collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 11:25:52 AM]

Re: FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:10 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester City v Villa pre-match thread  (Read 21127 times)

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Manchester City v Villa pre-match thread
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2019, 11:04:21 AM »
1-1 Draw for me.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2019, 11:06:40 AM »
1-1 Draw for me.

That'd feel like Christmas. Would be great.

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2019, 11:52:03 AM »
I expect us to lose. Score, create a few opportunities and keep them to less than four would probably be the par result. 

Offline Perthvillan

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2019, 12:05:33 PM »
Davis would be a good option to start and playing both Marvellous and Luiz might work.
We really should be looking to get at them though they are a bit fragile at the back right now and attack could be the best form of defence.
Going for a 2-2 draw more out of hope that reality.
UTV

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2019, 12:37:26 PM »
Davis would be a good option to start and playing both Marvellous and Luiz might work.
We really should be looking to get at them though they are a bit fragile at the back right now and attack could be the best form of defence.
Going for a 2-2 draw more out of hope that reality.
UTV

We need good passers in this game to have any chance of surviving it, and Luiz's passing looked highly suspect to me when he came on against Brighton. Sure, he's got a sweet right cannon, but his awareness and team play just seem to be missing at the minute. I think I'd start with Hourihane ahead of him (which I never thought I'd be saying in a game like this, but there it is) and would just hope that Marvelous doesn't let the ball pass him by as often as he did vs Brighton.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 12:46:57 PM by AsTallAsLions »

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2019, 12:57:31 PM »
             Heaton
Freddy, Engels, Mings, Targett
            Luiz, Marv
  McGinn, Connor, Jack
             Wesley

Offline KRS

« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2019, 02:30:41 PM »
I presume there aren’t any clauses in Luiz contract preventing him from playing considering his signing was touted as being some kind of bespoke loan deal in the summer?

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2019, 02:58:56 PM »
Well into the Bermuda Triangle of Manchester where many a half decent Villa outfit have disappeared without trace. Our record at the Etihad is almost as embarrassing as that at OT so I’m not hopeful, anything 3-0 or under and the moral victory will be ours.

That Etihad League record in full:

Played 13
Won 1
Drawn 0
Lost 12
Goals for 8
Goals against 39

We’ve also lost 2 FA Cup games there as well but have the “glory” of the Paul Lambert inspired 4-2 stuffing we handed them in the League Cup.

Well and truly our bogey club and ground.

If you’re going, enjoy.

I'm sure we drew up there once.  A 2-2 with Gary Gardner scoring.    (edit - I am thinking of the 3-2 loss which was probably an impressive result! And Tom Cleverley)

We should have won that game. At least a point would have been fair.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2019, 03:29:08 PM »
Well into the Bermuda Triangle of Manchester where many a half decent Villa outfit have disappeared without trace. Our record at the Etihad is almost as embarrassing as that at OT so I’m not hopeful, anything 3-0 or under and the moral victory will be ours.

That Etihad League record in full:

Played 13
Won 1
Drawn 0
Lost 12
Goals for 8
Goals against 39

We’ve also lost 2 FA Cup games there as well but have the “glory” of the Paul Lambert inspired 4-2 stuffing we handed them in the League Cup.

Well and truly our bogey club and ground.

If you’re going, enjoy.

I'm sure we drew up there once.  A 2-2 with Gary Gardner scoring.    (edit - I am thinking of the 3-2 loss which was probably an impressive result! And Tom Cleverley)

We should have won that game. At least a point would have been fair.

We were brilliant that day, but were totally undone by having Brad Guzan in goal. Jack in particular was ace, I'm sure he nutmegged David Silva at one point.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2019, 05:56:32 PM »
Someday a team is going to turn up at man city and give them a right twatting. The dream is it will be us. It's the hope that kills you not the results.
Didn't Barcahampton do that in Citeh's lat home league game?

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2019, 06:48:16 PM »
I understand anything other than a defeat is seen as a bonus but I don't go with this free hit talk as such.
They are good, very very good and have brushed us aside with ease plenty of times. But that was when we were on the way down, now we are on the way up.
We are in the same division as them by right. The team should be brave, savour the challenge, be willing to take a chance and who knows ?

Up the Villa.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2019, 06:50:08 PM »
I understand anything other than a defeat is seen as a bonus but I don't go with this free hit talk as such.
They are good, very very good and have brushed us aside with ease plenty of times. But that was when we were on the way down, now we are on the way up.
We are in the same division as them by right. The team should be brave, savour the challenge, be willing to take a chance and who knows ?

Up the Villa.

Whilst we as fans might be pessimistic, I’m sure the managers and players will go there with that attitude.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2019, 06:54:58 PM »

Up the Villa.

That's the spirit! 

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2019, 07:59:59 PM »
If the dingles can win there ,then we have a glimmer of hope. There again we are Aston Villa.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2019, 08:22:51 PM »
I'd be very tempted to start with Davis as City may be playing people out of position in the centre of defence, or players just back from injury and Davis would be more of a bully than Wes and would hold it up better too, which is gonna be important as we will be under pressure for long periods. I can see Luis starting ahead of Hourihane for his defensive work and will no doubt have something to prove too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal