collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by danno
[Today at 10:45:22 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:44:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by TaxDodger
[Today at 10:39:55 AM]

Champions League Contention by Dave P
[Today at 10:31:00 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Drummond
[Today at 10:29:27 AM]

Robin Olsen by Goldenballs
[Today at 10:28:09 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Ads
[Today at 10:04:48 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:31:35 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Digbeth Dining Club  (Read 5245 times)

Offline exigo

Re: Digbeth Dining Club
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2019, 12:22:27 PM »
Me and a mate have been saying for years they need to get rid of the car parking behind the Holte End and convert it into a giant fanzone with stuff like DDC and a few more bars and eateries. I realise the biggest issue is licensing but surely as it’s well contained with walls/gates etc it could be managed.
Where does the car parking go?

Under said food park? It would be even easier to build over it but I don’t think we’d want to block site lines. It’s already a bit raised isn’t it?
A monumental task including excavating the whole car park to at least 10 metres! Then tunnels for entrance /exit. Where would you put them? It would be a bonkers thing to do. Ain't gonna happen. Let's just wait and see what they come up with at the other end of the ground. That's where any reevelopment's are going to happen.

I'd imagine the club will factor it into the expected North Stand redevelopment, and put an underground level into the car park at that end.

Offline avfc456

Re: Digbeth Dining Club
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2019, 03:13:15 PM »
I hope this takes off and the club sticks with it as I think its a great idea, the beer and food stalls at Bristol City and Everton to name two grounds with fan areas have improved my matchday experience, its good to have people at the club thinking a bit more outside the box

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal