collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 11:18:06 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by The Moose
[Today at 11:15:08 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by AV84
[Today at 11:07:10 AM]

Champions League Contention by Sdwbvf
[Today at 11:06:33 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:06:04 AM]

Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:57:28 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Villan82
[Today at 10:54:01 AM]

Diego Carlos by tomd2103
[Today at 10:24:33 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chantwatch  (Read 21917 times)

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
Re: Chantwatch
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2019, 08:38:16 PM »
Good news.

The father of one of the twats has got in touch with The Punjabi Villains who have agreed to educate the young man.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2019, 08:39:47 PM »
Just saw that, really hope it’s true.

Would love to see us set a good example to other clubs and deal with this properly, within the fan community as well as at club level.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2019, 08:59:01 PM »
Just saw that, really hope it’s true.

Would love to see us set a good example to other clubs and deal with this properly, within the fan community as well as at club level.
I'd like to echo this.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 09:01:09 PM by The Edge »

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2019, 09:12:57 PM »
Good, strongly worded statement by the club.  Leaves those arseholes in no doubt where they stand.
Couldn't agree more.

Agreed. Unlike the Trust's statement - "disappointed"?! Is that it?

The club got the right adjective - "disgusted".
Jonny Gould for the Trust hit exactly the right note on SSN when he condemned the chanting

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2019, 09:26:30 PM »
I think this is the way forward rather than just a Ban, they all look very young.

Well done to the lads father for taking those steps.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2019, 09:37:42 PM »
Good, strongly worded statement by the club.  Leaves those arseholes in no doubt where they stand.
Couldn't agree more.

The Trust statement is awful:

"AVST is disappointed to hear about the chanting directed towards Marvelous Nakamba at the Norwich game. It’s a cheap and insulting stereotype that has no place in this day and age.
Racist stereotypes are never acceptable. Hiding so-called support behind such words are reprehensible and are condemned by all decent Villa supporters.
We will be contacting the club regarding the issue and will be working closely with them to ensure that it is addressed swiftly."

It reads like they've only heard the bit that's also in the Konsa song.  It's not just "a racist stereotype," the first two lines are out and out blatant racism. 

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2019, 09:44:39 PM »
Couldn't agree more.

The Trust statement is awful:

"AVST is disappointed to hear about the chanting directed towards Marvelous Nakamba at the Norwich game. It’s a cheap and insulting stereotype that has no place in this day and age.
Racist stereotypes are never acceptable. Hiding so-called support behind such words are reprehensible and are condemned by all decent Villa supporters.
We will be contacting the club regarding the issue and will be working closely with them to ensure that it is addressed swiftly."

It reads like they've only heard the bit that's also in the Konsa song.  It's not just "a racist stereotype," the first two lines are out and out blatant racism. 

I wouldn't describe it as 'chanting towards' Nakamba, either

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2019, 09:49:29 PM »
It strikes me there is a positive in all this, that by adding other stereotypes and ignorant/accidental/malicious slavery references in MN’s unpleasant chant we have a fighting chance of weeding out the Konsa tune too.
Might need a better tune developed by eg Brigada or some folk to displace it though realistically.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2019, 10:13:41 PM »
The real story here is the 2600 singing his proper song after the 90 with Nkamba tapping the badge and looking proud as anybody.

These cocks will hopefully be dealt with. Good statement from the club.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2019, 10:14:57 PM »
It strikes me there is a positive in all this, that by adding other stereotypes and ignorant/accidental/malicious slavery references in MN’s unpleasant chant we have a fighting chance of weeding out the Konsa tune too.
Might need a better tune developed by eg Brigada or some folk to displace it though realistically.

I agree and if some are banned, it will certainly make others think twice before trying to be so "clever".

For me, this one was one step too far and could well be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2019, 11:01:48 PM »
Even in my era which  was years ago I am 59 years of age embarrassing.

Not sure that bans are warranted though and  I draw my view from what goes amiss in the world like driving with a mobile, anti social behaviour outside of football and softly softly approach to other offences.  I know what I consider worse.

Hope this does, however, deter any further smart arse behaviour by the 15 or so knobs on the concourse on Saturday.

And before any of  us old ones get too pious remember the 70's and the likes of Albion away.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 11:10:33 PM by wittonwarrior »

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2019, 12:27:26 AM »
I remember them and remember only racists joining in. Not everyone did. So I’ll be as pious as I like if you don’t mind.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2019, 07:22:19 AM »
I think this is the way forward rather than just a Ban, they all look very young.

Well done to the lads father for taking those steps.

Is the arm round the shoulder going to cure them of all the other forms of disgusting behaviour, witnessed at these games?

Name, shame, ban.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2019, 08:15:28 AM »
A well known local black author has sent me the messages he’s exchanged with one of the defenders of the ‘song’. Quite funny, must be a sobering experience.

A little excerpt:

“It’s like the world owes something to... blacks... coloured people... what am I allowed to call them?”

“Well young Chris, you can call me Mr Brown 😳”

« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 09:00:50 AM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2019, 09:10:12 AM »
Everyone has condemned the chant and rightly so but what I don't understand is I've seen loads of people say "I saw these lads singing this". So why did nobody tell them to stop? All it would have taken is one geezer to tell them to stop or to shut up a d they would have and wouldn't have done it again. Everyone is very quick to criticise them and lay into them on the internet but not to their faces.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal