collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Demolition  (Read 16336 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Demolition
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2019, 08:24:11 AM »
I just wondered whether us capping season tickets at 30,000 is yet another clever forward planning strategy by our owners and leadership team. If we demolish the North Stand at the end of this season ( assuming we’re still in the Premier League) Villa Park will only have a 35,000-36,000 capacity,  take away the away allocation which we’d no doubt reduce during development that still allows us to cater for all existing season ticket holders plus a few thousand available on a match by match basis ? Just a thought.........?

I thought the cap was simply because clubs have to leave a certain proportion for non-season ticket holders and away fans.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2019, 10:56:54 PM »
Not that I’m aware of, most clubs choose their own percentage of tickets they want to leave available for match by match availability usually as they don’t want to restrict attendance to solely season ticket holders .

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2019, 11:17:36 PM »
Stayed over in the Holiday Inn Carrow Road last night, obviously very convenient but got mr thinking whether we are planning a hotel for the North Stand car park? Granted, the area isn’t quite ideal, however there must be some financial sense in it?

Offline Sdwbvf

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2019, 07:53:04 AM »
They do conferences so why not. My wife did one there a few years ago and had to stay in the city centre and get the train out to witton each day.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2019, 09:55:21 AM »
My Dad must have worked at that BT workshop. He's often mentioned how often there were footballs being kicked over the stands there.

How? Tonev would only have been a toddler at most.

Guffaws.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2019, 12:26:11 PM »
I think a hotel would do well, would always be full on match days and on non match days the right price would attract the Tourists with city centre hotels now quite pricey on certain dates. Short hop over to Witton Station

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2019, 12:42:51 PM »
I just wondered whether us capping season tickets at 30,000 is yet another clever forward planning strategy by our owners and leadership team. If we demolish the North Stand at the end of this season ( assuming we’re still in the Premier League) Villa Park will only have a 35,000-36,000 capacity,  take away the away allocation which we’d no doubt reduce during development that still allows us to cater for all existing season ticket holders plus a few thousand available on a match by match basis ? Just a thought.........?

I thought the cap was simply because clubs have to leave a certain proportion for non-season ticket holders and away fans.
If stadium expansion plans do go ahead i really hope they knock down the North stand and build a bigger & better version fit for the 21st century. When speaking on the subject Christian Purslow said "we have planning permission to infill the corners" I'd urge them to take in a game when it's full so they can see for themselves how cramped it is. Not only that it's a bloody eyesore even with the spruce up it got in the summer.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2019, 12:51:46 PM »
Add the Witton Lane to that. Done on a low budget by Herbert

Online The Edge

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2019, 01:01:02 PM »
Add the Witton Lane to that. Done on a low budget by Herbert
True

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2019, 01:57:36 PM »
I think a hotel would do well, would always be full on match days and on non match days the right price would attract the Tourists with city centre hotels now quite pricey on certain dates. Short hop over to Witton Station
I can't see any circumstances where a hotel would attract tourists outside of game days.  Seriously why would anyone stay in the middle of Aston when there are numerous options on the outskkirts of the city?  If they think they can fill it through game days, conferences etc then great, but even as a fan I wouldn't contempate staying there.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2019, 03:22:01 PM »
I can't see any circumstances where a hotel would attract tourists outside of game days.  Seriously why would anyone stay in the middle of Aston when there are numerous options on the outskkirts of the city?  If they think they can fill it through game days, conferences etc then great, but even as a fan I wouldn't contempate staying there.

We could rent rooms by the hour so people waiting for trains home after the game can queue in rotation.

Offline waynejames

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2019, 04:21:31 PM »
I have so many fond memories of the Academy Building...In years gone by (90s) I played indoor cricket at Stumps for the MEB works side then when the cricket became less popular I played a lot of 4 aside football down there. More recently I joined the healthy goals foundation and dusted down my boots at 47 years of age to play football and lose some lard...
Along with all this my kids have enjoyed the fun days on match days.
Will miss the place......

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2019, 04:25:55 PM »
I'll bet I played indoor cricket against you.

Online The Edge

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2019, 06:21:09 PM »
I have so many fond memories of the Academy Building...In years gone by (90s) I played indoor cricket at Stumps for the MEB works side then when the cricket became less popular I played a lot of 4 aside football down there. More recently I joined the healthy goals foundation and dusted down my boots at 47 years of age to play football and lose some lard...
Along with all this my kids have enjoyed the fun days on match days.
Will miss the place......
I really hope the club can find room elsewhere to replace stumps. They do some great things for the communoty and for people with kids on matchdays.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2019, 07:55:47 PM »

Agree.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal