collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Leicester City Match Thread  (Read 28266 times)

Online Nii Lamptey

Re: Aston Villa vs Leicester City Match Thread
« Reply #450 on: December 08, 2019, 03:55:35 PM »
Can everyone take stock before conceding relegation in early December. We've been soundly beaten by one of the best sides in the country if not Europe at the moment.

Had a really bad run of fixtures, and if anyone thinks we WEREN'T going to be in a relegation battle after coming up through the playoffs, you're having yourself on. We've looked good in all but one of the games against teams we are ACTUALLY competing with this season.

That doesn't mean there haven't been poor mistakes from players and management today - but can we get a bit realistic
Sorry mate, but this is blind optimism. We’ve played almost all of the other sides in the league, spent the GDP of a small country, and are hovering around the bottom three.
I’d be optimistic and a little more patience, if I could see at least small improvements in performance, team selection and subs, but frankly, we’re not. If anything we’re going backwards.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #451 on: December 08, 2019, 03:58:24 PM »
Can everyone take stock before conceding relegation in early December. We've been soundly beaten by one of the best sides in the country if not Europe at the moment.

Had a really bad run of fixtures, and if anyone thinks we WEREN'T going to be in a relegation battle after coming up through the playoffs, you're having yourself on. We've looked good in all but one of the games against teams we are ACTUALLY competing with this season.

That doesn't mean there haven't been poor mistakes from players and management today - but can we get a bit realistic
Sorry mate, but this is blind optimism. We’ve played almost all of the other sides in the league, spent the GDP of a small country, and are hovering around the bottom three.
I’d be optimistic and a little more patience, if I could see at least small improvements in performance, team selection and subs, but frankly, we’re not. If anything we’re going backwards.

Bet you weren’t saying that last Sunday. We were crap today and on Wednesday, against 2 of the top 4, but, as PWS posted elsewhere, the next 12 games with the exception of Citeh and Spurs are all against our rivals. That will make or break us as well as strengthening in Jan.

Offline Sdwbvf

« Reply #452 on: December 08, 2019, 04:04:21 PM »
And Spurs aren't Leicester either. The thing that's made me most cross today I'd reading this doom laden trope on here.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal