got a decent enough round of applause when he came on.

The bloke next to me was moaning about that, querying why we were clapping a Leicester player.

He got very warm applause when he came on in the Holte upper.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #206 on: December 08, 2019, 10:17:08 PM »
Fucking hell, I know we were shit today but let's not throw in to doubt everyone and everything over this. They won the league a few years ago, we couldn't even win the championship.

Neither did Sheffield United yet they have 7 more points than us and only narrowly lost to Leicester. I think we've got an excuse for everything to be honest.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #207 on: December 08, 2019, 10:20:27 PM »
Comprehensively (and depressingly) dicked by a side that know how to play & thrive in the top division. As much as I like & appreciate him, Dean Smith continues to display a naivety that will get him the sack sooner or later. The minted owners must shirley have got the knives out of the drawers: with a view to getting 'em sharpened pretty bloody soon. We're relegation fodder as it stands. Meh.   

Online aj2k77

« Reply #208 on: December 08, 2019, 10:20:41 PM »
Fucking hell, I know we were shit today but let's not throw in to doubt everyone and everything over this. They won the league a few years ago, we couldn't even win the championship.

Neither did Sheffield United yet they have 7 more points than us and only narrowly lost to Leicester. I think we've got an excuse for everything to be honest.

So the reality is we are utterly shit and going down? We aren't one of the worst 3 teams in this division. Judging by performances, points or whatever methodology you want to use.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #209 on: December 08, 2019, 10:22:01 PM »
my own target was to be out of the bottom 3 after the Leicester game and we are, just

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal