collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pick team v Spurs  (Read 4953 times)

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
Re: Pick team v Spurs
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2019, 09:40:23 AM »
Pretty much my thoughts too Risso. I'd have Hause over Taylor on the bench too. Which makes me think we may as well try and flog him.

Offline Baldy

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2019, 09:58:48 AM »
Hourihane will get marmelized in that position. Fred to start at RB and Engles in the middle with Mings. Don't know about DM - why not bung Marv in?

If it was Bournemouth at home for the first match, Guilbert, Engels and Marv would seriously be considered in my starting eleven. I really rate Hourihane, Elmo and Hause and think they have 'toughened up' towards the end of last season and earned a game against Spurs to prove themselves. Jota has had a great pre-season and should be rewarded.

Spurs away, might be a bit like jumping in the 'deep end before you can swim' for a few of the new players.

Brill that Deano has so many options and thankfully, a good head on his shoulders. Mine is spinning!!!

« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 10:07:27 AM by Baldy »

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2019, 10:01:17 AM »
Heaton
Guilbert  Engels Mings Targett
Marvelous
McGinn Grealish
Trezeguet Wesley El Ghazi

Subs: Steer Elmo Hause Konsa Jota Kodjia

Haven't seen that Luiz has got his work permit yet, but still no place on the bench for Chester or Lansbury.

I'd go with that lineup, too.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2019, 10:12:52 AM »
Pretty much my thoughts too Risso. I'd have Hause over Taylor on the bench too. Which makes me think we may as well try and flog him.

Yes, Hause can cover centre back and left back, so Taylor misses out too.  If we buy another forward, which we should, then Kodjia misses out as well, as does Davis when everybody is fit.  What a turnaround.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2019, 01:08:11 PM »
I haven't got a clue on what the team should be for this one, but for the first time that I can remember - out of the team that won their last match of the season, (with some flair I might add), there are only 2 x players that where actually owned by the club, that I want to see in the starting line-up and that's Jack & SJM.

Offline lukey27

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2019, 03:49:18 PM »
I think Jota is an absolute cert to start the match. With two more expansive full-backs there will be occasions this season where he can play narrower and could even play Nakamba and Douglas together.

First up, though, I can't imagine he'll go too far away from the formation last season, so I imagine it'll be;

Heaton
Guilbert
Targett
Engels
Mings

Nakamba
Grealish
McGinn

Jota
El Ghazi
Wesley

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2019, 06:41:17 AM »
I'd go with Lukey. Jota's been in form, no rush to put Trez in.

Luiz to start if available and played.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Steer start.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2019, 07:43:26 AM »
Heaton

Targett
Mings
Engles
Guilbert

Marvelous
McGinn
Grealish

Jota
Wesley
El Ghazi

I like the way it reads Marvellous McGinn

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2019, 07:44:48 AM »
 Heaton to start, I don't think he's come to sit on the bench. Jed was magnificent last season but he's no longer first pick.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2019, 08:45:46 AM »
I think Jota is an absolute cert to start the match. With two more expansive full-backs there will be occasions this season where he can play narrower and could even play Nakamba and Douglas together.

First up, though, I can't imagine he'll go too far away from the formation last season, so I imagine it'll be;

Heaton
Guilbert
Targett
Engels
Mings

Nakamba
Grealish
McGinn

Jota
El Ghazi
Wesley

This would be my team and I never dreamed that I'd be picking Jota in a starting 11 when he first signed for us a few weeks ago.  The only two positions that I have to think about is defensive midfield and whether to start with Trez.  For me, the safer bets next week are AEG & Marvelous.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal