collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 10:44:59 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by eamonn
[Today at 10:38:10 PM]

Re: FFP by AV82EC
[Today at 10:36:39 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 10:32:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:30:40 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:29:02 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:27:22 PM]

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Arsenal v Aston Villa Post-Surrender Thread  (Read 36654 times)

Offline Nii Lamptey

Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa Post-Surrender Thread
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2019, 07:06:42 PM »
Utter bollocks from Smith. Thought the players did admirably if I'm being honest, and after breathing through their collective arseholes after 65mins, they really needed Smith to come in and change it up.

I like Smith as our manager, but he has done nothing so far..... NOTHING... to give me confidence that he is a Premier League manager. He needs to wise up to his mistakes, and fast!

On the players side of things - McGinn was gone after 65 mins (first time I've seen him so tired) and should have been pulled for hotlips, and I'm really starting to like the look of Nakamba. Sits in there and does a lot of the dirty work.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2019, 07:07:00 PM »
Insert "this is fine" fire cartoon meme for Drummond.

Haha, you're so funny.

It's not fine. It's not great at all but you'd think we'd been relegated and disgraced ourselves the way people react.

Well, we have just gone into the second half one up against ten men, only to repeat the mistake we last made six days ago, and get beaten 3-2 when the correct subs to be made could by spotted by a one eyed man on a galloping horse.

It's not humiliation, no, but it is incredibly frustrating, and it's hardly surprising people are reacting angrily half an hour after it's finished, is it?

We got into that position to then lose it. We didn't do a Watford.

Of course it's frustrating but don't start questioning him already. Please.

No, you're right, we didn't lose 8-0, that would have been way more, but we managed to turn 3 points into none by way of some poor management. It isn't surprising people are questioning the manager's handling of the game as a result.

It's not the end of the world, but there's going to be immense frustration.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2019, 07:08:46 PM »
Chill, people. 32 games to go. Next 3 are eminently winnable. We go again, you bunch of sugarbags.

Sugarbags!!!lol.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2019, 07:10:11 PM »
Corralling my thoughts walking back up the Holloway Road.

The first is the bad; the naivety that was the last 20 minutes. For me we needed to sacrifice the wide options quicker and bring in more central midfielders to try and stop them running through us.

Having a man advantage is fine, unless you're sacrificing territory and possession in which case it makes no difference.

All three goals were very poor. Engles in the build up to giving the free kick away for the 3rd, Mings no clearing his lines for the 2nd and just letting their player drive through us for the 1st. All very avoidable.

We've thrown it away, all 3 points.

But, I also felt we played well for good chunks. We looked threatening, probably should have scored more. Grealish needs to get on the ball and drive more, as when he did, he cut them to ribbons.

There's plenty there, but I feel our naivety is working against us at the moment. I didnt expect anything here today, but I leave, hugely irritated that we didnt win.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2019, 07:11:47 PM »
I'm really starting to like the look of Nakamba. Sits in there and does a lot of the dirty work.

Agreed. Thought he was great today. Full of running, makes it look simple, battles well making it difficult for the opposition.. and gets subbed when McGinn was on all fours.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2019, 07:12:21 PM »
Corralling my thoughts walking back up the Holloway Road.

The first is the bad; the naivety that was the last 20 minutes. For me we needed to sacrifice the wide options quicker and bring in more central midfielders to try and stop them running through us.

Having a man advantage is fine, unless you're sacrificing territory and possession in which case it makes no difference.

All three goals were very poor. Engles in the build up to giving the free kick away for the 3rd, Mings no clearing his lines for the 2nd and just letting their player drive through us for the 1st. All very avoidable.

We've thrown it away, all 3 points.

But, I also felt we played well for good chunks. We looked threatening, probably should have scored more. Grealish needs to get on the ball and drive more, as when he did, he cut them to ribbons.

There's plenty there, but I feel our naivety is working against us at the moment. I didnt expect anything here today, but I leave, hugely irritated that we didnt win.

A very fair summation without the needless hyperbole.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2019, 07:13:53 PM »
Jack Grealish made that second goal however he needed to do a lot more against 10 players and look to deliver . That was a match where he needed to stepup to control things instead we invited too much pressure and Guendouzi.
Guendouzi is a different level of midfielder to what we have.
We needed a midfielder like that to run the game and be on the ball.
Trezeguet looks so weak and offering very little. Look at how Guendouzi shrugged him off.
Hardly any link up with Gilbert.
Guilbert does well but is another Hutton with his crossing and lack of want to get to byline.
I think Marvellous  Nakamba needed to come off sooner.
Douglas Luiz was needed at the right time or even Hourihane Villa were playing far too open.
Far too easy letting Arsenal on to us inviting pressure and then were held back by the lack of ability of attacking players and midfielders holding the ball .
Mings was shocking with his header to Taylor trying to go calm and play a short header to team mate in area asked for trouble . That was an individual error.
As was the 3rd with Nakamba who should have been subbed passing back loosely
Really annoying to lose that and should not have done
Well done to Wesley, took his goal well,and showed bits and pieces but not enough against the 10.  ElGhazi was good enough in parts but  Trezeguet deserved to be subbed but not for Elmo.
I said before don't see a win till October 19th but was pleasantly surprised in the lead at 1-0 and that when Maitland Niles is 2nd yellow did think that we would win and great character again at 1-1 to instant get ahead .
That's where failed at 2-1 . To go on and keep goal threat.
Watching I felt the nevitable even against 10 that Arsenal would find a way
Didn't offer enough in attack and that was annoying.
And didn't look to change to make anything solid in midfield.
I don't know what other people are saying about Dean's tactics as they are not explaining anything but I certainly saw a far too open side and a side that then showed little intent to attack and wilted.

Luiz was not on the bench.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2019, 07:14:05 PM »

He is, he's a proper annoying little scrote.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2019, 07:17:42 PM »
Again we look worse when we have an extra man. That fucking about with short passes in our own box was at the heart of Mings' assist for Chambers equaliser and really disappointing to concede from that free-kick where we let Arsenal bully our wall.
Naive stuff that doesn't bode well.
Good point. That wall was shambolic. Theres much work to do on the training ground.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2019, 07:17:42 PM »

Agreed. What a tosser he was today.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2019, 07:18:22 PM »

As is Bangyouwangs hair.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2019, 07:20:52 PM »
The inevitability of defeat is almost crushing, the game was ours to lose and lose it we did.

If we don’t start learning, and quickly, we are going to be deep in a relegation battle at the time we need to look attractive to potential players.

We were absolutely fine until the last 20 then lost shape, discipline and belief at a rapid rate.

We really did just need to look after the ball but we completely negated the benefit of the extra man and just threw the game away.

Not a defeat that is particularly surprising but the manner of it is worrying

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2019, 07:24:10 PM »
Expected to lose but it's the manner of it and the hope that kills you. Sixty minutes in and you conned into thinking we might just do it and then the inevitable Villa self destruction sets in and we end up with zip. Happened countless times over the years. I love Smith but I can't see where the next win is coming from.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2019, 07:24:16 PM »
This is the second time in consecutive games that we've failed miserably to beat a team of 10 men. Unfortunately, I think the writing is on the wall for us.

You also would have thought we'd learned something from our opening game but judging by today's performance we didn't learn a damn thing.

There may be 32 remaining games but we won't be winning many of them.

Offline stussyboy

« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2019, 07:32:11 PM »
It’s the hope that kills you.

Losing 3-2 away to Arsenal is not generally relegation form. We scored 2 good goals.

I think maybe 433 away at Arsenal wasn’t the best idea, and I’m sure Dean is now fully aware of this.

I have faith.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal