collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa v Liverpool pre-match thread  (Read 13910 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Villa v Liverpool pre-match thread
« on: October 31, 2019, 10:19:53 AM »
It’s one of those days when you know what being back in the Premier League is all about. We’ll have Scandinavians, Devonians, Irish, Welsh and the occasional Scouser milling round the ground asking all sorts of daft questions and wanting to know what Shanks would have said. There’ll be press coverage before, cameras during and inquests after. We will, to put it bluntly, be getting be sort of attention we deserve and whether that’s a good thing or you’d rather still be in the Championship is up to you. Liverbastardpool have got a good team now, admittedly not as good as they or the BBC would have you believe, but it’s still more than enough to respect. Jurgen Klopp still look like the head digital programmer of a 1974 Krautrock band, James Milner deserves a good reception and their under-23s coach is named Neil Critchley, which seems a bit out of place but he is from Crewe. 

I suppose we have to face facts – they’re better than us and anything get from this game will be bonus. It surely can’t be as bad as the last time they played here, which isn’t saying much. And once it’s happened it won’t have to happen again this season, hardly. There you go - there’s always something to be optimistic about if you look hard enough.   

Things newfooty fans won’t know – A time when Liverpool winning the title wasn’t seen as a victory for the plucky underdogs. It still wasn’t any less annoying though.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Villa v Liverpool pre-match thread
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 10:33:11 AM »
As is the case with Smith we will not park the bus and hope to nick one but instead will set up to attempt to win the game.
Where Man City are devastating going forward but suspect at the back Liverpool are very good at both ends and in the middle - this will be a tough game even if we are really up for it

Would take a score draw now

1-1

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 10:37:15 AM »
And as Dave states - these have more tourist fans than any other, including United.
Expect to see them in all parts of the ground, especially kids in 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' shirts with their Villa supporting Dads  >:(

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 10:37:33 AM »
Yes  so excited!!  I'm going!! To actually be there !! to this one , my gf is a Liverpool fan. She is not from Liverpool!
We are both disappointing that maybe Grealish and Salah won't be playing but fortunately will be kept warm as we are able to have special  seating arrangement!
I hope to take in atmosphere and hope for a positive result ! I like it's the tradionally 3pm kick off!
My group will be staying by peace gardens  from tommorow eve and I hope to get a new the new villa shirt from the club shop Saturday ! I don't think I will have a name because of cost but excited all round !!
I think maybe we can stop Liverpool because they have been trailing last 2 league matches and they are like haveing to lose at some point!!
2-1
McGinn and El Ghazi!
Up the villa !

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 10:39:04 AM »
That's the way, footy. Enjoy.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 10:44:47 AM »
It seems like a good opportunity (to me) for us to finally roll them over at VP. When it takes place is anybody's guess atm, but it will clearly favour the team who stick out a strong side: or not, as the case may well be. I bloody knew we'd draw them, but at least we're at home & aren't facing the prospect of inevitably getting rolled over by Oxford away...

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 10:47:11 AM »
D 1-1

Offline Smoke

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 10:49:30 AM »
It seems like a good opportunity (to me) for us to finally roll them over at VP. When it takes place is anybody's guess atm, but it will clearly favour the team who stick out a strong side: or not, as the case may well be. I bloody knew we'd draw them, but at least we're at home & aren't facing the prospect of inevitably getting rolled over by Oxford away...

Erm, You going to tell them or am I?

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 10:51:30 AM »
Hate is a strong word and I use it rarely, but I hate Liverpool and everything about them, they are a little more likeable now that the insufferable bore Steven Gerrard has fucked off to manage in non league football.

Fuck the fuckers 2-1 Villa.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2019, 10:52:46 AM »

Nah, fill yer boots bab. I'm in the middle of dying my hair. ;)

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2019, 10:54:06 AM »
What have they done to our (get over it, never coming back, been eight years, etc.) James Milner's head?? I'm sure when he played for us, it, his neck and his torso were separate body parts. Bastards.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2019, 10:58:30 AM »
What have they done to our (get over it, never coming back, been eight years, etc.) James Milner's head?? I'm sure when he played for us, it, his neck and his torso were separate body parts. Bastards.

It's the Nivea For Men effect. Obviously.  :o

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2019, 11:57:29 AM »
When it takes place is anybody's guess atm...

Nah, fill yer boots bab. I'm in the middle of dying my hair. ;)

My guess is Saturday at 3:00.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2019, 12:05:52 PM »
Liverpool have the worst away support in the PL.

Jester hats, pissed up Irish blokes, pretend scousers, the lot.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2019, 12:12:24 PM »
5-1 Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal