collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Taking kids  (Read 4598 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Taking kids
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2019, 10:00:45 AM »
There was a drunk lady who appeared behind us 2nd half. Directly behind my four year old and leaving forward C-bombing left right and centre.

I'm a swearer at the football, but if I can go two hours without uttering one in front of children, it shouldn't be beyond the wit of somebody in close proximity to mind their language a bit.

You know by 9 or 10 they know all the words anyway, but its courtesy.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2019, 10:30:57 AM »
This is an interesting thread. I’m realising what we’ve seen so far maybe isn’t as representative as I thought/grudgingly accepted. Maybe we’ve just been unlucky enough to sit next to dick heads. What I’ve heard hasn’t been the odd lapse, it’s been constant foul mouthed chuntering. At her first game we were sat near a woman with a little 5-6 year old lad. I thought there might be a bit of parental solidarity until I heard her tell him to ‘get your fuckin arse here’!

I haven’t called anyone out, tempting as it was, because it felt like that would be worse for her but I was 50/50 and I think you’re damned either way. Fair pay for speaking up Mike.

It’s a great idea about expanding the family area. It’s been night on impossible to get seats there so far. You’d think they’d tie something in with cubs membership. Presumably they are looking at the demographics of the higher attendanceS and it would seem an obvious win for boosting gates if they aren’t putting off the likes of mike and his lad, which is actually pretty shameful. 

In the meantime any tips on where is safest excluding family area? We’ve been in every area except the holte as that seemed the obvious place to avoid but I haven’t noticed a big difference. She does like to be lower to the pitch which I’m now thinking is the issue.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2019, 10:42:34 AM »
The most cringeworthy chants that I hear coming off the terraces are the 'your support is f***** s***' and the 'you're f***** s***' ones.  What is that makes 10,000 or so grown men want to 'sing' this?  What is the point of it?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 10:57:58 AM by Flamingo Lane »

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2019, 10:55:18 AM »
With the Holte End selling out for every game the more noisy element will be dotted around in the two side stands, I believe there should be room for both those and kids. Maybe extend the family zone?

Offline themossman

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2019, 11:03:38 AM »
It seems to be younger fans by and large, probably the kind of guys who are obsessed with Konsa’s penis. Personally I think anyone who knowingly drops a c bomb near a kid knows they are being shitty and is at major risk of getting lamped, and fully deserving it.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2019, 11:16:41 AM »
It's just having resepect and adopting to your surroundings, it's a society issue. I sit in the Holte End and will sing and swear and stand up.If I'm in the Trinity I'll sit there and enjoy the game and applaud / jump up when we score.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2019, 11:27:05 AM »
I really do hate the attitude of "It's football so I can do what I like" - usually from people who are the first to complain when they get treated badly. 

Offline IMI worker

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2019, 11:33:45 AM »
Football is someone`a identity, that can mean swearing, aggression and masculinity.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2019, 11:57:23 AM »
I am sorry but when you sit in a ground where on occasions it seems like the whole ground sings "fuck the Albion" and similar  songs containing  the F word aimed towards the opposition fans, players , managers and now days VAR there is no family zone left. Children have sharp ears and they pick all that up.
However someone sitting behind your kid calling the ref a c*** is totally unacceptable.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2019, 11:58:21 AM »
Football is someone`a identity, that can mean swearing, aggression and masculinity.
Welcome to the forum. Do you still work at IMI? ;)

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2019, 12:07:16 PM »

Funny you mention identity, is this your third in 24 hours or am I mistaken?

Offline themossman

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2019, 12:11:19 PM »
I really do hate the attitude of "It's football so I can do what I like" - usually from people who are the first to complain when they get treated badly.

Spot on. People with kids at games accept they have to use a bit of discretion about where they sit and some tolerance about the behaviour of other fans given the environment they are in. It’s not too much to ask for some consideration the other way round.

Also I don’t see what’s masculine about singing songs about Konsa’s knob or shouting obscenities at someone going about their job, and I’m not especially woke.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2019, 12:13:53 PM »
We all get emotional at football matches but if someone asks you to mind your language in front of their kid and you respond like that then you're just an arsehole.

I hope your boy can be persuaded to go back soon, Mike. He is absolutely not a wuss and you've every right to be angry.

Offline frank black

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2019, 12:21:56 PM »
Tough one this, there’s no avoiding F###s, Wan@@r, sh&t and b@ll&$k..

It’s being yelled from everywhere (I sit with my kids in the family zone) , so to an extent you have to accept it. Or choose not to bring the kids.

Footballs always been a very sweary environment. Hope you lad is OK, my two are now of the age where they know more swear words than I do.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2019, 12:26:41 PM »
Mike, it's possible that part of your boy being upset was that he saw you were upset.  I wouldn't mind betting that he'll soon be asking you when the next game is.  From my experience yesterday it might be worth you trying the Upper North Stand as another option next time if you can't get in the family area.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 01:09:46 PM by Flamingo Lane »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal