collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 223052 times)

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #1350 on: February 02, 2020, 06:12:06 AM »
I’ve just looked at the fixtures for all the sides around us. Plenty of 6 pointers for our rivals and games against both 'The Mighty Reds YNWA' and Citeh with a few juicy derbies thrown in. All look very tough. I think I preferred our run in the most if I’m honest. If there is mid table mediocrity in this league we’ll be playing most of them.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #1351 on: February 02, 2020, 08:47:37 AM »
I am concerned again. The next 10 or so look considerably harder. We're not getting points v the top half and need to start doing that in order to stay up.

We'd have been relatively comfortable with a win yesterday. I think we may look back on this game

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1352 on: February 02, 2020, 09:10:09 AM »
We are - in anger.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #1353 on: February 02, 2020, 09:17:36 AM »
We are - in anger.
Well don’t..... winky thing

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1354 on: February 02, 2020, 09:23:16 AM »
Musical chairs for the next 3 months I’m afraid to say. I’m hoping it doesn’t all come down to Wet Spam on the last day because we just don’t seem to have the minerals.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1355 on: February 02, 2020, 09:26:18 AM »
Well, Spurs at home and Southampton away seem a little more charitable than Man City and a trip to Anfield. Let's recall the benefits of passing to a Villa player from defence and put a little gap between us and West Ham.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1356 on: February 02, 2020, 09:55:09 AM »
After that the West Ham have Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea I think, all of which will know how much their fans want to see West Ham relegated. They’ve the worst run in out of everyone I think.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #1357 on: February 02, 2020, 10:09:18 AM »
It's still anybodies. There's a number of teams in the shit. We still need 4 wins to be sure. I wouldn't say anyone around us is feeling anymore confident that us. Watford's honeymoon looks over, West Ham have a horrible run which could derail them, Norwich are gone, Brighton can't win a raffle and B'mouth have a had a couple of results just like we did. Plenty of twists and turns to come. We do need a result against a team we normally lose to though.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #1358 on: February 02, 2020, 10:11:39 AM »
I said before it’s musical chairs until the final whistle on the last day, we are not going to pull away. Looks like our chance is to win our home games as our away record is dire.

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #1359 on: February 02, 2020, 10:26:44 AM »
We should not let a miracle last gasp win against Watford blind us to the fact that 5 or 6 of our regular first team are not (and may never be) of sufficient standard for the Premier League.

FFP has been a massive advantage to those clubs that were able to consolidate before the drawbridge was pulled up.

I have a bad feeling that Jack will not be with us next season.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1360 on: February 02, 2020, 10:41:38 AM »
I've always been worried about this season and still am.  The real disaster of yesterday was gifting Bournemoth another win and helping their mini revival.  If we're to stay up my feeling is they will need to be one of the fall guys because I still think Watford and West Ham will have too much.

It's tight, but it was always going to be.  We're still one of the form teams in the relegation mix and we've got Jack with McGinn also to come back.  If I was one of the other teams I'd be worried about us.

There's a long way to go and there will be plenty of flip flops between 'we're doomed' and 'we look good' between now and the end of the season.

For me, it's too tight to call, which is pretty much what we should really have expected at the start of the season.

Offline Ads

« Reply #1361 on: February 02, 2020, 10:52:09 AM »
West Ham and Watford have so far proved they've got less than us.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1362 on: February 02, 2020, 10:58:22 AM »
Just because they're below us doesn't change my view that I think they'll both probbaly have too much between now and the end of the season.

Offline ez

« Reply #1363 on: February 02, 2020, 12:14:35 PM »
I said before it’s musical chairs until the final whistle on the last day, we are not going to pull away. Looks like our chance is to win our home games as our away record is dire.

Spot on. I expect we will drop into the bottom 3 at some point before the end of the season. Maybe more than once. It just depends where we are after the final game. We'll just have to stay on tenter hooks.

Offline Ads

« Reply #1364 on: February 02, 2020, 12:18:46 PM »
Just because they're below us doesn't change my view that I think they'll both probbaly have too much between now and the end of the season.

That's fair enough, but they've not shown it so far.

My bottom 3 would be Norwich, Watford and Brighton.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal