collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: League Cup Quarter-Final - Liverpool at home  (Read 37415 times)

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 18.05.2020
Re: League Cup Quarter-Final - Liverpool at home
« Reply #375 on: November 23, 2019, 05:32:23 PM »
You'd get more than 23,000 for the League Cup .

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #376 on: November 23, 2019, 05:33:28 PM »
It's about 34k for the LC final.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #377 on: November 24, 2019, 07:23:39 AM »
Looks like only around 20k tickets sold after season ticket holders have had their window and members have had a couple of days aswell. As predicted, the club have royally messed up with the prices and it looks like it will be a sub 30k crowd. Three home games at the most expensive time of year and they make the prices 33 in some areas for a reserve game, baffling.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #378 on: November 24, 2019, 09:26:41 AM »
Looks like only around 20k tickets sold after season ticket holders have had their window and members have had a couple of days aswell. As predicted, the club have royally messed up with the prices and it looks like it will be a sub 30k crowd. Three home games at the most expensive time of year and they make the prices 33 in some areas for a reserve game, baffling.

It's not a reserve game but the prices should be lower.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #379 on: November 24, 2019, 11:13:41 AM »

It's not a reserve game but the prices should be lower.
Should be 20 quid a ticket to make sure the ground is full. And if you look at the other thread about customer services it's quite a worrying trend.Someone needs to get a grip of things at VP pronto before we lose the momentum that's bult up over the last few months.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : 21.01.2017
« Reply #380 on: November 24, 2019, 11:18:17 AM »
Liverpool may be playing stiffs, but that doesn't mean Villa will be. I hope we go with a strong line up to bag the semi place.

The prices are another matter. The club have simply got it wrong on this occasion.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : 02.01.2021
« Reply #381 on: November 24, 2019, 11:56:40 AM »
Would people prefer to pay the 30 if they were almost guaranteed to see us getting our pants pulled down by their first choice eleven?

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #382 on: November 24, 2019, 11:59:07 AM »
Would people prefer to pay the 30 if they were almost guaranteed to see us getting our pants pulled down by their first choice eleven?

Good point. I think it would still sell out however.

Offline Flin5tone

« Reply #383 on: November 30, 2019, 10:44:20 AM »
Still looks like nobody's buying tickets for this one, was expecting a flash sale yesterday, but nothing. I think wr may struggle to get 25k, 500 seats + in most blocks of the Holte End

Offline manic-road

« Reply #384 on: November 30, 2019, 11:06:11 AM »
The club have definitely overpriced this game, I'm still going but 10 for a fairly local derby followed by a 30 ticket for the next round against Plops youth team is ridiculous.

A full house would help the team more.

Offline Davkaus

« Reply #385 on: November 30, 2019, 06:21:12 PM »
Still looks like nobody's buying tickets for this one, was expecting a flash sale yesterday, but nothing. I think wr may struggle to get 25k, 500 seats + in most blocks of the Holte End

Given how hard it's been to get tickets this season, I thought it'd still get close to a sell out, and I suspect the club did as well. It's going to be by far the flattest atmosphere of the season, which is a bit depressing for a QF.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #386 on: November 30, 2019, 08:39:18 PM »

In fairness though 30 for world class players like Salah and Mane on display is a bit different to 30 for Brewster and whoever else normally plays for their U-23s.

Offline Bobby Boy

« Reply #387 on: November 30, 2019, 09:45:53 PM »

In fairness though 30 for world class players like Salah and Mane on display is a bit different to 30 for Brewster and whoever else normally plays for their U-23s.

I understand your point but did you see Salah in the league game at our place?Shockingly poor. Hauled off after an hour. Thought they were playing his doppelganger.... Liverpool can play who they want. I just want us to get through and be 180 minutes from a final.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #388 on: November 30, 2019, 11:11:33 PM »
33 is a pricing error for this one, I'm afraid.

For all the 'we're playing a full side, I'm going to watch us' argument (which is a fair shout), ultimately people know Liverpool don't really care about it, and close to xmas, I understand why there's not much interest in a moribund competition.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #389 on: December 01, 2019, 10:45:59 AM »
Has this gone to general sale now? I thought it was about a weeks time.