collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa Pre-Match  (Read 14777 times)

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Aston Villa Pre-Match
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 08:25:35 AM »
I'd take four points from the next two games. I think a draw in this one, although if we play with the same intensity as Saturday, we could do better than that.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2019, 08:43:52 AM »
2-1 Villa.

Boly is a big miss for them, and we need to keep Jota quiet.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2019, 10:59:10 AM »
Normally I would never give the deluded denizens of Mordor a second thought but with all the minding of gaps and levels bollocks, it would be extremely satisfying to see us pull their smeggy, shit-encrusted pants down and spank them to high heaven.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2019, 11:05:51 AM »
I'm going for a 2-1 Villa win.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2019, 11:14:43 AM »
Hmmm. Got a nasty feeling that we're going to be looking at Newcastle for our next result.

2-1 Wolves.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2019, 11:34:38 AM »
They are in decent form, were the better side at Arsenal last weekend. Have we faced wing backs this season yet? Presume we have just can't recall the specific game. Smith was impressed by our wide men last weekend so it will be interesting how he fits them in with Grealish returning. Maybe it's McGinn that needs a game out.

I didn't see our last two games, how has Luiz done? Getting plenty of chances but going on reports here and elsewhere, it doesn't appear as if he has nailed the starting spot next to Nakamba yet.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2019, 11:47:40 AM »
Luiz isn’t going to oust Nakamba any day soon. His best contribution in the short term could be from the subs bench.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2019, 11:58:03 AM »
They are in decent form, were the better side at Arsenal last weekend. Have we faced wing backs this season yet? Presume we have just can't recall the specific game. Smith was impressed by our wide men last weekend so it will be interesting how he fits them in with Grealish returning. Maybe it's McGinn that needs a game out.

I didn't see our last two games, how has Luiz done? Getting plenty of chances but going on reports here and elsewhere, it doesn't appear as if he has nailed the starting spot next to Nakamba yet.

Nakamba and Luiz is a decent midfield pairing and Nakamba in particular has been very good recently. However can't see anything beyond McGinn - Grealish - Nakamba at present for a 3 man midfield.

No great worries if Luiz needs to be included for whatever reason to replace any unavailable midfielder as Saturday against Liverpool demonstrated pretty well.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2019, 12:21:17 PM »

Nakamba and Luiz is a decent midfield pairing and Nakamba in particular has been very good recently. However can't see anything beyond McGinn - Grealish - Nakamba at present for a 3 man midfield.

No great worries if Luiz needs to be included for whatever reason to replace any unavailable midfielder as Saturday against Liverpool demonstrated pretty well.

Middle three of Luiz, Nakamba and McGinn

Front three of Grealish, Wesley and Trez/El Ghazi.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2019, 12:22:56 PM »
Another tough game, but one which looks a lot more like a must-win than the previous two so in one sense trickier (though in no other senses). The stereotype of them is that they do well against top half sides who attack them and less well against lower half sides who block them. We look like a lower half side who'll attack them, and away from home at that, so it doesn't necessarily look good. On the other hand, we've shown that we can counter-attack with the best of them in this division, which happens to be their Achilles' heel as well. If we have Jack back, I back us to get a result.

Offline levico

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2019, 12:50:48 PM »
I think ‘plucky loser syndrome’ will strike again.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2019, 12:52:58 PM »
And our starting 11 is better than theirs. Which must drive them into a frenzy. We'll see on Sunday, anyhow.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2019, 01:22:50 PM »
Hard to call, this one. Both sides are more than capable of winning and playing well.

I have to say my previous ambivalence/goodwill towards them has all but evaporated after seeing their fans on social media. I know they will point the finger back at us for something Bruce said but about them. I don't expect them to like us or respect us, but I didn't imagine they would drop straight into the same sort of behavior as Blues and Albion. Everyone else around this region seems to have to relate everything they do in the light of what Villa are doing.

1-2 Villa.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2019, 02:31:02 PM »
Wolves are playing tonight so hopefully that has a bearing

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2019, 03:26:48 PM »
I remember when we used to do them a favour and boost there revenue every pre-season. I dont think you'll find a more peculiar set of fans anywhere in the Country.

The ones who troll the avfc hashtag on Twitter are a strange collection of inbred gamer-boys and virgins 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal