collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Lsvilla
[Today at 11:27:45 AM]

Robin Olsen by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 11:27:41 AM]

Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 11:26:15 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Lsvilla
[Today at 11:22:37 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:18 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by VillaTim
[Today at 11:18:13 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by Nev
[Today at 11:16:38 AM]

Ollie Watkins by andyh
[Today at 10:53:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jose... hope this is wrong...  (Read 8611 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Jose... hope this is wrong...
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2019, 09:12:25 AM »
Has skillz been bullied off again?  I don't get why people get so indignant by harmless if unorthodox posters. Just scroll on by...

I agree. There have been a few daft sods of late but that's the internet for you. What's the desired goal in chasing away anyone who's a bit different - an echo chamber?

Nobody's chasing anybody away.  People can post what they want, and people can post in response to that.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 09:19:26 AM »
The least connected to reality of any post in H&V history.
Apart from one that said “Blues will win this one at Villa Park” a couple of years ago.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2019, 09:48:54 AM »
Has skillz been bullied off again?  I don't get why people get so indignant by harmless if unorthodox posters. Just scroll on by...

I agree. There have been a few daft sods of late but that's the internet for you. What's the desired goal in chasing away anyone who's a bit different - an echo chamber?

Nobody's chasing anybody away.  People can post what they want, and people can post in response to that.

I mostly agree, in particular, if you're going to post criticism of players or managers you're going to have people disagree with you and sometimes, if the opinion you post is particularly extreme, that might feel like a dog pile as lots of people respond to you. No one chased skillz off but a lot of people found some of his posts about Wesley to be completely unfair and called him out on it. You're much more likely to get an echo chamber if people feel they can't disagree for fear of upsetting someone.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2019, 09:56:32 AM »
The OP finds a link to Mourinho on a football board in an off topic section of a film website and panics.

I hope no-one ever posts anything vaguely ITK in our film thread. That could break the internet.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2019, 10:13:12 AM »

I mostly agree, in particular, if you're going to post criticism of players or managers you're going to have people disagree with you and sometimes, if the opinion you post is particularly extreme, that might feel like a dog pile as lots of people respond to you. No one chased skillz off but a lot of people found some of his posts about Wesley to be completely unfair and called him out on it. You're much more likely to get an echo chamber if people feel they can't disagree for fear of upsetting someone.

Being vaguely respectful of another person's right to an opinion doesn't necessarily equate to agreeing. You can disagree with someone - even strongly so - without resorting to "haha look at this guy over here who doesn't toe the line, what a div" or some such variation. Not that I think you do that personally, but there's a tendency on here for people to come circling when they smell blood in the water.

Also, equally, people can choose not to comment - as eamonn has said, there's really no need to always have a go. It tends to be the same people again and again, which tells me more about them than the various people they're piling on.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2019, 10:27:43 AM »
The only thing I agree with in his statement is that our owners are not here to waste there money, if Dean does not deliver the right results, then we will have new manager.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2019, 10:47:41 AM »
Just when I think I've had my money's worth from this gear, it gives again.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2019, 11:23:10 AM »
Being vaguely respectful of another person's right to an opinion doesn't necessarily equate to agreeing. You can disagree with someone - even strongly so - without resorting to "haha look at this guy over here who doesn't toe the line, what a div" or some such variation. Not that I think you do that personally, but there's a tendency on here for people to come circling when they smell blood in the water.

Also, equally, people can choose not to comment - as eamonn has said, there's really no need to always have a go. It tends to be the same people again and again, which tells me more about them than the various people they're piling on.

Respect for someone's right to an opinion and respect for that opinion aren't the same thing and I think the vast majority of comments slagging posts off are due to the latter. Personally I can't ever respect an opinion which thinks calling Wesley 'hop-along' is ok and, for me, that's where everything with him this time started. I'd tried to ignore it and just not post but when he spent a week slagging our player off and tried to pass it off as fair criticism I felt he needed to be called out for it, not because of who he is but because of what he was posting.

Offline Kimaster1976

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2019, 01:29:37 PM »
I actually wouldn't say it's beyond the realms of possibility to be fair should Smith be struggling in say a month or two.

Mourinho's best friend in football (possibly only friend) John Terry is already in place as assistant remember.

Jose will go after the job where the biggest pot of gold is and most unlimited potential, that's what he does. Other than managing one of the big 6 or us I can't see him anywhere else in the Premiership, can you really see him taking even the Everton job say? I can't.

Our owners will do whatever it takes and make as many cut throat decisions necessary to get us competing at the very top with the amount of money they are throwing at it of that I have no doubt.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2019, 01:34:14 PM »
Now that’s a proper leap - wonder if my favourite flat earth website will back that up - must take a look.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2019, 01:38:02 PM »
I think Deano would have to have a complete 'mare and us be adrift before the owners would consider a change, and even then, I can't see that Mourinho would be the sort off bloke they'd turn to.  I reckon they'd move heaven and earth to try to get somebody like Eddie Howe.

All largely irrelevant though, as we're going to be fine this year.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2019, 01:53:06 PM »

Skillzzz is a patronising arse.

Which, along with the babelfish interpretation of whatever Sky Sports are running at the moment, gets a bit much.

Alf on the other hand looks like he's been on the magic mushrooms. Would keep.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2019, 02:09:43 PM »
I think the connections between Purslow, Mourinho and John Terry lend themselves to some lazy journalism during an International break.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2019, 02:16:34 PM »
I think the connections between Purslow, Mourinho and John Terry lend themselves to some lazy journalism during an International break.

That has to be the most tenuous use of the word journalism ever!

Offline paul_e

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2019, 02:57:50 PM »
This hasn't even come from lazy journalists filling column inches, it's just a random forum member somewhere with nothing else to talk about.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal