collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by cdward
[Today at 03:31:31 PM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 03:30:50 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:18:52 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth Post Match Thread  (Read 34186 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Aston Villa 1-2 Bournemouth Post Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2019, 05:01:26 PM »
No-one in this division will give you a break, very few mistakes happen and you have to earn every single point.  We almost earned a point but have to be ruthless. 

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2019, 05:01:35 PM »
Not good enough I'm afraid.  Two pisspoor mistakes from players who should know better and it's massively uphill from there.

We created quite a few decent chances but, guess what, had no cutting edge and it took a screamer to get us on the scoresheet.  Bournemouth could have had a couple more on the break.

Wesley, Kodjia and Davis is a big big worry and I can't see AEG or Jota chipping in with many either. 

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2019, 05:01:50 PM »
Not a disaster but its coming down the tracks at us if we carry on like this.

Online dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2019, 05:01:59 PM »
Thought without question we deserved a draw for that second half performance.  Subs didn't help when needed.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2019, 05:03:05 PM »
If you only saw the other stats and not the game score you’d swear looking at this we won. We need to be clinical. Norwich have a proven goal scorer and look how effective Pukki was today. The inability to bring in another forward will hurt us.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2019, 05:03:12 PM »
The mistakes were poor but it still took a ridiculously jammy deflection for the second one to sneak in. Lacked the clinical edge afterwards which may be an ongoing problem unfortunately but the fact that the chances are being created is more important to me.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2019, 05:03:12 PM »
From the stats we battered them.

Sadly these 5-10 minutes lapses when we're giving up two goals isn't going to win us many games at this level.

Could understand it last week given the circumstances but starting in the manner today was a disaster.

Would expect 3-4 changes for Everton, both new full backs in will be starting I'd suspect.
Why the fullbacks? They both played well and none of them are to blame for losing either game.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2019, 05:03:20 PM »
Douglas Luiz (after a dodgy first 15) was excellent I thought, not withstanding the goal.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2019, 05:03:47 PM »
Wake up call - if we didn’t know by now, this is going to be a rough ride. Mistakes get punished ruthlessly in this league.

It’s still early days but we need to get some points on the board soon else the season looks like a long one already

Yep. I actually don't think it's a bad thing.

Losing first two isn't great but Spurs away is one of the toughest out there in the league now. West Ham lost at home to Bournemouth 2-1 second game last season and indeed lost their first four games. They finished 10th.

Some of the predictions and hype on mainly untested signings was pretty crazy, this is a big step up. The league may be overhyped in many ways but there's plenty of quality even at mid range clubs as Bournemouth's front three showed today.

We need time to grow but points on the board are needed soon. Don't play Newcastle until late November so that's one disappointment as they look worse at least.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2019, 05:03:56 PM »
I saw enough to make me think we'll get there.

Though there's no point in sending so many crosses in with nobody in the box. So often our build-up is full of precision until it goes to Elmo, who then seems to gamble with a hoof to nobody. Annoying.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2019, 05:04:05 PM »
Pissy thing is Spurs and the Cherries have won because of individual mistakes. Get them out of the system ( hopefully ) early days and we'll be a very entertaining team to watch. Thought everyone was excellent again today ( errors aside ) and it's going to click soon.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2019, 05:04:24 PM »
From the stats we battered them.

Sadly these 5-10 minutes lapses when we're giving up two goals isn't going to win us many games at this level.

Could understand it last week given the circumstances but starting in the manner today was a disaster.

Would expect 3-4 changes for Everton, both new full backs in will be starting I'd suspect.
Why the fullbacks? They both played well and none of them are to blame for losing either game.

Creating more going forward most likely, both have been fine defensively but we're lacking creating good chances.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2019, 05:04:35 PM »
Other worrying signs include Grealish looking like he’s failing to impose himself in the PL as well as I’d hoped (losing streak monkey on back?) and el ghazi looking every bit a championship player.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2019, 05:05:14 PM »
Success is often down to making as few mistakes as possible, fewer than your opponent at least.  We've long had a habit of shooting ourselves in both feet.  We can't afford to do that too often in the PL.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2019, 05:05:35 PM »
Poor effort. All that preparation chucked away by thick as shit mistakes in the first 10 minutes.

Decent possession etc after that but very little goal threat. Team looks unbalanced in a worryingly 2015/16 esque way.

Expect we’re getting beaten again on Friday so I just hope the team spirit is resilient enough to cope while we struggle to get going and figure out where the goals are coming from.

This post is completely wrong, I’m sorry.

We dominated them for the last 50 minutes. Lop-sided possession stats. Grealish and McGinn getting forward with ease. Wesley finally playing with some urgency. We could’ve scored 3 or 4 headers in the second half. Engels and Mings were comfortable all game. Not to mention Douglas’ FIRST PL match.

If Bournemouth hadn’t gotten the luckiest 15 minutes of their life I’d say that game could’ve ended 4-0.

I’m not happy about the loss, duh. What I am unhappy about is that it took us 40 minutes to get the car out of park.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 05:07:31 PM by villadelph »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal