collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 469143 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #2475 on: January 15, 2020, 11:35:34 AM »
I shudder when I see a Villa player whose name begins with Drink.  And a battering ram centre forward whose name begins with Slim.  Is there a wide man called Chance we can team him up with?
Given that 'Slimani' comes from 'Suleiman', which means 'man of peace' this would enable us to give 'Peace' a 'Chance'. And that is surely what we need at the Villa.

Well our last piece of silverware was the Peace Cup.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2476 on: January 15, 2020, 12:23:49 PM »
Vida, N'Zonzi and Slimani all look like tough buggers who would be up for the scrap. Certainly would push our average height up a little.

Reina
Vida - Mings - Hause
Guilbert - N'Zonzi - Drinkwater - Targett
El Ghazi - Slimani - Jack
I don't like the look of that team at all. Hause's distribution is terrible right now. Drinkwater is way off the pace and according to Garry Thompson on WM yesterday Reina looked like a tub of lard when he saw him play recently. I am up for Nzonzi though and i think he would give us some much needed bite but out of our choices i'd have to stick with either Nkamba or Luiz in mf.

As much as I like Thompson and as much as I doubt the conditioning of a 37 year old goalie who has barely played in years, I very much doubt Garry Thompson saw Reina play away against Genoa in October and paid particular notice to his physical condition.

File under hype and bullshit.
Ok maybe he didn't see him playing. I might of misheard him. It was along the lines of "last time i saw him he looked like Pepe Reina had eaten Pepe Reina". Don't know why Garry Thompson ex-Villa player who seems to have an affection for the club would make that up.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #2477 on: January 15, 2020, 12:34:17 PM »
Vida, N'Zonzi and Slimani all look like tough buggers who would be up for the scrap. Certainly would push our average height up a little.

Reina
Vida - Mings - Hause
I don't like the look of that team at all. Hause's distribution is terrible right now. Drinkwater is way off the pace and according to Garry Thompson on WM yesterday Reina looked like a tub of lard when he saw him play recently. I am up for Nzonzi though and i think he would give us some much needed bite but out of our choices i'd have to stick with either Nkamba or Luiz in mf.

As much as I like Thompson and as much as I doubt the conditioning of a 37 year old goalie who has barely played in years, I very much doubt Garry Thompson saw Reina play away against Genoa in October and paid particular notice to his physical condition.

Ok maybe he didn't see him playing. I might of misheard him. It was along the lines of "last time i saw him he looked like Pepe Reina had eaten Pepe Reina". Don't know why Garry Thompson ex-Villa player who seems to have an affection for the club would make that up.

No idea. But unless Villa have done extensive photoshop work on the photos and videos of Reina's signing, Garry Thompson ex-Villa player needs a new pair of glasses.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 12:35:49 PM by SheffieldVillain »

Online The Edge

« Reply #2478 on: January 15, 2020, 12:41:23 PM »

Reina
Vida - Mings - Hause

No idea. But unless Villa have done extensive photoshop work on the photos and videos of Reina's signing, Garry Thompson ex-Villa player needs a new pair of glasses.
I really hope he is wrong and/or bullshitting but i definitely heard him say it on last nights show.A fit Pepe Reina will be a fantastic asset in our fight to beat the drop.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2479 on: January 15, 2020, 12:46:30 PM »
Was it definitely "fit", not "fat"?

Online Holy Trinity

« Reply #2480 on: January 15, 2020, 12:53:14 PM »
I have a feeling we are being held to ransom by all the clubs we are trying to buy from. Even for loan fees!

We do have money to spend but not a lot apparently. We have about 25mil in the kitty unless we can ship someone out and I think we are trying to make the most of our limited funds.

Worryingly it doesn't seem dean has all that much to do with most of our transfers unless UK based. I just dont trust Suso

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #2481 on: January 15, 2020, 01:12:49 PM »
If we line up against Brighton without a striker, any kind of bloody striker, I'll be very worried.  I'd even start Vassilev if we had to.

Online The Edge

« Reply #2482 on: January 15, 2020, 01:14:19 PM »
Was it definitely "fit", not "fat"?
"fat"

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2483 on: January 15, 2020, 02:45:07 PM »
If we line up against Brighton without a striker, any kind of bloody striker, I'll be very worried.  I'd even start Vassilev if we had to.

Are the club going plug the line that Jonathan Kodjia is still poorly? Fuck me, two weeks later!

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #2484 on: January 15, 2020, 03:13:11 PM »
Surely he starts at the weekend. Frustrating as he is, he is capable of nicking a goal.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #2485 on: January 15, 2020, 03:17:43 PM »
My guess is that Kodjia will be out of the squad again. Either Vassilev starts or it's a combination of our attacking midfielders again (likely the latter).

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #2486 on: January 15, 2020, 03:33:11 PM »
Tick tock, tick ............

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #2487 on: January 15, 2020, 03:34:20 PM »
Give vass a start if no striker. Its wierd as i am sure jota was played up front by Smith at brentford?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2488 on: January 15, 2020, 03:36:55 PM »
A loan offer to Leicester for Slim Shady.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2489 on: January 15, 2020, 03:47:47 PM »
A loan offer to Leicester for Slim Shady.

He's 6'2 and N'Zonzi is 6'5. Apparently we are trying to get a little taller

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal