collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Jhon Durán - signed by pablo_picasso
[Today at 11:55:24 AM]

FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 11:54:56 AM]

Nicolò Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by Hookeysmith
[Today at 11:47:55 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Hookeysmith
[Today at 11:46:04 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by LeeB
[Today at 11:43:54 AM]

Kits 23/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 11:40:09 AM]

International Rugby by paul_e
[Today at 10:06:23 AM]

Games Moved for TV by olaftab
[Today at 09:19:58 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Jhon Durán - signed by pablo_picasso
[Today at 11:55:24 AM]

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 11:54:56 AM]

Re: Nicolò Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by Hookeysmith
[Today at 11:47:55 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Hookeysmith
[Today at 11:46:04 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by LeeB
[Today at 11:43:54 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Hookeysmith

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Drummond

Re: FFP by Drummond
[Today at 11:39:05 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 219251 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #810 on: December 14, 2019, 07:15:08 PM »
While our current run is depressing, I’m filled with rage about all of the dropped points earlier in the season. There are so many examples, the Arsenal game being especially aggravating. I’d hoped it wouldn’t come back to bite us, and of course here we are.

Yes we messed up badly in the first few weeks. Not beating ten men West Ham, leading twice v Burnley at home and also the headless chicken opening 10 minutes v Bournemouth which cost us at least a point.

Worry for me is it's all gone flat very quickly and the goals are drying up so not a good combination at all for the huge games coming up in next two weeks.

Given our options up front it's a minor miracle we've scored as many as we've had although that is starting to balance up.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #811 on: December 14, 2019, 07:18:05 PM »
While our current run is depressing, I’m filled with rage about all of the dropped points earlier in the season. There are so many examples, the Arsenal game being especially aggravating. I’d hoped it wouldn’t come back to bite us, and of course here we are.
Couldn’t agree more and Smith was the major reason why we threw those points away and in terms of game management nothing has changed.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #812 on: December 14, 2019, 07:23:31 PM »
Lack of fight worries me. A basic requirement in this League. Also, lack of fitness is a major concern.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #813 on: December 14, 2019, 07:24:35 PM »
No

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #814 on: December 14, 2019, 07:25:16 PM »
I honestly think the players have sussed Wes out as a dud and the whole team is suffering. No hold up play leads to knackered legs on 70mins.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #815 on: December 14, 2019, 07:29:20 PM »
Yes, the so-called "free hits" are proving anything but. We need to improve our record against the moneyed elite, especially with most of them at Villa Park in the second half of the season. I'll be annoyed if wr don't pick up any points from very average looking Arsenal and Tottenham sides, and we are due a win against Man U... it'll be a decade on Thursday.

Arsenal perhaps but they showed last night that they can still be dangerous, if they sort their defence out there’s a good team there. I think Spurs have turned a corner and will be back pushing for a top 6 place, they have underperformed so far but putting five past Burnley should boost their confidence. They’re not the sort of games that will decide our season it is making sure we pick up the points against other teams in the bottom half of the league and we play a lot of them over the next few weeks.

Surely we could do something against Chelsea at home? They've just lost to a Bournemouth team with about 12 players out. Also lost to West Ham and Everton on bad runs. Our meek performance down there dosen't look too clever now.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #816 on: December 14, 2019, 07:30:28 PM »
Anyway another week outside the bottom 3 so that's an important thing to cling onto. We're poor but not poor enough to fall into relegation zone yet.

richtheholtender

« Reply #817 on: December 14, 2019, 07:30:47 PM »
No. We’re still out the bottom 3 with two struggling teams coming up at home. We could be 4-6 points clear of the bottom 3 come the half way stage. I don’t care what anybody says, stopping up has always and will always be the goal for this season and so far we are on track to do that.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #818 on: December 14, 2019, 07:36:08 PM »
The next 3 games define our season.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #819 on: December 14, 2019, 07:36:38 PM »
9 points from the next 3 is both realistic and essential.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #820 on: December 14, 2019, 07:36:43 PM »
Just had a look at Southampton's run after next weekend's game. Up to 1st Feb they have:

Chelsea away

Palace home

Spurs home

Leicester away

Wolves home

Palace away

Liverpool away

O.k a guarenteed 3 points at Chelsea due to Lampard desperately trying to relegate us but reality is we win next week or at worst not lose and there's a good chance we could build up a decent points buffer over 18th by end of January.

Not going to go too negatively unless we come out next weekend and play dismally.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #821 on: December 14, 2019, 07:43:46 PM »
You’re right soccer. On paper were in an ok place, in with a chance heading into January when we will surely buy the players needed to plug gaping holes in the team.

It’s the nature of the last few results I’m worried about - lack of fight, lack of intelligence. Everyone said Leicester are the form team, always going to be a hard game etc. But look at their result today at home. Chelsea and today were also abysmal.

We just have that whiff about us.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #822 on: December 14, 2019, 07:55:10 PM »
Right now I don’t trust these players to beat anyone, players have off days, moments, but bloody hell we’ve gone into our shells and Smith and his coaches seem unable to coach them out of them. Nakamba for example, ran the show against Brighton, he’s been pish ever since, McGinn, where do you start, Luiz has been bobbins. 
We need a win Tuesday, any kind will do followed up with an assured victory on Saturday, nothing else will do.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #823 on: December 14, 2019, 08:03:34 PM »
The next 3 games define our season.

December 21st to January 21st will define our season. Southampton (H), Norwich (H), Watford (A), Burnley (A), Man City (H), Brighton (A), Watford (H)

Apart from Man City we couldn't hope for a better run of fixtures to try to climb the table.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 08:08:08 PM by Damo70 »

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #824 on: December 14, 2019, 08:07:38 PM »
Right now I don’t trust these players to beat anyone, players have off days, moments, but bloody hell we’ve gone into our shells and Smith and his coaches seem unable to coach them out of them. Nakamba for example, ran the show against Brighton, he’s been pish ever since, McGinn, where do you start, Luiz has been bobbins. 
We need a win Tuesday, any kind will do followed up with an assured victory on Saturday, nothing else will do.

Consistency is the issue with the players. All our players are good on their day and can change games but everyone of them including grealish has off games quite regularly and quite a few of them like AEG are all or nothing.

We’ve only had a couple games where everyone clicked, Everton and Norwich.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal