collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Morgan Rogers - Signed by AV84
[Today at 11:07:10 AM]

Champions League Contention by Sdwbvf
[Today at 11:06:33 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:06:04 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Richard E
[Today at 11:05:02 AM]

Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:57:28 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Villan82
[Today at 10:54:01 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:32:05 AM]

Diego Carlos by tomd2103
[Today at 10:24:33 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 223667 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #1905 on: June 24, 2020, 08:11:14 PM »
We’ve taken 2 points from our last 7 games. I reckon that based on how those games were playing out I reckon it would be unreasonable to have expected an addition 7-9 points. Far far too often we’ve thrown points away. It’s down to poor management.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1906 on: June 24, 2020, 08:42:03 PM »
I started to get worried Arsenal second half and that game sucked a lot of belief out of the players.
Smith stood there watching us get dominated by 10 men without a clue what to do.
The same thing has happened time and again. I was hoping the break would help us but yesterday proved nothing has changed. He has no idea how to effect the game with subs or tactics.
I think there is enough talent in the squad to give us a chance but I don’t think the management is up to it.

I still think the Spurs home game did a lot of damage.

Yeah I thought we were down the moment Son scored and nothing I saw at Southampton and Leicester or indeed in the three games since has changed my mind.

We are as fragile as f*** and with Jack dipping in form we simply don't carry much attacking threat so classic bottom 3 team.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1907 on: June 25, 2020, 12:31:56 PM »
Not sure where to put this but I reckon it might help us if Liverpool win the title tonight. I think he'll still play first team against Man City next week regardless but may start rotating match after, I.e. us. Alternatively, if Citeh win tonight and next week Liverpool can win it against us.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1908 on: June 25, 2020, 12:49:30 PM »
Not sure where to put this but I reckon it might help us if Liverpool win the title tonight. I think he'll still play first team against Man City next week regardless but may start rotating match after, I.e. us. Alternatively, if Citeh win tonight and next week Liverpool can win it against us.
We are down to needing snookers, if Liverpool secure the title they might vacate mentally and or play some lesser players I don’t see it myself.
I expect we will get easily beaten.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1909 on: June 25, 2020, 12:50:34 PM »
I'm hoping Liverpool have the title wrapped up long before they play us and we find ourselves against their cup team.

Online Meanwood Villa

« Reply #1910 on: June 25, 2020, 12:58:20 PM »
They're either going to win it tonight or next Thursday. Those are the only options before we play them.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1911 on: June 25, 2020, 12:59:53 PM »
we would lose playing ourselves at the minute.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #1912 on: June 25, 2020, 01:36:47 PM »
It's going okay, in the sense that we are doing enough at the moment to give ourselves a chance. Sticking to my one-day cricket analogy, we're up to the required run rate in points, and only marginally behind on the Duckworth–Lewis–Stern of goal difference. We only need to finish 17th, and we only need to be there when that final final whistle blows.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1913 on: June 25, 2020, 01:37:32 PM »
We are down to needing snookers, if Liverpool secure the title they might vacate mentally and or play some lesser players I don’t see it myself.
I expect we will get easily beaten.

It's in our hands still.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #1914 on: June 25, 2020, 02:24:21 PM »
This is the worst Arsenal team for decades. We shouldn't be writing that off straight away.
That's true but I still worry about Aubameyang and Lacazette against our back four.

Lacazette hasn't scored a single away goal in the league all season.

A good betting tip for when they play us if nothing else.

Ultimately Arsenal have won two away games all season (same as us) so they've been rubbish for pretty much all of the season. Can't see them lifting a leg right at the end when they can't do it now seeing as they still have a slight chance of finishing in 7th which could still be enough for europa.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1915 on: June 25, 2020, 03:38:00 PM »
This is the worst Arsenal team for decades. We shouldn't be writing that off straight away.
That's true but I still worry about Aubameyang and Lacazette against our back four.

Ultimately Arsenal have won two away games all season (same as us) so they've been rubbish for pretty much all of the season. Can't see them lifting a leg right at the end when they can't do it now seeing as they still have a slight chance of finishing in 7th which could still be enough for europa.
Ok Arsenal is definitely 3 points, where are the other points coming from ?

Offline Luke8

« Reply #1916 on: June 25, 2020, 03:51:08 PM »

We might not be favourites, but it’s hardly out of the realms of possibility that we can get something from Palace, West Ham or Everton. Don’t think Man United have been that good that you can completely write that off either.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1917 on: June 25, 2020, 04:00:17 PM »

We might not be favourites, but it’s hardly out of the realms of possibility that we can get something from Palace, West Ham or Everton. Don’t think Man United have been that good that you can completely write that off either.
I think we might pick up a couple of draws and will need to beat Arse to go into the last game with something to play for.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #1918 on: June 25, 2020, 04:07:09 PM »

I saw Palace as a must win game but they are very good away from home. Still there's a match where we'll probably have to go all out for the win compared to others we're playing in the run in.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #1919 on: June 25, 2020, 11:21:25 PM »
It’s tough, no doubt, and a worry about points, Palace, Arsenal, Man U could be 7 points! Probably more 4.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal